Manchester City

mrbojangles

and it's 'NW' by the way.
:D

Do I take it that James has never been to Old Trafford ? :D

But not even knowing it's geographical whereabouts. :D

Probably missed out on Lancashire Hotpot, Scouse & Toad in the Hole for school dinners too..... :D

Mind you now that I think about he probably didn't miss too many culinary delights (apart from the rasberry jam in semolina. :) )

Edited by LeungKen

Probably missed out on Lancashire Hotpot, Scouse & Toad in the Hole for school dinners too..... :)

And tatty ash :D

for what it's worth i think city are going to be a genuine threat to the top four hegemony next season. sign tevez, santa cruz and a few other top class players and they'll be after arsenal's seat at the table.

If they can convince the players to sign without any CL action, then yes could be a real threat next year. Tevez would be a great signing for City and you guys can afford him.

Mate, seriously, when its this time of year and we have another league title, I can assure that u that not one player or supporter gives a flying dog turd about losing 2 to liverpool.

Now I understand that teams outside of the big 4 may take extra pleasure from beating any of us during the course of the year, the fact remains that the title is decided over 38 games.

I guess not being from the NE does have its advantages when it come to separating fact from sarcasm, but don't take my word for it, just visit the league table at end of each year for further clarification :D

you'd be absolutely wrong there james, i know plenty who really, really do.

:):D James is like the embarrassing Aunty, who every time she opens her gob, she puts her foot in it. :D

Hence the reason he never made it to OT, he has been scouring the streets of Redcar and Hartlepool looking for it :)

Hence the reason he never made it to OT, he has been scouring the streets of Redcar and Hartlepool looking for it :)

Now, now jack. I hear james is quite handy with an Ice Hockey stick/bat/club/racket :D

Now, now jack. I hear james is quite handy with an Ice Hockey stick/bat/club/racket :D

post-15680-1245167476.gif

Edited by JacknDanny

post-15680-1245167789_thumb.jpg

COME ON YOU REDS!!!!!!!!

Almost a full page trying to the piss out of me, coming from u citeh folk that's a compliment guys.

Sorry if I can't play along quite a much as I used to and it takes a bit longer for me to reply, but with work and the 5 week old high on the priority list u can understand why.

But don't worry, I figure in about 2 years he can take over for me on here and handle the intelligent NW banter without too much difficulty.

post-15680-1245167789_thumb.jpg

COME ON YOU REDS!!!!!!!!

Almost a full page trying to the piss out of me, coming from u citeh folk that's a compliment guys.

Sorry if I can't play along quite a much as I used to and it takes a bit longer for me to reply, but with work and the 5 week old high on the priority list u can understand why.

But don't worry, I figure in about 2 years he can take over for me on here and handle the intelligent NW banter without too much difficulty.

Go for the Jugular Jimbo, attack their intelligence Baby, always a winner.... :)

The Term " You've made your Bed so now you have to lay in it " spring to mind & look no further than the De Jong & Bellamy deals for proof of that..

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/footbal...rs-1707042.html

The Manchester City chairman, Khaldoon al-Mubarak, has indicated that the club will buy between four and six players this summer but has said that Arab investors like Sheikh Mansour bin Zayed al-Nahyan are being discriminated against by a football world which assumes they do not understand the sport.

Mubarak, the proprietor Sheikh Mansour's representative at the club, said the figures the club's Abu Dhabi owners were being quoted for players were "a joke" and insisted that a "City price" for transfers would not be tolerated.

"I'm frustrated with people assuming we are going to throw crazy money at deals, that we won't understand true values and we can't negotiate or get value for a player. We've had numbers thrown at us that are a joke," Al Mubarak said. "There are situations where a £10m player will be offered to us for a 'City price' of £20m. We just leave because at that point there's no point arguing – if people are throwing crazy numbers at us, fine, deals won't be done."

Though he declined to discuss players, City and Blackburn Rovers are moving towards an agreement on Roque Santa Cruz, despite being around £2m apart in valuation. The final deal may see Rovers hold out for around £17m. Carlos Tevez and Joleon Lescott are two others who could join the recent signing Gareth Barry at Eastlands, with the prospect of Barcelona's Samuel Eto'o becoming another marquee name still a real one.

January's failed Kaka deal has clearly stung the Arabs, with Mubarak declaring in his interview with The National newspaper in the United Arab Emirates, that City, like their proprietors, were being discriminated against. "There is a group of clubs that fall within the hierarchy and the clubs that fall outside don't have a seat at the table and shouldn't even demand one," he said. "When we looked at Kaka, the numbers being thrown around were crazy, suddenly in the news you see 'City are crazy' and 'City are irresponsible'.

Real Madrid's summer spending has made the Sheikh's £32.5m purchase of Robinho last summer look like good value, Mubarak insisted. "Look at our Robinho deal. If he went in this transfer window for the same price [£32.5m] it would be a steal."

Real Madrid's summer spending has made the Sheikh's £32.5m purchase of Robinho last summer look like good value, Mubarak insisted. "Look at our Robinho deal. If he went in this transfer window for the same price [£32.5m] it would be a steal."

would it balls.

am i reading this wrong, or are they complaining about having too much money?

would it balls.

Yeah, your'e readfing it wrong stevie, he's not complaining about having too much money. He is complaining about teams "trying" to double the price of a player because it's City.

At the moment it's difficult because we have to try and lure players without being able to offer European football. It should settle down when / if we advance and improve and get those European spots.

He's a switched on cookie and seems to know alot about the sport. He also seems quite loyal.

would it balls.

Yeah, your'e readfing it wrong stevie, he's not complaining about having too much money. He is complaining about teams "trying" to double the price of a player because it's City.

At the moment it's difficult because we have to try and lure players without being able to offer European football. It should settle down when / if we advance and improve and get those European spots.

He's a switched on cookie and seems to know alot about the sport. He also seems quite loyal.

i was joking about the too much money bj.

but the man is being incredibly naive if he thinks that a club with billions in cash to access which already owns its own stadium and is debt-free will not be taxed to the hilt by selling clubs. chelsea were when abramovich first arrived and they could offer players CL football. city are going to have to pay top whack transfer fees and they're also going to have to completely fuc_k the salary structure of the premier league to get to where they want to be.

Don't joke about money stevie :D

but the man is being incredibly naive if he thinks that a club with billions in cash to access which already owns its own stadium and is debt-free will not be taxed to the hilt by selling clubs. chelsea were when abramovich first arrived and they could offer players CL football. city are going to have to pay top whack transfer fees and they're also going to have to completely fuc_k the salary structure of the premier league to get to where they want to be.

I reckon he already knows that stevie. And although he might be prepared to offer top whack prices, I think all he is saying is that he won't pay double their worth.

which already owns its own stadium

We don't yet. It's still a Council house :)

sorry, my bad on the ground. what i meant to say was that you're not saddled with debt to pay off on the stadium.

Yeah, your'e right.

We've actually got a top deal on the ground and no matter how much money the owners have, I would keep the deal as it is. We only pay a small percentage on ticket sales over about 35,000 as that is what Maine Road used to hold. So we get the profits for all of the first 35,000 fans. And this is about a 200 year lease. So, unless we get to a stage where we need to expand the ground, I'd keep it as it is.

would it balls.

I think its a bit of kiddology.

I think the guy knows he will have to pay over the odds, but I think what he is saying is "Dont teat me like a c#nt just cos Ive got money" :D

Sounds to me as if they have gone in for someone and been quoted a stupid price, hence he is standing his ground.

I agree with Mr BJ, he does seem a smart cookie, and seems to know what he is talking about, but as we all know, there will be a "City" tax that we have to pay until we are established as a top 4 team :)

would it balls.

I think its a bit of kiddology.

I think the guy knows he will have to pay over the odds, but I think what he is saying is "Dont teat me like a c#nt just cos Ive got money" :D

Sounds to me as if they have gone in for someone and been quoted a stupid price, hence he is standing his ground.

I agree with Mr BJ, he does seem a smart cookie, and seems to know what he is talking about, but as we all know, there will be a "City" tax that we have to pay until we are established as a top 4 team :)

I think Jack could possibly be on the money but i don't think City or him/whoever did themselves any favours with the De Jong Signing whihc i would have thought, sent a message to the Football World & not a particulary good message if you know what i mean IE " We're gonna pay whatever we have to if we want a Player bad enough "..

I agree with the shiek in the following interview, time for teams to hold the line, but many won't.. also, I am a bit confused about the line I have bolded below from the interview...

City set their sights on the joy of six

Manchester City want to sign six more players as they attempt to create a squad that can make an impact on the Premier League next season.

Tevez and Santa Cruz: Both linked with City Send to friend

Gareth Barry was the first arrival at Eastlands in a £12million deal from with Aston Villa and now chairman Khaldoon al Mubarak has revealed there will be a number of comings and goings at the North-West club.

He told The National, an Abu Dhabi English language paper: "We will shrink our squad and add four to six players.

"Key for us is that we trust (manager) Mark (Hughes) and any acquisition is based on his view."

Hughes has been linked with summer moves for Manchester United striker Carlos Tevez and Blackburn hitman Roque Santa Cruz.

But Al Mubarak also insisted City would only pay realistic fees for players and criticised what he feels is an unfair perception of the club.

"There are two things going on," he continued. "One, a general view of Arab investors and two, a whole hierarchy within football where there is a group of clubs that fall within the hierarchy and the clubs that fall outside don't have a seat at the table and shouldn't even demand one.

"I'm frustrated with people assuming we are going to throw crazy money at deals, that we won't understand true values and we can't negotiate or get value for a player.

"We've had numbers thrown at us that are a joke.

"There are situations where a £10million player will be offered to us for a 'City price' of £20million. We just leave because at that point there's no point arguing - if people are throwing crazy numbers at us, fine, deals won't be done.

"Look at (City owner) Sheikh Mansour, he's a very shrewd businessman who has conducted himself in a professional way. I will defend the value of every deal we have done.

"Look at our Robinho deal. If he went in this transfer window for the same price [£32.5million] it would be a steal.

"Our deals to date presented fair value to the clubs we brought them from, fair value to us and are typical of the type of deals we are looking to make."

Al Mubarak also bridled at the different way Real Madrid have been treated in the wake of their big-money moves for Kaka and Cristiano Ronaldo.

"Why is it when Real Madrid not only talks about but actually closes two deals, like the ones they've closed with the numbers they've committed to, it's fine?"

it means quality over quantity i think james. ship out ten or twelve who aren't good enough and who are eating up wage budget and replace them with four or five high quality players.

Yeppers. :) And we are carrying quite alot of dead weight at the moment.

it means quality over quantity i think james. ship out ten or twelve who aren't good enough and who are eating up wage budget and replace them with four or five high quality players.

if michael johnson can sort his head out we'll have him. think richards is on his bike this summer too unless he's been really kissing up to hughes.

if michael johnson can sort his head out we'll have him. think richards is on his bike this summer too unless he's been really kissing up to hughes.

I think we'll be keeping Richards unless it is for a swap deal. Johnson is a good lad but unfortunately his stomach problem (or whatever it was) kept him out. I hope he can make a good come back.

"Key for us is that we trust (manager) Mark (Hughes) and any acquisition is based on his view."

Hughes has been linked with ....... Blackburn hitman Roque Santa Cruz.

But Al Mubarak also insisted City would only pay realistic fees for players and criticised what he feels is an unfair perception of the club.

I can't understand why he'd want Cruz, he had one good season a long time ago, and could barely get a game under Allardye. 15 million quid and they talk about paying realistic fees, hopefully if it happens Big Sam will spend it on some of the sh7te he bought that helped relegate Newcastle.

Hughes's signings so far, Shay Given aside look non too spectacular to me.

Edited by sanmiguellight

Hughes has been linked with ....... Blackburn hitman Roque Santa Cruz.

I can't understand why he'd want Cruz, he had one good season a long time ago, and could barely get a game under Allardye. 15 million quid and they talk about paying realistic fees, hopefully if it happens Big Sam will spend it on some of the sh7te he bought that helped relegate Newcastle.

Hughes's signings so far, Shay Given aside look non too spectacular to me.

hughes didn't really have time to be 'spectacular' though. given, robinho, kompany, de jong and bridge are all good signings who improved the squad. the judgement will be made on what he does this summer. if he gets in tevez, santa cruz, barry and a couple of the real madrid cast-offs then he'll have improved the squad again and they'll be a better side.

hughes didn't really have time to be 'spectacular' though. given, robinho, kompany, de jong and bridge are all good signings who improved the squad.

They finished lower in the league and on less points in 08/09 then the previous year, so whilst on paper they make the squad better in reality they didnt.

the judgement will be made on what he does this summer. if he gets in tevez, santa cruz, barry and a couple of the real madrid cast-offs then he'll have improved the squad again and they'll be a better side.

But he would have gone through close to 200 million it would be expected, besides im standing by my initial comment that Cruz is no more then average and that Mark Hughes has bought at best above average players, with Given being the exception.

besides im standing by my initial comment that Cruz is no more then average and that Mark Hughes has bought at best above average players, with Given being the exception.

I must admit that I'm not a big admirer of Cruz but I'll put my faith in Hughes, if he really thinks he's that good. After all he probably knows him better than anyone else.

As for the others. They are all International's and IMO better than above average. Give em time to gel.