Visa Exempt question-nervous about it....

i've been reading a lot lately about folks who have been to Thailand several times the past few years using their 30 day exempt visa stamp and have been stopped by immigration and given a bad time..

I got a new passport a couple of years ago and have one example stamp from two years ago but that is it from Thailand. Am I going to have any difficulties when I go back again for two weeks at the end of November of this year? I am just wondering whateveryone has been experiencing. I also have a friend who has been maybe four or five times the last two years. So I want to be able to advise him.

I'm not in a location where I can easily get the 60 day tourist visa so I would certainly hope that the 30 day exempt would work for me. What's the worst case scenario?

Thx!

Edited by burkmere

No problem to enter and get a 30 day visa exempt entry.

The only restriction is doing them back to back if you stay the entire 30 days and leave only to turn around and come back to get another one.

Thanks. Was reading where one guy was gone for three years though and had several around that timeframe but not back to back. Just don't want any BIG SURPRISE one I arrive w immigration wanting a bribe or whatever!

The only restriction is doing them back to back if you stay the entire 30 days and leave only to turn around and come back to get another one.

Thanks. Was reading where one guy was gone for three years though and had several around that timeframe but not back to back. Just don't want any BIG SURPRISE one I arrive w immigration wanting a bribe or whatever!

I don't know which post you are writing about. The have been many claims of having problems but many cannot be verified or there was more to the story than was told.

You will not have a problem

I don't know which post you are writing about. The have been many claims of having problems but many cannot be verified or there was more to the story than was told.

You will not have a problem

Yes, usually the problems reported are because the poster is confused about what it is he's reporting ... quite often posting about a friend or story he heard about someone he knows nothing about ... or, in some cases, it is sometimes someone whose purpose is just to stir the pot.

Visa exempt entries used as they were intended are still freely available to those who qualify, and that would apply to the O/P.

I don't think you'll have a problem.

I have been living in Thailand the last 4 years on Non-Immigrant visa.

When my job was over, and my visa expired last month, I went over the border into Malaysia, and walked back. They would NOT give me a 30 day tourist visa, and cited the fact that I had many visas in my passport (even though they were Non-O 1-year visas). Fortunately I had two days left on my then-current visa, so they let me in. I went to Cambodia for about a week, and was nervous about coming back to Thailand. But I did. I came back overland from Siem Reap 3 weeks ago, and got a 30-day exemption to enter Thailand.

And today Immigration gave me a 30-day extension.

So I'm pretty sure you won't have a problem.

When my job was over, and my visa expired last month, I went over the border into Malaysia, and walked back. They would NOT give me a 30 day tourist visa, and cited the fact that I had many visas in my passport (even though they were Non-O 1-year visas). Fortunately I had two days left on my then-current visa, so they let me in.

You had been trying to re-enter visa exempt, not "30 days tourist visa". You've been lucky, and especially If that happened in Dannok, to been let in with a "current visa" and no re-entry permit, although possibly they factored in the inconvenience of you being allowed for just two days as a mean to serve you well.