Take the girl friend on a holiday !

tic-toc

Ive been told many times ( while sitting in a bar ) just what I have to do, to take my Thai girl friend to the UK, for a holiday. can any of the forum members out line the correct procedure / costs involved / hassle / don't do it ! / you must be mad / forget it !!!  ???  ???  ....... Thanks.
  • Like 2

Before I was married, I took my girlfriend to the UK. However, this was some 5 years ago and I am told that the visa application process is becoming more stringent.

You will need enough time before the intended trip date for her to attend the interview. The current "waiting time" is displayed in the visa application office at the British Embassy. Could be up to 12 weeks! Before she attends the interview, ensure that she is aware of the details of the trip, e.g. why she is going; when she is going; when she is returning; where she is staying and with whom; etc.

You will need a written declaration made by you that you will support her during her stay and that the purpose of the visit is holiday only. You must also declare the intended length of the stay. (As far as I am aware, the British Embassy only issue 6 month visas, no more, no less, but I would suggest that you only ask for the actual time you intend to stay). You will also need evidence that you and she have sufficient funds to support her (and you I guess) for the length of her stay.

The full list of requirements is on:

http://www.britishemb.or.th/visa/for_visitor.htm

I would suggest that you do not use the application form on the website. Get an original from the Embassy.

Good luck

• 1 year later...

jayenram is correct, the British embassy is getting more stringent now. :o

You would be better off calling the British Embassy for more details and more accurate information than posting it here.....so do it. :D or better yet.....bring her to the embassy to discuss

Here is the address (if you dont know)

British Embassy

1031 Wireless Road

Lumpini, Pathumwan

Bangkok 10330

+66 (0) 2 305 8333 Main Embassy line

The Visa Section is open to the public at the following times:

Monday – Thursday: 0730 – 0930

Friday: 0730 – 1030

Nearest BTS is Ploenchit Station. :D

<font color='#000000'>Ive been told many times ( while sitting in a bar ) just what I have to do, to take my Thai girl friend to the UK, for a holiday. can any of the forum members out line the correct procedure / costs involved / hassle / don't do it ! / you must be mad / forget it !!!  ???  ???  ....... Thanks.</font>

what about your gf's details ? some thai females can get a visa very easily, some can not. does she have a job/career, property, studying at uni etc....???

Hi Tic-Toc,

Whether a visit visa application succeeds or not largely depends upon 2 inter-linked factors, namely the applicant's circumstances in their indigenous country and their ability to display a good reason why they should return to that country at the end of their holiday. The better someone's circumstances the easier it is for them to show that they have a reason to return. Consequently, an applicant who has, for example, a poorly paid job which will find it more difficult to get a visa than someone who has been with the same employer for a long time and who is relatively well remunerated.

This advice is general in its nature. More constructive help can be given if you post details of your g/f's situation.

Cheers,

Scouse.