Yellow House Book

kiwitezza

I have a 30 year 'Land Office' registered lease. I am building a new house on the leased land and the building permit is also in my name.

I have a work permit and B visa for past 10 years. I am single with no GF.

I know of a couple of guys on retirement visas who both have a yellow house book.

My question is...... is it possible to have a yellow house book in my name?

Why not,its just that some local Govt. offices they don't really want

to bother,so put obstacles in your way,so it depends where you go

to obtain the yellow book, I got mine at SanSai and it was easy enough.

so good luck.

regards Worgeordie

• Like 1

I got my yellow book at Saraphi government office, my wife did all the talking though, so I can't tell you much. The only odd thing was that the lady we were dealing with asked if we could buy some paper for the printer, guess their budget was used up.

Not too difficult to get and is supposed to be free. However; 500 Baht is the going rate and it is asked for in different ways....like buying paper for the printer ! Well worth it though and has saved me loads over the years, not just in terms of money but smoothing the way in sometimes difficult matters.

• Like 2

This yellow book fad is getting a bit tedious! I can't personally see any point in getting one. Been here for last twenty years and never needed one.

Seems to me that those who get them think they have something special. Any expat living here can get one if they want to go to the trouble of doing so

• Like 1

I gave up on getting a Yellow Book for my condo for now. I think it would be useful for the purpose of avoiding the Residence Certificate scam.

Then again, once I got the Yellow Book some office or agency could demand a Residence Certificate for whatever reason

depending on their mood for the day and I would no choice but to comply anyway.

Edited by arunsakda

The yellow book will have your name, but written Thai. So make sure the pronounciation is right.

Also may I refer to one of my older posts.

You can apply for it at your local amphur by submitting:

-copy of.... and original passport

-translation of passport to thai (paid Baht 400 for mine)

-chanote and copy of it

-blue book and copy (should have come with the chanote)

-residency letter (immigr. or embassy)

-3 photographs

-And one wittness with ID and a copy of it (to state that you are residing at this address)

When you submit the documents, they will do a little interview and ask for your family background, etc.

Was pretty easy.

I got my yellow book from the amphur in the old city. The fee was 100 Baht and it took 7 days from application.

The process can vary depending on the amphur.

• Like 2

This yellow book fad is getting a bit tedious! I can't personally see any point in getting one. Been here for last twenty years and never needed one.

Seems to me that those who get them think they have something special. Any expat living here can get one if they want to go to the trouble of doing so

You don't need one, I don't need one....but when I want to buy or sell a car, get or renew a drivers license, or provide proof of residence at immigration, I don't have to get a certificate of residence at immigration. I didn't have to deal with the controversy when immigration stopped issuing CORs and told people to get them from their consulates, who didn't want to issue them either. It isn't about being special, it's about making life easier.

Correct. It makes things easier.

I gave up on getting a Yellow Book for my condo for now. I think it would be useful for the purpose of avoiding the Residence Certificate scam.

Then again, once I got the Yellow Book some office or agency could demand a Residence Certificate for whatever reason

depending on their mood for the day and I would no choice but to comply anyway.

This seems very unlikely.

Can a farang get a yellow book in more than one province if they own and use (ie, actually live) both condos?

I can't see why not. As long as your witnesses state that you are residing at both places

Can a farang get a yellow book in more than one province if they own and use (ie, actually live) both condos?

I can't see why not. As long as your witnesses state that you are residing at both places

No you can not. The address you use for reporting (immigration) is the address you must use in the book and this takes a CR from that immigration. Also be aware that the yellow house is tied to that address NOT the faring name in it and when you change residency YOU MUST go to your amphur office report the movie with the new address, you will be given a forum to turn in at your new amphur at which time a new yellow book will be issued to you. The old yellow book has to be returned to the original address.

• Like 1

You don't need one, I don't need one....but when I want to buy or sell a car, get or renew a drivers license, or provide proof of residence at immigration, I don't have to get a certificate of residence at immigration. I didn't have to deal with the controversy when immigration stopped issuing CORs and told people to get them from their consulates, who didn't want to issue them either. It isn't about being special, it's about making life easier.

Correct. It makes things easier.

As mentioned by other posters, it makes life easier. I had been here for over 25 years and never actually needed one, but decided to get one when I stopped renting and bought a house (in my son's name). Have used it several times already, and could not have applied for citizenship without one.

The yellow book will have your name, but written Thai. So make sure the pronounciation is right.

-chanote and copy of it

-3 photographs

-And one wittness with ID and a copy of it (to state that you are residing at this address)

When you submit the documents, they will do a little interview and ask for your family background, etc.

Was pretty easy.

I got my yellow book from the amphur in the old city. The fee was 100 Baht and it took 7 days from application.

Thanks for that info.. I have a work permit so most likely no need for a residency letter.

What size photos will i need?

Also will I need the registered land owner on the chanote to come with me? They will most likely need their ID details, house paper copy and signature etc.

Edited by kiwitezza

I have had a yellow book for quite a few years and have found it very useful in many instances eg buying car , motorcycle, getting licenses, dealing with immigration. and of coarse not having to get paper work from the embassy and paying a rediculous fee. I got my yellow book at the local khet (Ladprao), the officer was very helpful and wrote out my story and filled in all the paper work in Thai script(about 2 hours work) and then wouldn't take a tip, the application was free of charge and I was issued with the yellow book straight away. I ended up taking him and his friend for dinner to show my appreciation for his help, now I have a friend in the local khet who has now helped me a few times since. Well worth the time and small outlay for dinner.

-chanote and copy of it

-3 photographs

Was pretty easy.

Thanks for that info.. I have a work permit so most likely no need for a residency letter.

What size photos will i need?

Also will I need the registered land owner on the chanote to come with me? They will most likely need their ID details, house paper copy and signature etc.

No two amphoras have the same requirements you need to check yours.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Do any posters here have a yellow book for Nontaburi ,

Like one poster said local govt could be different ,would like to get a yellow book for me

Here is my info

Been living here in this house for 5 years but don't hold the papers for it .

I am on a O 1 year open visa and my kids go to school for 5 years in Nontaburi also.

My wife has a business / building in her name but not the same as my drivers license . My 5 year drivers license is on the house we now stay.

I do not work here because I travel for work out side thailand

Not sure if this helps but hope to hear from some one in Nontaburi.

Thanks in advance

Do any posters here have a yellow book for Nontaburi ,

Like one poster said local govt could be different ,would like to get a yellow book for me

Here is my info

Been living here in this house for 5 years but don't hold the papers for it .

I am on a O 1 year open visa and my kids go to school for 5 years in Nontaburi also.

My wife has a business / building in her name but not the same as my drivers license . My 5 year drivers license is on the house we now stay.

I do not work here because I travel for work out side thailand

Not sure if this helps but hope to hear from some one in Nontaburi.

Thanks in advance

I got one in San Sai and that is right next to Nontaburi, or is it? Nontaburi down near Bangkok?

you will need to get a Blue Book before you get a Yellow Book, even though you will not be on the BB. You will need a Thai helper/witness, but it is highly unlikely you can do it on your own.......consider an attorney for your helper and ask for flat-fee.

you will need to get a Blue Book before you get a Yellow Book, even though you will not be on the BB. You will need a Thai helper/witness, but it is highly unlikely you can do it on your own.......consider an attorney for your helper and ask for flat-fee.

Some more uneducated comments from someone who doesn't know what he's talking about.

I'm in the same situation as the OP, and the application for my yellow book took all but 30 minutes, there is no name at all in my blue book. Not even a Thai name.

You don't need a helper nor a lawyer to get your yellow book. In every Amphur there will be someone who can speak/understand enough English to get you served.

Yellow book is free of charge by the way.

Edited by Anthony5

but you admit you had the BB; the OP is in a new home.....

The blue book is automatically issued to the license holder of the building, usually when the building is almost completed. by the issuer of the license which is the local Tessabaan/orbotor.