Australian man murdered execution style in Bali

webfact

Charming. For those that have lived in the region, is Thailand and safer / more dangerous than Indonesia, Vietnam etc?

I have lived in Indo for some time, and Thailand. I am familiar with both. There are rarely physical attacks on Bule (farang) that i know of, excepting of course terrorism attacks. If I had to say I would state per westerner present, Thailand is safer. Others may have a different take.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_intentional_homicide_rate

Murder by numbers

Looking at these numbers, Thailand and USA are similar ranked, 5 killings per 100.000 inhabitants.,

Vietnam a little better, 3+

and Indonesia, much better , same middle European countries, less than <1 killing p. 100.000 inhabitants.. whistling.gif

Hard to argue with facts. Thanks.

• Like 1

His wife Id him as Australian b/c he probably told her he lived for a long time in Australia...

Start to question their relationship and how well did they really know each other? Sadly, did she even know what his profession was?

What's her age?

CB

Edited by cardinalblue

Anyway the mrs has owned up to having him knocked off.

She was sick of his drinking and womanising.

Why not just divorce him instead of having the poor blokes throat slit and left in a paddock?

If you read the link to the Sydney morning Herald in Post number 35 you will see that all his assets were in her name because of Indonesian law. Sound familiar? But the fact that she had such power in that she was holding all the assets makes your question regarding why she just didn't divorce him even more relevant.

from the Sydney morning Herald article

Privately he said he was desperately trying to get Indonesian citizenship, because absolutely everything, all the businesses, were in Noor's name, 'And if it all goes to shit, well, I'm moving quite quickly'," Mr Ellis had told his friend.

In Indonesia, non-citizens cannot own property or businesses, and must have a native-born nominee. Noor was Mr Ellis' nominee.

I just hope the poor guy had previous warnings from her and that she didn't organise this totally out of the blue.

If you read the link to the Sydney morning Herald in Post number 35 you will see that all his assets were in her name because of Indonesian law. Sound familiar? But the fact that she had such power in that she was holding all the assets makes your question regarding why she just didn't divorce him even more relevant.

Maybe she didn't want to lose 50% of any assets (everything?) gained during the marriage?

If indo law is the same as Thai law in that regards.