Phuket: Police hunt triple killer

webfact

PHUKET: Police hunt triple killer
Eakkapop Thongtub

1413891279_1-org.jpg
Police are searching for Pomchai Pitak, 25, after he brutally killed his wife and in-laws yesterday afternoon (October 20).

PHUKET: -- Police are searching for a man who brutally murdered his wife and in-laws in Phang Nga yesterday afternoon (October 20).

At 2:00pm Kuraburi police and Chaiyapat rescuers were called to the scene to investigate the murder in Baan Chokamnoy.

Police found the bodies of the three victims, Piyawan Jankaewkerd, 29, with a bullet wound above her left eye; her mother Prakob Jankaewkerd, 52; and her father, Wad Jankaewkerd, 59, with bullet wounds on his neck and chest.

All victims were shot with an unidentified pistol.

After questioning relatives, police learned that the suspect, Pomchai Pitak, 25, had recently separated from him wife and they had a one year-old child together.

Earlier that day, Pomachai had attempted to work things out with his wife but her parents denied him entry into their house. He later went back and fought with Ms Pyawan, which escalated to the brutal shooting spree.

According to relatives Pomachai had a very bad temper and him and his wife fought a lot. He was asked to move out by his in-laws.

Police found Pomachai’s truck parked at a local resort about seven kilometres away from the scene of the murder. Pomachai, however, was nowhere to be found.

Source: http://www.thephuketnews.com/police-hunt-triple-killer-49268.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2014-10-22

You never see these crimes in singapore or Malaysia, because they have full gun control. It would be in Thailand and the juntas interst to copy these laws and ban handgun ownership among civilians.

Malaysia: Rule of law

Thailand: Rule of money

• Like 1

Last time I look the US has a population nearly 6 times that of Thailand and yet Thailand has a violent gun crime rate 6.5 times that of the US. How many times have we read that a police officer shot a friend after getting into a heated argument? It's Thai culture to kill in order to save face and gain more money.

So glad I don't live there any more.

America has a huge problem with guns in crimes but if that stat is correct (6.5X higher in LOS) - it does not bode well for amazing thailand...

So I guess it is true then that every other pick-up in Thailand the driver is armed...I'll stopped flipping drivers off here...

CB