Need help Thai Tourist Visa Norwegian

Hello im planning on staying 7 months in Thailand but with the new Visa rules i have no idea how i can make that happend?
I just got back from the Thai embassy here in Norway and they told me i need a return ticket to give me Tourist visa. Before i have never needed to show them a return ticket, as i usually just buy a ticket over to cambodia when my stamp expires... Please help..

Ok so if i book a ticket back to norway after 60 days stay in Thailand then just cancel it after i get my tourist visa... how will i then go on about making my stay for 7 months... is it still possible to go get another tourist visa in cambodia or laos after my first tourist visa is done, is it still possible to extend the tourist visa with 30 days after the first 60 days... ?

Ok so if i book a ticket back to norway after 60 days stay in Thailand then just cancel it after i get my tourist visa... how will i then go on about making my stay for 7 months... is it still possible to go get another tourist visa in cambodia or laos after my first tourist visa is done, is it still possible to extend the tourist visa with 30 days after the first 60 days... ?

Answered in post #2 or you can read the visa trip reports pinned on top of this forum.

Did you apply for a double entry? 60+30 and 60+30? And yes you need a ticket out of Thailand, not necessarily a return ticket to Norge wink.png even a cheap bus ticket will do. As for the last month you can take a weekend in one of the neighbor countries by air, and when you return by air you will get a 30 day visa exemption stamp.

You can also try to use the consul Solveig http://www.thaikonsulat.no/

Helsinki embassy issues only single entry visas and requires return ticket back to Finland. Onward ticket from Thailand to some other country than Finland will not do. It's been like this for a couple of years as far as I know (I've tried it and failed). Hopefully other Scandinavian embassies are not following Helsinki's lead.