Single entry non-immigration (child) in Savannakhet?

What papers do i need to take with me to Savannakhet when i go there to apply for a single entry non-immigration visa to visit my child that is in Thailand?

I have the original birth certificate that the thai embassy in my country did for my son (as he was born there). It has my name on it as father and when my son was born i was still married in my country to my now ex-wife which means under my countries law he is my legitimate son. So he should be viewed as my "legitimate" child in Thailand as well right? We (my ex-wife, me and three witnesses) will register him at amphur on friday (as tomorrow it's closed) and that way get his name in tabien-baan as well.

Also:

Am i correct in thinking that i get 90 days (if i get the visa) when i enter Thailand via land route to Mukdahan and then i can further extend the stay for 60 days at the local immigration office?

How much does the single entry non-immigration visa cost at Savannakhet?

Am i able to get residence certificate from local immigration office so i can get thai drivers license with this kind of visa (as they have refused to give me one with tourist visa)?

You're Ok with just the marriage certificate, but you will also need mother ID, house register copies. Alos bring you son house register copy.

Visa is 2,000 Bath and can be extended 60 days with pretty much the same documents.

Some DLT offices makes their own rules so you never know with them.

I think somebody missed that the OP is divorced from his child's mother.

You will need your child's birth certificate and a copy of their house boo to get a single entry non-o visa. The fee is 2000 baht.

The same documents will be needed for the 60 day extension that cost 1900 baht.

Divorced now, but as the OP pointed out they were married at the time the child was born, making him the legal father.

I see no harm in carrying the marriage certificate, to exhibit only if asked, with the related divorce papers.

Just a quick query rather than start a new thread, the OP mentions extending the visa for 60 days, how is this possible? i was issued a non immigrant 'o' visa but this expires on the 4th, due to purchasing a house i used the money in our thai bank account meaning we havent had 400k bht in the account for 2 months +

i believe the account shows more than 40k coming in per month from my uk account...

i would rather just extend this for 60 days as we are going to the uk early december but was under the impression i need to fly to Laos and get a new non immigrant O visa again, at the moment i would rather not go as we are having work done etc and i would prefer to be at home,

if anyone can point me in the correct direction rather than flying to Laos it would be greatly appreciated.

Just a quick query rather than start a new thread, the OP mentions extending the visa for 60 days, how is this possible? i was issued a non immigrant 'o' visa but this expires on the 4th, due to purchasing a house i used the money in our thai bank account meaning we havent had 400k bht in the account for 2 months +

i believe the account shows more than 40k coming in per month from my uk account...

i would rather just extend this for 60 days as we are going to the uk early december but was under the impression i need to fly to Laos and get a new non immigrant O visa again, at the moment i would rather not go as we are having work done etc and i would prefer to be at home,

if anyone can point me in the correct direction rather than flying to Laos it would be greatly appreciated.

As answered above, apply to local immigration with the documents listed above, wife should be present, fee 1,900 Bt.

As answered above, apply to local immigration with the documents listed above, wife should be present, fee 1,900 Bt.

Thanks for the reply, as i am sure you can understand i just wanted to be sure as booking flights now will be cheaper etc,

Also I couldn't find anything on the internet about extending like this or on these forums but that might just be me,

So (again sorry for acting thick) if i go to Ayutthaya Immigration 134 Au-Tong Road. Horattanatri District Muang Ayutthaya Province 13000 (i live near Future Park)

With:

Marriage Certificate

Child Birth Cert

Tabien Ban

Wife & Child in person

I will be able to extend my non immigrant single entry O visa for 2 months for 1,900 bht

if so this is excellent news... can this only be done once?

Thank you all for the replies but i have one more question:

Does my ex-wife or son have to go to Savannakhet with me? We are actually still good friends but that doesnt mean i want to spend the entire day with her :)