Koh Tao: Prosecutors unfazed by retraction of confession in British tourists' killing

webfact

• Replies 616
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Mr. Thawatchai said that Thai police will be able to answer every doubt raised but no outside authorities can send their people to work on this case as Thai laws do not permit such a scenario.

Please help me understand this properly.

So the British police are coming here in Thailand to have a chat and a cup of tea with the Thai police?

Will not be allowed to get DNA samples?

Am I reading this right?

If the thai police do not cooperate, as we all suspect, that will be the main conclusion in the British police report.

So the upshot will be another nail in the coffin for the reputation of Thailand. I know many posters like to claim Thailand is such a strong and successful country that it doesn't matter what anyone thinks of them. You are welcome to your opinions, everyone has opinions, just like everyone has certain bodily orifices. I have an opinion too, which is that reputation always matters and that Thailand needs the world a lot more than the world needs Thailand and the country will certainly pay a price for being considered backward, corrupt, disrespectful, dishonest, not deserving of trust and respect and not welcome within the circle of countries thought to be civilised and developed.

There are of course many countries that behave in a unacceptable manner. I am sure North Korea also thinks they are better than the rest of the world. The price they pay is misery. I am sure Putin thinks he is the master of the universe and Russia will be the number one world power....but just look at the Ruble and the plunging price of oil...both signs that his strategy of sending his Neanderthal thugs in to terrorize his neighbors is backfiring pretty badly. If Thailand wants to join the league of failed and disrespected nations then they will also pay a price.

Your secret plan for the foreign police to accumulate more DNA off the body is........................? Also you are probably new to Thailand and have absolutely not a single clue as to how difficult it is for them to translate Thai into English and maintain a neutral attitude to it.

The big question in my mind is why are most of the people so afraid to let it go to court? They have no proof either way other than what they have read in news papers that only print stuff that they will buy. To me that is a vicious circle. Like chasing their tail.

• Like 1

"When asked about international concerns over the investigation, Mr. Thawatchai said that Thai police will be able to answer every doubt raised but no outside authorities can send their people to work on this case as Thai laws do not permit such a scenario."

The answers the BIB give to every doubt is the cause of international concern.

As to what Thai laws allow, you might want to check with the PM about that, as Burmese and UK police are coming over/already here to look at the case.

To observe as stated in the article. They are not here to investigate.

They will be investigating whether the RTP like it or not.

• Like 1

"When asked about international concerns over the investigation, Mr. Thawatchai said that Thai police will be able to answer every doubt raised but no outside authorities can send their people to work on this case as Thai laws do not permit such a scenario."

As to what Thai laws allow, you might want to check with the PM about that, as Burmese and UK police are coming over/already here to look at the case.

check out JLCrab's posts on what they can actually do. (from UK government websites)

Please stop, you are clueless about such things. Please do a little research.

• Like 1

Mr. Thawatchai said that Thai police will be able to answer every doubt raised but no outside authorities can send their people to work on this case as Thai laws do not permit such a scenario.

So the British police are coming here in Thailand to have a chat and a cup of tea with the Thai police?

Am I reading this right?

If the thai police do not cooperate, as we all suspect, that will be the main conclusion in the British police report.

So the upshot will be another nail in the coffin for the reputation of Thailand. I know many posters like to claim Thailand is such a strong and successful country that it doesn't matter what anyone thinks of them. You are welcome to your opinions, everyone has opinions, just like everyone has certain bodily orifices. I have an opinion too, which is that reputation always matters and that Thailand needs the world a lot more than the world needs Thailand and the country will certainly pay a price for being considered backward, corrupt, disrespectful, dishonest, not deserving of trust and respect and not welcome within the circle of countries thought to be civilised and developed.

There are of course many countries that behave in a unacceptable manner. I am sure North Korea also thinks they are better than the rest of the world. The price they pay is misery. I am sure Putin thinks he is the master of the universe and Russia will be the number one world power....but just look at the Ruble and the plunging price of oil...both signs that his strategy of sending his Neanderthal thugs in to terrorize his neighbors is backfiring pretty badly. If Thailand wants to join the league of failed and disrespected nations then they will also pay a price.

Your secret plan for the foreign police to accumulate more DNA off the body is........................? Also you are probably new to Thailand and have absolutely not a single clue as to how difficult it is for them to translate Thai into English and maintain a neutral attitude to it.

The big question in my mind is why are most of the people so afraid to let it go to court? They have no proof either way other than what they have read in news papers that only print stuff that they will buy. To me that is a vicious circle. Like chasing their tail.

I have never bought a Newspaper in Thailand. I and I'm sure many others have formed our opinions from the headlines of this forum.

• Like 1

DNA, confessions, CCTV, phone, etc.

However I am not certain of guilt. That is what a trial is for.

DNA A police story. confessions ? CCTV of some guys that looked Asian. phone (his, hers or whatever fits) etc, that will be the blond hair, the hoe, the CCTV of the guy who looked far more like someone else who might have been involved than the CCTV you are relying on, the wine bottle. The etc's go on and on.

However you are far more certain of guilt than the rest of us.

bertty - actually I hope you post more as it may enlighten others just how much they need to close their eyes to reality to continue with the conviction there has to be a conspiracy of dozens of people ... in order to protect a semi wealthy islander son. Those who don't see it never will regardless of the evidence that comes out or how it is confirmed.

Edited by JohnThailandJohn

I think it would be very easy for the BiB to pull the wool over the Brit police eyes. The land of smiles and it takes a while before you see behind that smile .....

But not Facebook or Thaivisa posters who have no access to see any evidence in context at this point cheesy.gifcrazy.gif

• Like 1

Am I reading this right?

The British police will send fluent Thai and Burmese speakers. Not everyone is like you - been in Thailand for a few years but can't speak a word of Thai.

• Like 2

I have done some research.

DNA A police story. confessions ? CCTV of some guys that looked Asian. phone (his, hers or whatever fits) etc, that will be the blond hair, the hoe, the CCTV of the guy who looked far more like someone else who might have been involved than the CCTV you are relying on, the wine bottle. The etc's go on and on.

berrry - actually I hope you post more as it may enlighten others just how much they need to close their eyes to reality to continue with the conviction there has to be a conspiracy of dozens of people ... in order to protect a semi wealthy islander son. Those who don't see it never will regardless of the evidence that comes out or how it is confirmed.

June, we all have our eyes wide open

P.s. how funny to spell someone nick name wrong. That's berrry and betty, you boys have such a great sense of humour.

Am I reading this right?

"Your secret plan for the foreign police to accumulate more DNA off the body is........................?"

I haven't got any secret plan, and I believe that the British police have already got DNA from the victims.

But they still don't have any DNA from the so called killers.

Will they be allowed to obtain DNA from the Burmese?

And yes.....I'm new here.......only 7 years living in Thailand.

• Like 1

Am I reading this right?

"Your secret plan for the foreign police to accumulate more DNA off the body is........................?"

I haven't got any secret plan, and I believe that the British police have already got DNA from the victims.

But they still don't have any DNA from the so called killers.

Will they be allowed to obtain DNA from the Burmese?

And yes.....I'm new here.......only 7 years living in Thailand.

Maybe the police planted the DNA they wanted on the victims before shipping them back home (of course assuming they didn't prepare the bodies including embalming them before shipping back as is required by airlines).

There is no way that any proof will not be discounted and ignored by those who simply want to defend these two rather than see the case be judged in a trial and by their lawyers who will have ALL the evidence to examine and challenge.

I have done some research.

So you are aware of the convention on consular relationship? Also that the UK states they cannot conduct investigations on foreign sovereign soil?

berrry - actually I hope you post more as it may enlighten others just how much they need to close their eyes to reality to continue with the conviction there has to be a conspiracy of dozens of people ... in order to protect a semi wealthy islander son. Those who don't see it never will regardless of the evidence that comes out or how it is confirmed.

June, we all have our eyes wide open

P.s. how funny to spell someone nick name wrong. That's berrry and betty, you boys have such a great sense of humour.

Pardon, auto-fill error on my phone.

DNA=Agreed!!

Confessions=They don't read or speak Thai and their interpretor is a roti seller ( Unbelievable that a roti seller is doing this job in such a high profile case).

CCTV= Three guys on a bike(proves nothing!) What happened to the first CCTV running man suspect? Much taller and slender than these boys.

Phone= Found behind his dwellings. Worth about 3 months salary but decided to leave incriminating evidence so close to home.

Etc= ??

I do find it interesting that there is a photo of the boys standing in line for the first wave of DNA checks at the beginning of the case and no matches. Then we had a week or two of pissing around, searching for missing guys hiding in caves and the Nomsod saga then they get some CCTV footage and hey presto DNA match!

All hopes are that the Brits got their own DNA samples and this would put the lives of two Burmese out of danger if they are really innocent, but it's as far as this case will go. The real killers will never be catched.

"if they are really innocent " followed by"the real killers..."????
Have their guilt or innocence been proven yet? However the "real killers will never be catched" is my opinion.

All hopes are that the Brits got their own DNA samples and this would put the lives of two Burmese out of danger if they are really innocent, but it's as far as this case will go. The real killers will never be catched.

"if they are really innocent " followed by"the real killers..."????
Have their guilt or innocence been proven yet? However the "real killers will never be catched" is my opinion.

The 2 statements contradict each other. :)

• Like 1

DNA=Agreed!!

Confessions=They don't read or speak Thai and their interpretor is a roti seller ( Unbelievable that a roti seller is doing this job in such a high profile case).

CCTV= Three guys on a bike(proves nothing!) What happened to the first CCTV running man suspect? Much taller and slender than these boys.

Phone= Found behind his dwellings. Worth about 3 months salary but decided to leave incriminating evidence so close to home.

Etc= ??

I do find it interesting that there is a photo of the boys standing in line for the first wave of DNA checks at the beginning of the case and no matches. Then we had a week or two of pissing around, searching for missing guys hiding in caves and the Nomsod saga then they get some CCTV footage and hey presto DNA match!

They have identified the guys on the bike as them.

If you read about the Phone, you would know they couldn't get his UK Phone unlocked and they gave it to a friend to destroy.

Also explained is that they took hundreds of DNA samples and they didn't have the manpower to check them all as there was a big back up but were putting those near the top of the people they suspected most (questioning).

They were looking for these guys from the get go to question as it was reported early on they were looking for those playing guitar and singing in a foreign tongue near the crime scene.

Probably tons of people in the hours of video around the time of the crime which the police only showed a small clip of as they tried to identify those who they couldn't and who they wanted to question for reasons they maybe have not shared like many many many things they have not shared but will in court.

If we close your eyes hard enough, then yea it seems like a set-up to protect the son of a well off islander who went on a murdering raping rampage and ejaculated with two separate semen DNA.