Koh Tao: Prosecutors unfazed by retraction of confession in British tourists' killing

webfact

Of course they are 'unfazed'; to not be would invite loss of face. I'll say this again for the cheap seats, EVERYONE knows who did it and it is NOT two little Burmese lads who were merrily sitting nearby!!!

To tourists out there looking for info on Thailand, ponder this; the police do not care about you. Get into difficulty and you are on your own. Be in the wrong place at the wrong time and you could be fitted up. Try Vietnam.

I don't know. Please tell me.

• Replies 616
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If you look at JD's topics on his profile it may give you a clue. He married a thai man in Canada a few years back & that man is obviously a very strong yellow shirt supporter, probably with friends who are involved in this case in some way.

This is who he is desperately & futilely trying to defend & protect. The rest of us are here to try to prevent the murder of 2 innocent Burmese lads. I question what he along with JTJ & balo amongst others are here to prevent.

I'm in no way homophobic but this country doesn't just attract more than it's fair share of deviants but actually encourages it in the name of the almighty baht & develops deviance in society. Not just the families who send their daughters whoring or turn their male offspring into ladyboys at the age of 10 based on some loose sudo-buddhist excuses & then feed them hormone tablets for years until they can work their surgically enhanced asses in the bars & send the family money while they sit on their evil lazy asses.

More than that... I've traveled well & have never heard of or come across a country with such a high percentage of gays, tomboys & ladyboys. Again, I have no homophobic attitudes but when a country begins to develop a society in which deviance is the norm rather than the exception then you have to question the cause.

We as farangs have become their social security system. We pay their taxes where they do not, we take care of thai men's offspring when they will not. The government always looks to us to support their failing economy rather than looking towards their own people.

Thailand in some way encourages sexual deviance more than any other country in the world & on a national level.

The sheer lack of morality here whilst pretending to be a loving, caring society staggers me. I just don't have the words, or no polite words anyway.

Another stupid post from you.

I did not marry a Thai man a few years back in Canada.

My husband is completely apolitical.

The rest of your rant shows your homophobia in spite of your claims to the contrary.

Your strange claim that Thailand encourages sexual deviance clearly shows your bigotry. That you link it to morality in your conclusion calls your claim of being here at all into question.

Don't get upset sweetie.

My mistake, you got married to a thai man in Maine US.

really. I thought jd WAS a man.

Clueless bigots resorting to gay baiting don't upset me. It just shows people where you are coming from. So desperately seeking attention that you make it about anything other than the 2 Burmese men in jail for raping and killing the UK woman and brutally killing the man.

Shouldn't that be currently being held in goal on suspicion of allegedly raping and killing, no verdict from any trial as yet.

Apparently he knows everything, and he must have credible sources.... just ask him, he will confirm.

• Like 1

jdinasia, on 25 Oct 2014 - 02:45, said:

Congrats!!

Your "sure" feeling regarding how I don't like the British very much calls everything else you feel into disrepute as well. Can't trust your judgement /feelings about undercurrents or anything else...

Sure? It was purely a turn of phrase on my part.

Your spelling and the use of certain "Americanisms" in your written English would indicate your nationality, but perhaps you are Canadian (perhaps you are from Quebec, they don't like the British) as another poster implied. The important thing here is that I'm very sure of my judgement/feelings and I trust them implicitly. I couldn't care less whether you trust them or not.

• Like 1

I am impressed by her stamina tho.

Some deep issues she's defending, I'd love to know what they are.

Typical woman... Can't keep her mouth shut laugh.png

I don't agree with all of jdinasia's comments, very little actually but your comment is a bit below the belt and very sexist.

jdinasia, on 25 Oct 2014 - 02:45, said:

Congrats!!

Your "sure" feeling regarding how I don't like the British very much calls everything else you feel into disrepute as well. Can't trust your judgement /feelings about undercurrents or anything else...

Sure? It was purely a turn of phrase on my part.

Your spelling and the use of certain "Americanisms" in your written English would indicate your nationality, but perhaps you are Canadian (perhaps you are from Quebec, they don't like the British) as another poster implied. The important thing here is that I'm very sure of my judgement/feelings and I trust them implicitly. I couldn't care less whether you trust them or not.

LOL..

Why did you focus on nationality and avoid your bizarre claim that I don't like the British? Oh.. Because not only is it a stupid claim, it calls the rest of your feelings into question.

Clueless bigots resorting to gay baiting don't upset me. It just shows people where you are coming from. So desperately seeking attention that you make it about anything other than the 2 Burmese men in jail for raping and killing the UK woman and brutally killing the man.

So they have now been charged. How long did they get ?

One thing I pray for is if/when they are cleared they get their lawyers to come have a look to on this site. Then sue the ass off those that have tried to pour shit on them.

• Like 1

I am impressed by her stamina tho.

Some deep issues she's defending, I'd love to know what they are.

Typical woman... Can't keep her mouth shut laugh.png

I don't agree with all of jdinasia's comments, very little actually but your comment is a bit below the belt and very sexist.

Well yes, if taken literally it's sexist.

If taken as it was meant... between men... as a joke.. it's fine.

So long as you're happy guess it's ok then.

One thing I pray for is if/when they are cleared they get their lawyers to come have a look to on this site. Then sue the ass off those that have tried to pour shit on them.

In jail.. Where they are being held. Prison is the next likely destination

Of course there will not be any investigating allowed. What I read of that is the young kid Nomsod and co will never have to answer any questions ever. His alibis will never be looked into. As long as the 2 Burmese kids are released I'm OK with that now. Not much point fighting a losing argument. Just free the kids and let's all move on. Justice is never going to be served here. Its shameful, disgraceful corruption at its best. Our anger now needs to be pointed in other directions. If it is so that they rely on OUR tourist dollar so much simply stop giving it to them. At the very least avoid the islands that is absolutely one very messed up area of Thailand. You will never ever beat the judicial system that is Thailand. Kirsty Jones are her people couldn't and it won't be beaten in this case. Just educate yourselves on what these people are like and what they are capable of and arm yourself accordingly and pray you never get into a serious situation with the police n Thailand.

As everyone here you have no certainty. You are not privy to know the validity of the evidence provided by the police. You are a mere observer, like me, like all here.
Yet you call the accused "those poor children."
You carry serious charges on someone without any evidence. It is true that the attitude of the wealthy son of the chief was perfectly odious, but that is not enough for accused of the murders.
Finally, you call the boycott of the island retaliatory measure. You should know that a break in the tourism afflut would be the best for Thailand by allowing it to adapt its structures the dizzying growth of its visitors. In addition, your call is unlikely to be heard as your concerns vengeful interest only your microcosm.
Edited by Hisseho

What part of that answers 'how long did they get' ?

jdinasia - Re : Post #506

Do you have any comment on my post about the crime scene being 'corrupted' by the presence of non-police immediately after the discovery of the bodies, or do you think this minor detail might be 'overlooked' by the prosecutors?

• Like 2

Nah...

So, does that mean charged, prosecuted, trialled and already found guilty. However, you did say in an earlier posting you want to see them in court but it now seems you have already found then guilty, alhough I'm not sure if they have been officially charged as yet or still being held on suspicion.

• Like 2

jdinasia - Re : Post #506

Do you have any comment on my post about the crime scene being 'corrupted' by the presence of non-police immediately after the discovery of the bodies, or do you think this minor detail might be 'overlooked' by the prosecutors?

That is for the defence to argue.

What part of that answers 'how long did they get' ?
12 days

Prison is where they will go if they are convicted. Jail is where they are being held pending trial for rape and multiple murder

Edited by PoorSucker
quote with removed posts removed

Jadeinasia still awaiting your answer to my question.

Have you seen the photos of David's injuries and what do you think caused these injuries.

Simple questions.

I am not a forensic pathologist, my opinion is irrelevant.

Really? Your numerous posts on this subject seem to argue that your opinion is irrelevant.

Ok, we cant have a debate if you fail to have an opinion! I wont bother asking or replying to any of your further posts on this subject as you seem hell bent on not giving me a straight answer.

Im not a Brewmaster but I know what a good beer tastes like!giggle.gif

Have you seen the photos of David's injuries and what do you think caused these injuries.

Simple questions.

Really? Your numerous posts on this subject seem to argue that your opinion is irrelevant.

Ok, we cant have a debate if you fail to have an opinion! I wont bother asking or replying to any of your further posts on this subject as you seem hell bent on not giving me a straight answer.

There is no rational debate on a topic where all you have is ill informed speculation.

Simple questions.

There is no rational debate on a topic where all you have is ill informed speculation.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe unlike me, you have friends on KT and you go diving there. I can claim no allegiance to KT only to the cause of truth and justice, as this was a feature of my up-bringing and employment. I have no connection with the KT murders other than the fact that I am a British citizen. I have never been accused of homophobia/racism/Thai bashing on this or any other forum, because I stand 'on the fence', observe, digest and then make up my own mind about the 'rights or wrongs' on any issue. Bearing in mind your 'connections' in KT can you truthfully say that you are giving an unbiased opinion on the guilt/innocence of the 2 accused, or are you being fed and then voicing the opinion of a third party who maybe a friend, but who also has business interests to protect?
  • Like 1

Prison is where they will go if they are convicted. Jail is where they are being held pending trial for rape and multiple murder

Prison / jail differentiation is only in USA & possibly Canada, in the rest of the world where real English is spoken it is interchangeable.
  • Like 1

Prison / jail differentiation is only in USA & possibly Canada, in the rest of the world where real English is spoken it is interchangeable.
There are 530+ replies to the OP. Is it possible to leave out the bickering/semantics and concentrate on the more important issues to hand????????

Simple questions.

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif ill informed speculation. Are you saying actual crime photos that were shown in Thailand on multiple media outlets are all fake? Thank you and good night!!

• Like 1

This can only be true if you consider Thai news agencies to be untrustworthy...

Some members - myself included - avoid any conspiracy, rather looking to official news sources for unbiased, accurate reporting. What you in effect are saying is that these sources cannot be trusted, and that is indeed a sad endorsement of your society. Note I said 'your', not 'their' society, as I am assuming you have Thai citizenship and can speak the language fluently. I think you are an intelligent person, playing at devil's advocate.

I also surmise that you are more part of the 'elites' than the common ordinary Thai populace, which would explain your unwillingness to enter into any meaningful debate as by telling the truth you could be construed as siding with the enemy. The enemy being anyone outside the 'circle', entrance to which is easy enough, when excessive wealth (gained by any means) guarantees your membership. To remain inside you must merely conform and ignore any criticisms - denial and avoidance the most useful tools. Never accept responsibility.

Logic is a bitch, though. It is telling me that as a gay man, married to a Thai national you have no rights here, your marriage is not even recognized. I have known a few gay people, both here and outside this country, and every single one of them have expressed the same anger and scorn for this male dominated society which discriminates in so many ways - but mostly against gay people.

For a gay man to show such unshakeable faith and trust in this government and police force (in the face of such incredible disbelief from the nation itself) - is unbelievable.

Thus I consider you to be a troll, but I cannot decide why - either you have nefarious intent, or you are merely amusing yourself - a fencer who prefers to parry until his opponent gives in, rather than commit to attack. Either way you are insulting many here who are possibly as intelligent as you, and many of whom do believe that there is fire where there is smoke. Let us hope the fire does not get out of control, as it has been left unattended for too long now.

One final thing - I grew up in Apartheid South Africa, where by great fortune of having a white skin, I was part of the 'elites'. There are many parallels between Thailand 2014 and South Africa 1984: back then the SA president told the entire world to get stuffed - the rest is history. Discrimination, no matter what shape or form, is the worst disease inflicted upon the human race. It confuses me that you seem to have no problem with it.

You start off base and then entirely leave the ballpark.

Mooner was pestering me to speculate as to what caused the wounds on the victims. So your first position was in left field. Unless of course, there are actual forensic pathologist reports from people that have actually seen the bodies (or the autopsy photos) that I am unaware of .

Your next jump is into a pool with the straw man argument of "what you in effect are saying is "...

You move from the shallow water into the deep quickly with the continued incorrect assumptions such as I am Thai.

Logic is a bitch.

You state I am Thai then later state I have no rights in Thailand. If your assumptions were accurate in either case we could discuss them in a thread about nationality or rights of gay Thai people.

Where do you go from there? Obviously the next logical leap is how me being gay makes my position regarding wanting a trial in court (not a trial by social media) less credible? You swim out of the pool and into the ocean after that with the -I have gay acquaintances- defense.

Then finally you go to being white in SA....

Amazing!

Edit -- "elite" in Thailand obviously means something different to you than to others. Again you missed it when you guessed about how that word applies to either me or my Thai family. In fact many of the elite here quite despise the RTP. I, myself, am not fond of many of them.

Edited by jdinasia