Central Pattaya Tunnel Postponed Until 2015

Rimmer

Central Pattaya Tunnel Postponed Until 2015

22141.jpg
Pattaya tunnel construction is going to be postponed until after the new year’s celebration to reduce traffic congestion during the holiday period.

PATTAYA – October 21, 2014 [Pattaya Daily News]; at Pattaya City Hall, Chonburi province, Mr. Sakchai Taenghor (Banglamung sheriff) chaired the meeting about the proposed construction of a tunnel under the road at an intersection of Sukhumvit-Central Pattaya road. There were heads of government sectors, representatives of Chonburi Provincial Police Station, Pattaya City Council Members, consultant company contractors and related officers attending the meeting.

The construction will start on the Sukhumvit road at in front of Redemptorist Center Pattaya in the area of the entrance to Siam Country Club golf course through central Pattaya intersection and will end at Soi Boonsamphan intersection. The project will start November 15, 2014 and will be finished in February, 2017 with budget of 850 million THB approximately.

Mr. Pakorn Sukhonthachart (Deputy District Chief of Pattaya city) said that initially he has been informed that during the construction 1 traffic lane beside the traffic island will be closed in order to demolish all public utilities in that area

Full story:http://www.pattayadailynews.com/pattaya-news/central-pattaya-tunnel-postponed-2015/

pdnews.jpg
-- Pattaya Daily News 2014-10-23

• 4 weeks later...

At least they have started to repair the 3 driving lanes on the South bound part of Sukhumvith that were unusable ever since they laid the drains under them.

Well, actually they have decided to repair only 2 of the 3 lanes for some reason, so the middle lane will still be unusable.

And even more actual they started the job, scraped off the surface and then stopped the works for the past 7 days. I guess they are waiting for the end year holidays to continue the job, as that will have the most negative effect on the traffic flow.

Rimmer do you have more details please? Is it starting from the Catholic Church near SSCC Golf Course all they way to where exactly because I have read conflicting reports. THX.

Sorry no, only what comes up in the local press occasionally

This is the info I have for the tunnel and new roads. Land has already been cleared for the Mabprachan Highway which will run past the dam wall of the lake and I believe it's destination is U-Tapao Airport.

post-202194-0-56609300-1416523263_thumb.