Nissan may build electric vehicles in Thailand--in another decade

webfact

Nissan may build electric vehicles in Thailand--in another decade
By Digital Content

14140403669158-640x390x1.jpg

BANGKOK, Oct 23 -- Nissan President Hiroyuki Yoshimoto met Thai Industry Minister Chakramon Phasukavanich and discussed possible electric vehicle (EV) production in Thailand. The Nissan executive said the firm is Japan's biggest EV maker.

The Nissan president acknowledged Thailand incentives for automotive production investment but said Nissan will wait until EV batteries are more efficient and affordable before considering EV production here. Mr Yoshimoto predicts it can happen in another decade.

EVs ares sold for about Bt1 million in Japan and its battery accounts for half the price.

Nissan considers Thailand as its important automotive base. Thailand is its first overseas production base and its production here has continued for 60 years.

With confidence, Nissan is expanding its eco-car production in Thailand.

Mr Chakramon said automotive sales in Thailand should rise next year as the Thai economy is likely to grow by 3.5-4 per cent due to the expected global economic recovery as well as drought that will raise the prices of Thai farm products. (MCOT online news)

tnalogo.jpg
-- TNA 2014-10-23

It may happen in another decade. blink.png

Honestly, is Thailand THIS desperate for positive news?

In another decade, Thailand will probably be a failed state with most foreign factories having moved to neighboring countries.

• Like 1

It may happen in another decade. blink.png

Honestly, is Thailand THIS desperate for positive news?

In another decade, Thailand will probably be a failed state with most foreign factories having moved to neighboring countries.

Nah Thailand will be a Chinese state...

• Like 1

the autos ten years from now will be built where cheap skilled labor is found.south america countries & latin america countries will have the edge.their education while it is not a high standard stresses mechanical skills.the young are taught to compete and they are some hardest working people i have ever seen.

Why is Thailand so far behind the curve when it comes to electric, hybrid, or other forms of alternative energy? Why are the hybrid cars so expensive here? Are they made overseas? Is the Prius made in Thailand? A barely used Prius in the states costs $15,000. For $10,000 you can get a really good one, with low miles, that is only a few years old. I looked at one the other day, and it was 1,320,000 baht after discounts. And the dealer could not even tell me what year it was. He said he thought it is 2012, or 2013. Why don't you have 2014 available? Not sure. Will you be getting them? Yes, maybe in a year or two.

Why is Thailand so far behind the curve when it comes to electric, hybrid, or other forms of alternative energy? Why are the hybrid cars so expensive here? Are they made overseas? Is the Prius made in Thailand? A barely used Prius in the states costs $15,000. For $10,000 you can get a really good one, with low miles, that is only a few years old. I looked at one the other day, and it was 1,320,000 baht after discounts. And the dealer could not even tell me what year it was. He said he thought it is 2012, or 2013. Why don't you have 2014 available? Not sure. Will you be getting them? Yes, maybe in a year or two.

Yup. What I could never understand was why Thailand didn't massively reduce the import tax and VAT on very fuel efficient cars. The sort of cars that get zero road fund licence cost in the UK, small cars that can pull 80mpg (UK gallons).

If Nissan, Mazda/Ford, Chev/Isuzu, Honda etc.. had any sense they should pack up and move to an other High Value Country( cheap labour Country ) and let Thailand implode on itself.coffee1.gif

Edited by Paulzed