Pheu Thai fully cooperating with govt, former MP assures Prayuth

webfact

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where exactly has PTP failed?

Every time there is a fair contest, they win.

This is why the Yellows keep having to play outside the rules (i.e. cheat).

Realizing that you must not have been here at the time, but both of Thaksin's parties (TRT and PPP) were the ones guilty of cheating.

In typical "brilliant" Thaksin style they cheated in elections that they would have won even without cheating, but, yet, they still cheated.

And after they were disbanded the first time.....they repeated it a second time... and were disbanded again.

Yes, Thaksin is a genius.

rolleyes.gif

All three of Thaksin's parties have been accused of cheating by sore losers. No reputable international body believes Thaksin bought or stole any of the 6 elections

*personal flaming edited out from above post*

Two of his parties were convicted of cheating and no reputable international body has ever contested or disputed them.

Do you write comedy scripts for a living?

Thaksin the Brilliant ....... outsmarts everybody. The brilliant amnesty plan to whitewash all his and his families crimes succeeded in getting his puppet regime thrown out and nearly causing civil war. Master plan.

Off to India to make merit with a few of the boys and little sweetie sis. Very inconspicuous - keeping a low profile. Tell them we aren't discussing politics or scheming to get back in control and they'll believe us.

Thaksin repeatedly makes the mistake of believing everyone will believe anything he or his gang say, no matter how absurd. PTP regularly lied, and when caught tried to lie their way out.

PTP can't blame anyone for their failures but themselves. Lying repeatedly through a mixture of arrogance, stupidity and contempt for the electorate. A feature of all Thaksin governments.

Lying repeatedly through a mixture of arrogance, stupidity and contempt for the electorate. A feature of all Thaksin governments.

It's also a feature of his apologists, as amply demonstrated in this thread.

• Like 2

Fred Flintstone post # 53

They co operate because the captors have guns -

Its really pointless observing obedience when the hostages have guns to their heads

Here in 2010 were you? Somehow I doubt it.

pict113.jpg

http://cryptome.org/info/thai-police/pict113.jpg

Despite having the army on their side, the other lot weren't blameless either.

*photo with no link removed from above post*

Reds had the superior firepower and number of armed combatants.

Edited by LipeLarry

Realizing that you must not have been here at the time, but both of Thaksin's parties (TRT and PPP) were the ones guilty of cheating.

In typical "brilliant" Thaksin style they cheated in elections that they would have won even without cheating, but, yet, they still cheated.

And after they were disbanded the first time.....they repeated it a second time... and were disbanded again.

rolleyes.gif

All three of Thaksin's parties have been accused of cheating by sore losers. No reputable international body believes Thaksin bought or stole any of the 6 elections

*personal flaming edited out from above post*

Two of his parties were convicted of cheating and no reputable international body has ever contested or disputed them.

Convicted by who?

A blind and just judiciary - not.

A Thai hospital recently claimed to have cured ebola and no reputable international body has contested or disputed the claim.

Why?

Because why waste time on such ridiculousness.

Ditto Thaksin's convictions.

Where and when are you talking about? 2010?

*personal flaming edited out from the above post*

The time from 2007 to the present, Reds had higher level weaponry and more armed combatants compared to the Yellows.

Edited by LipeLarry

The time from 2007 to the present, Reds had higher level weaponry and more armed combatants compared to the Yellows.

I think the question should not be who participated in the armed conflict as much as who fired the first shot. I think we can easily establish that the protests were quite peaceful until the military started shooting people. I agree that it was a mistake to shoot back because Ghandi proved that peaceful resistance is more effective against a more powerful and ruthless foe. I believe they have learned from that experience, which is why they have taken their current path of not resisting.

• Like 1

I think the question should not be who participated in the armed conflict as much as who fired the first shot. I think we can easily establish that the protests were quite peaceful until the military started shooting people. I agree that it was a mistake to shoot back because Ghandi proved that peaceful resistance is more effective against a more powerful and ruthless foe. I believe they have learned from that experience, which is why they have taken their current path of not resisting.

There has been violence from both sides during protests. Every situation is different.

There have also been actors who wanted violence.

The big difference is who is calling for elections and who is calling for oppression.

(btw, I agree that protestors should strictly adhere to a non-violent path. But that is a hard row to hoe - in today's Thailand, the opposition will try to discredit peaceful protestors with staged violence and blame it on the peaceful protestors. In addition, there is such a history of the military attacking protestors and of opposition groups attacking protestors that the result has been an escalation of 'guards' which in turn, ... you get the point.)

A post with reference to "royals" removed

By law, the Thai Royal Family are above politics. Speculation, comments and discussion of either a political or personal nature are not allowed when discussing HM The King or the Royal family.*

Discussion of the Lese Majeste law or Lese Majeste cases is permitted on the forum, providing no comment or speculation is made referencing the royal family.

To breach these rules may result in immediate ban.

• Like 1

The junta's action in taking absolute power was illegal under the existing Constitution and a number of articles under the Criminal Code. Is Pheu Thai now conceding that its performance as the legitimate government of Thailand was so bad that it justified the coup and that they are now repenting on the creation of a situation in which treason was in some way a legitimate response?

No.

Thaksin is again outsmarting those opposed to him.

He will simply sit back and let the military fail by themselves so that when they do fail they cannot blame it on his interference the same way that PTP can lay blame for most of their failures at the feet of the Yellows.

The current regime will wear out it's welcome and self destruct as the economy tanks and then who will ride into town to save the day.....

just one group fits the bill, Mr T and his jolly band of Reds.

Uncle T aint a saint, but he's head and shoulders above and three steps in front of the clowns opposite him.

Thaksin the Brilliant ....... outsmarts everybody. The brilliant amnesty plan to whitewash all his and his families crimes succeeded in getting his puppet regime thrown out and nearly causing civil war. Master plan.

Off to India to make merit with a few of the boys and little sweetie sis. Very inconspicuous - keeping a low profile. Tell them we aren't discussing politics or scheming to get back in control and they'll believe us.

Thaksin repeatedly makes the mistake of believing everyone will believe anything he or his gang say, no matter how absurd. PTP regularly lied, and when caught tried to lie their way out.

PTP can't blame anyone for their failures but themselves. Lying repeatedly through a mixture of arrogance, stupidity and contempt for the electorate. A feature of all Thaksin governments.

Thaksin repeatedly.......wins election after election after election.

ps. they'll win the next election too.

Try to keep up, the reason we are in a coup situation is because of PT's failure.

You forgot to mention that Thaksin and his proxy parties have been repeatedly banned for election fraud.

Again we see the continued silliness of calling anyone who does not subscribe to their party yellow.

I suppose those who feel they have to belong to a grouping find it difficult to understand that there are others who have no need to be part of any group and can function as individuals without cheerleaders or others guide them.

It must also be difficult after so many years of having the thinking done for them (Thaksin thinks.............) to actually have independent thoughts of their own.

No.

Thaksin is again outsmarting those opposed to him.

He will simply sit back and let the military fail by themselves so that when they do fail they cannot blame it on his interference the same way that PTP can lay blame for most of their failures at the feet of the Yellows.

The current regime will wear out it's welcome and self destruct as the economy tanks and then who will ride into town to save the day.....

just one group fits the bill, Mr T and his jolly band of Reds.

Uncle T aint a saint, but he's head and shoulders above and three steps in front of the clowns opposite him.

Thaksin repeatedly.......wins election after election after election.

ps. they'll win the next election too.

Try to keep up, the reason we are in a coup situation is because of PT's failure.

You forgot to mention that Thaksin and his proxy parties have been repeatedly banned for election fraud.

Again we see the continued silliness of calling anyone who does not subscribe to their party yellow.

I suppose those who feel they have to belong to a grouping find it difficult to understand that there are others who have no need to be part of any group and can function as individuals without cheerleaders or others guide them.

It must also be difficult after so many years of having the thinking done for them (Thaksin thinks.............) to actually have independent thoughts of their own.

you should be clear that the reason for the coup was because the military decided this was the time for a coup - it had nothing to do with the PTP success or failure. It was like setting up for T-ball...

of course the thaksin parties were dissolved, but no one believes that the courts were objective about that, and it's clear that corruption is not limited to one party.

on the other hand, Rob is right, the Thaksin parties have demonstrated their ability to actually win elections.

• Like 2

1. Wrong, on too many counts to list.

2. Banned by who? Corrupted yellow courts. Doesn't count, the same way the upcoming conviction of the two Koh Tao scapegoats doesn't count.

3. This conflict is black and white, there is no grey. One either believes in democracy (Red) or one doesn't (Yellow). All else is secondary.

4. Those that function as individuals don't swallow whole ridiculous fallacies and propaganda - you clearly don't fit this bill.

5. See item 4 above

2. Banned by who? Corrupted yellow courts. Doesn't count, the same way the upcoming conviction of the two Koh Tao scapegoats doesn't count.

3. This conflict is black and white, there is no grey. One either believes in democracy (Red) or one doesn't (Yellow). All else is secondary.

4. Those that function as individuals don't swallow whole ridiculous fallacies and propaganda - you clearly don't fit this bill.

5. See item 4 above

Presumably that would be the corrupted courts which Thaksin's lawyers failed to bribe with lunch boxes filled with cash for the judges.

If there is one thing as certain as the original Robespierre going to the guillotine it is the fantasies of the latter-day wannabe sans-culottes endlessly parading on Thaksin's motorcade.

• Like 2

The junta's action in taking absolute power was illegal under the existing Constitution and a number of articles under the Criminal Code. Is Pheu Thai now conceding that its performance as the legitimate government of Thailand was so bad that it justified the coup and that they are now repenting on the creation of a situation in which treason was in some way a legitimate response?

i dont care nor does my Thai family or many Thai friends if it keeps vile Shins out and head of pile of @##$%#@# Taksin out. Believe me for a lot here hatred of Reds and shins far outweighs if not in bought support supporters of Reds and Taksin

rolleyes.gif

All three of Thaksin's parties have been accused of cheating by sore losers. No reputable international body believes Thaksin bought or stole any of the 6 elections he has won - only yellow peanuts think otherwise.

sore looser aren't you thank you kuun Suphet for standing up to most vile would be megalomaniac dictator Thailand has ever seen

i dont care nor does my Thai family or many Thai friends if it keeps vile Shins out and head of pile of @##$%#@# Taksin out. Believe me for a lot here hatred of Reds and shins far outweighs if not in bought support supporters of Reds and Taksin

i dont care nor...

is that why your name is i care nein, nein, nein?

your family and Thai friends could have voted the PTP out of power. Did your family and Thai friends go to the polls on Feb 2nd?

5. See item 4 above

Presumably that would be the corrupted courts which Thaksin's lawyers failed to bribe with lunch boxes filled with cash for the judges.

If there is one thing as certain as the original Robespierre going to the guillotine it is the fantasies of the latter-day wannabe sans-culottes endlessly parading on Thaksin's motorcade.

That would be the democracy motorcade all us good folk are endlessly parading on.

5. See item 4 above

That would be the democracy motorcade all us good folk are endlessly parading on.

Ah yes, the one with Thaksin "Democracy is just a tool, not our goal" Shinawatra driving at the front, thank you for providing a perfect example of the Cognitive Dissonance I was referring to.

• Like 1

Then what was wrong in voting then out after the second election was called for, if what you and many others claim is true?

Ah yes, the one with Thaksin "Democracy is just a tool, not our goal" Shinawatra driving at the front, thank you for providing a perfect example of the Cognitive Dissonance I was referring to.

First the definition:

In psychology, cognitive dissonance is the mental stress or discomfort experienced by an individual who holds two or more contradictory beliefs, ideas, or values at the same time, or is confronted by new information that conflicts with existing beliefs, ideas, or values.

In order to support a faction that has continued to do all it can to eliminate democracy: from military and judicial coups to rigged constitutions and courts to the extreme of slaughtering nearly 100 citizens in the streets, you give as an example of the oppositions flaws a mere anti-democratic quote.

Of all the arguments to be made against Thaksin by yellow sympathisers, the anti-democrat one has to be the most absurd, illogical and ridiculous.

If you believe that Thaksin is bad because he (winner of the last 6 election and organiser of 0 of the last 19 coups) is not democratic enough, do tell me what does this mean for your opinion of the current, unelected Premier.

Cognitive Dissonance - your self diagnosis does indeed appear to be spot on. Well done!

First the definition:

In psychology, cognitive dissonance is the mental stress or discomfort experienced by an individual who holds two or more contradictory beliefs, ideas, or values at the same time, or is confronted by new information that conflicts with existing beliefs, ideas, or values.

In order to support a faction that has continued to do all it can to eliminate democracy: from military and judicial coups to rigged constitutions and courts to the extreme of slaughtering nearly 100 citizens in the streets, you give as an example of the oppositions flaws a mere anti-democratic quote.

Of all the arguments to be made against Thaksin by yellow sympathisers, the anti-democrat one has to be the most absurd, illogical and ridiculous.

If you believe that Thaksin is bad because he (winner of the last 6 election and organiser of 0 of the last 19 coups) is not democratic enough, do tell me what does this mean for your opinion of the current, unelected Premier.

Cognitive Dissonance - your self diagnosis does indeed appear to be spot on. Well done!

Now you provide an example of the typical dishonesty and disconnection with reality of a Thaksin/Red Shirt apologist.

As you put it yourself "3. This conflict is black and white, there is no grey. One either believes in democracy (Red) or one doesn't (Yellow)." You can't face reality with all its nuances, so you retreat into a self satisfying fantasy dividing things into a neat binary system.

Since I showed something that proves the lie of Thaksin and his political party as a motor for Democracy you simply assume I'm a Yellow Shirt sympathizer, no need to think, just knee-jerk reaction and back to the comfort of your bubble.

You know, whenever I have to show to people the moral bankruptcy of Thaksin's parties and his Red Shirt movement I only need to point to things people like you say and do, it's a fantastic way of discrediting them, no need to resort (as you do) to fallacies and propaganda. Keep up the good work!

• Like 1

First the definition:

Now you provide an example of the typical dishonesty and disconnection with reality of a Thaksin/Red Shirt apologist.

As you put it yourself "3. This conflict is black and white, there is no grey. One either believes in democracy (Red) or one doesn't (Yellow)." You can't face reality with all its nuances, so you retreat into a self satisfying fantasy dividing things into a neat binary system.

Since I showed something that proves the lie of Thaksin and his political party as a motor for Democracy you simply assume I'm a Yellow Shirt sympathizer, no need to think, just knee-jerk reaction and back to the comfort of your bubble.

You know, whenever I have to show to people the moral bankruptcy of Thaksin's parties and his Red Shirt movement I only need to point to things people like you say and do, it's a fantastic way of discrediting them, no need to resort (as you do) to fallacies and propaganda. Keep up the good work!

What is more important, restoring democracy or cleaning up a few beaches?

If democracy is not restored, in swift order, the people will once again take to the streets and there will be more economic difficulties and unnecessary deaths in this land.

If the beaches are not cleaned up, life will go on as it always has.

Your nuances are in fact mere obfuscations to avoid the real issue - democracy or the lack thereof.

Ditto for the absurd demonisation of Thaksin on so many ridiculous fronts - obfuscations and misdirections.

Make as many excuses as you wish, misdirect the debate as much as you want, it all just shows the lack of a solid, factual basis for the yellow anti-democratic position that you support!

Is it morally right to deny the citizens of a country the right to select their own government?

Decent folk say it's not, you on the other hand think it is.

• Like 1

First the definition:

In psychology, cognitive dissonance

It does seem to be a recurring theme with that weird group.

Edited by jod