need information about visa extension

hi

Question no .1

I want to apply for 1 year non b thai visa extension but my passport is valid for 8 months.

Will I get visa extension for 1 year or 8 months?

.....................................................................................

Question no. 2

Can we apply for 90 days notification and Re entry permit if passport validity is less than 6 months?

Question no. 3

Due to some reasons, I can't renew my passport in Thailand. So my plan to go back my country and get new passport.

Then where and how I can transfer my visa extension from old to new passport?

Thanks

You will get an extension coinciding with your passport validity.

You can purchase a re-entry permit and when you come back to transfer the relevant stamps, the full 12 months will be applied in the new passport.

You may need a latter from you embassy authorizing such transfer.

1. You will get 8 months as extensions are not given beyond the expiry date of the passport.

2. You will need to do 90 day reporting and can get a re-entry permit.

3. Once you have a new passport you go back to immigration and apply for a new extension of stay, this time it will be for 1 year. All documents are required again.

You would need to have both old and new passport to enter Thailand, have the details transferred and get the new extension of stay.

Question no. 3

Due to some reasons, I can't renew my passport in Thailand. So my plan to go back my country and get new passport.

Then where and how I can transfer my visa from old to new passport?

i. At suvarnabhumi airport OR

ii. At Bangkok Immigration Chaengwattna

You return to Thailand with your old and your new passport and show both to immigration at the airport. The immigration officer will stamp you in and after that you need to visit your regular immigration office for the area where you live and there they will transfer the details from the old to the new passport and can you apply for a new extension of stay.

Question no. 3

Then where and how I can transfer my visa from old to new passport?

i. At suvarnabhumi airport OR

ii. At Bangkok Immigration Chaengwattna

i. At suvarnabhumi airport

At the airport they'll put your entry stamp in the new passport (show them both passports), but if you have a still valid extension of stay, it and the other relevant information will be transferred at an Immigration office. The actual visa would not be transferred, but the information would be stamped & written in your new passport.

When you leave Thailand, in order to be able to return with your current permission or extension still valid, you will need a re-entry permit, but that would expire on the same date as your extension.

To transfer at immigrations use this form + photocopies of all relevant information from both old and new passport: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/files/file/20-transfer-stamp-to-a-new-passport-form/

Edited by Suradit69

And bear in mind that, if you do renew your passport back in your home country, your local immigration office here may still insist on an Embassy letter, as stated in post #2, unless some suitable letter is provided by your country's passport issuing authority with your new passport as a matter of course (which is not the case for the UK).

Indeed, if you are a fellow Brit, then I don't blame you in the slightest for renewing your passport back in the UK in view of all the nonsensical procedures we have to endure these days when renewing from Thailand!