Interested in a 32" 4K Monitor?

mortenaa

Hey guys!

I bought this awesome 4K monitor for a project, but I don't need it anyway. It's brand new, and comes with Dell's three year next-day-service.

http://classifieds.thaivisa.com/electronics/computers-parts-accessories/dell-ultrasharp-32-4k-ips-monitor-up3214q-3840x2160-298218.html

Another popular webshop sells it for 109,000. I can offer a better price. Only 75,000. Any offers will be considered :)

I guess one would need a super-high-end video card and top-end computer to actually be able to use 3840 x 2160 resolution, assuming that's what the one you have offers. Are you including a suitable vid card? Can I assume that you got it to work on developing games?

I guess one would need a super-high-end video card and top-end computer to actually be able to use 3840 x 2160 resolution, assuming that's what the one you have offers. Are you including a suitable vid card? Can I assume that you got it to work on developing games?

You need a video card that supports DP 1.2 (DisplayPort) to get 4K@60hz. 4K@30Hz you will be fine with an older card.. My computer is 5 year old (high spec at the time), but I have upgraded the video card with a new Nvidia one. Games looks awesome!

Edited by mortenaa

I bought the Samsung 28 inch 4K UHD monitor new for 20,000 baht. Screen real estate at 4K is amazing and games are incredible.

That Dell monitor is good if you NEED the AdobeRGB color space and high color accuracy, but it comes at a hefty price. The Samsung supports 60Hz via the DisplayPort, but only sRGB.

I looked at the Dell, but it didn't support 60Hz. The Samsung supports 60Hz via the displayport. I also have dual high end graphics cards driving it. Not even the slightest stutter (at 4K) on the latest games.

One thing is for sure, having gone 4K I will never go back to lower resolution displays. On my to do list for next year is a large 4K UHD TV.

I bought the Samsung 28 inch 4K UHD monitor new for 20,000 baht. Screen real estate at 4K is amazing and games are incredible.

That Dell monitor is good if you NEED the AdobeRGB color space and high color accuracy, but it comes at a hefty price. The Samsung supports 60Hz via the DisplayPort, but only sRGB.

The full price is bad, but the price I offer is really good value for money. Remember this is a IPS panel, not a TN, which they cheaper models have. I bought a 30" Dell back in 2008, and costed me about the same that time. But no for 4K back then ;)

New Apple Imac Retina is 5K + AIO PC for 2499 usd (Expect 86-89k in Thailand)

Goodluck getting rid of your decently discounted (but over-priced in retail) monitor.

Btw you can't sell stuff in this forum. You know it right?

Yea, that Apple should be nice. Only 27" though... Can't reply compare, right?

I sell trough the classifieds. Ain't no harm doing some advertising ;)

I would say a 5k 27 inch compares to a 4k 32 inch... especially with a powerful computer thrown in.

40k almost tempting, 65k I would upgrade to the imac and I dont own any apple devices...

Good luck but I dont buy overpriced second hand prices that are standard here. If someone actually needs this and about to spend full whack on a new one you are lucky. If not you are competing with 10k thb screens that would do most users needs fine. I know yours is better, but better doesnt always justify cost.

I would say a 5k 27 inch compares to a 4k 32 inch... especially with a powerful computer thrown in.

40k almost tempting, 65k I would upgrade to the imac and I dont own any apple devices...

Good luck but I dont buy overpriced second hand prices that are standard here. If someone actually needs this and about to spend full whack on a new one you are lucky. If not you are competing with 10k thb screens that would do most users needs fine. I know yours is better, but better doesnt always justify cost.

I think you missed a few points. First, the monitor is brand new. 2nd, the price in the US is $2,499.99, which is 81000 THB. So this is an absolute bargain wink.png

Edited by mortenaa

Unless you are an official dealer and the box has not been opened then I dont count being sold 2nd hand as brand new... Laugh every time I see classified ads " brand new only used X times...".

If you plugged it in even once for your project it is not brand new. Almost new maybe, but not brand new.

65k maybe ok if you actually want to spend that money on a monitor, professional film editors with money to burn are few and far between, so if you really want to sell make it attractive to an audience with buyers. Or join the line of condo owners with units they think are great value but somehow noone buys...

• Like 1

Unless you are an official dealer and the box has not been opened then I dont count being sold 2nd hand as brand new... Laugh every time I see classified ads " brand new only used X times...".

If you plugged it in even once for your project it is not brand new. Almost new maybe, but not brand new.

65k maybe ok if you actually want to spend that money on a monitor, professional film editors with money to burn are few and far between, so if you really want to sell make it attractive to an audience with buyers. Or join the line of condo owners with units they think are great value but somehow noone buys...

Hehe. Easy to make you laugh I can tell.. But it doesn't change the fact that the monitor is only 10 days old, comes with a full warranty and on-site service for three years (minus 10 days). And since its actually moved out of the box, and plugged in the socket, I give a discount.

Professional movie editors are exactly the target market here. Thats why, a simple programmer, don't need it. I love it, but more nice to have than need to have. Visual Studio looks crisp though ;)

Regarding condos, I think the constant supply of new condos does something with the 2nd hand market. Thats why you can find a decent 2nd hand condo on Sukhumvit @ 60K per sqm, but the new one next door is 140K per sqm.. Doesn't make sense to me.. I went for the 2nd hand one ;)

So 10 days old not brand new, clarified.

But most of your target market are like you(myself included), would love to have it but dont need it and doesnt justify the cost.... Even the editors that can use it, more without the cash than willing to spend.

Lucky for you the worst case is you keep a damn nice screen! I could afford and would love, but not worthwhile for me.

If you want to sell close to full price pray that one of the 50 odd potential customers nationwide might see it. If you need to sell, price it so that the 50,000 that want it could justify the expense and one will. Supply and demand (global style, not thai).

If you want to compare to your condo, same ratio would be 35k, then your screen is sold fast!

25% discount... get that unopened by shopping around or with bleeding edge tech just waiting 2 months.

Big monitors are wonderful. I used to think 19 or 21" was big, LOL.

I don't do movie editing or gaming and for a time I hooked a 32" Sony television/monitor (so the box said) to my desktop and even though it didn't have real high resolution, it was still great because everything was so big it was always easy to read. Resolution was good enough that it looked sharp unless highly scrutinized.

I'm traveling right now but when I get home I'm going to hook it back up. I liked it that much.

• 2 weeks later...

I really wish you good luck with this sale but I highly doubt it. Finding someone that actually needs that monitor next to impossible. He will probably spend little more to buy now one because if he have 80k for monitor I'm 100% sure that he will have monster of PC for at least 100k.

People like that don't spend time to look second hand stuff to save few $.

• Like 1