Halloween Fun for the whole Family?

junglechef

Looking for somewhere to take the kids (2, 9 & 11) on preferably after school/early Friday night. Heard Promanda haunted house is just for little one and Loi Kroi for older wink.png

Maybe a restaurant for dinner which something holiday appropriate planned.

Kids will be in costume and it's also my birthday (please insert all the jokes you can think of here) so hope to find something wicked!

^^ Respect ... wai.gif

I always appreciate a person who can argue their position with intelligence and empathy.

The 'Halloween Fundraiser for an orphanage' was a clincher ... wherever it is, a Charity after my own heart.

My shout next time I'm up your way ... drunk.gif

• Like 2

Thanks David 48, I liked your post and was more just going off on it in the spirit of TV and that you seemed to be able to, and hopefully enjoy, some good banter.

Cheers and Happy Halloween!!

JC

Say JC.. You ever think to hang out CNX immigration on Halloween ?tongue.png It don't get any scarier than that with all those spooks, goblins, ghost and TV members that hang out there.w00t.gif BTW have a great day.thumbsup.gif

• Like 2

re

Heard Promanda haunted house is just for little one

i dont know but there was a group of them promoting it at thaphae gate this afternoon !

zoe in yellow are having a party but it says only over 20s on the door !

dave2

post-42592-0-43715300-1414237818_thumb.j

post-42592-0-15199400-1414237850_thumb.j

@David48 - typical Thaivisa member talking about something they know absolutely NOTHING about

Halloween is a fantastic holiday - go to all your neighbors, get candy, treat the kids in your neighborhood, and overall just build a strong community and bond

It was brilliant to spend time with all of our neighbors, pass out candy to local neighborhood kids, and just overall have a great time as a neighborhood

Its clear you have no idea what you are talking about - idiot

@David48 - typical Thaivisa member talking about something they know absolutely NOTHING about

Halloween is a fantastic holiday - go to all your neighbors, get candy, treat the kids in your neighborhood, and overall just build a strong community and bond

It was brilliant to spend time with all of our neighbors, pass out candy to local neighborhood kids, and just overall have a great time as a neighborhood

But, may I ask PlanetX ... since you are about creating community ties, cementing bonds and you obviously speak fluent Thai to be able to do this ... how did you and your Family celebrate Chulalongkorn Day?

Yawn... I live with a number of Thais and no one cared or even commented that it was Chulalongkorn Day. Get real.

Anybody who didn't grow up in the USA in the 1950s and 60s should be excused from understanding what a wonderful experience it was for all of us who did.

Halloween like so many other aspects of American life started to become truly creepy when cases of weirdos putting double edged razor blades in apples and poisoned treats changed everything.

Whatever the origins were as All Souls Day in Europe, we made it truly our own, and it was great fun while it lasted.

• Like 1

Pretty much the same story with pizza. Got it from Europe, made it better incl much more fun. Then some took it to far, as in the case of pizza the big chains making low quality pies.

See all TV topics can come to both burgers (a post of mine above) and pizza!

• Like 1

re

Kids will be in costume

a maybe for you ?

star avenue mall near arcade bus station started decking three floors of the place out for haloween a week ago and its coming along nicely coz i was up there this morning

last year they had three party nights ! perhaps one might include kids ?

go take a look ... dave2

post-42592-0-38586700-1414324037_thumb.j

post-42592-0-95935400-1414324074_thumb.j

post-42592-0-14605300-1414324115_thumb.p

• Like 1

If your child says "Dad, can we visit a Haunted House this year?' just reply;

"What's wrong with the one we live in. Go to sleep, dear."

I think one of the reasons that so many of the big old houses in Chiang Mai have been torn down over the years has been because of ghosts.

They were believed to be haunted by the phi of deceased relatives.

The Thai are as credulous as the upper-class English are about seeing the ghosts of their ancestors.

• Like 1

I think one of the reasons that so many of the big old houses in Chiang Mai have been torn down over the years has been because of ghosts.

The Thai are as credulous as the upper-class English are about seeing the ghosts of their ancestors.

Wait... Are you saying that you don't? whistling.gif

re

star avenue mall near arcade bus station started decking three floors of the place out for haloween a week ago and its coming along nicely

an update

theyve put up an nice spider and web with a skull as the body now but unless they get their bum in gear soon it wont be as good as last year

the good view on the river are having a party but thats usually ticket only and would probably have sold out weeks ago !

dave2

post-42592-0-89001700-1414548426_thumb.j

post-42592-0-76021000-1414548470_thumb.j

post-42592-0-11403000-1414548493_thumb.j

Frankly, I don't know what to think.

I lived in England for a while in the early '70s as a young artist on my travels.

Some of the time was spent on Yeoman's Row off Brompton Rd. The row houses, which once had been occupied by the Yeoman Guards, were said to be haunted.

I never saw an apparition myself, but so many neighbours - intelligent and refined people - claimed to have had uncanny experiences, including sightings, that I have always given some credence to the existence of Ghosts.

On the other hand, maybe those wiley Brits were just pulling the leg of a gullible young Yank.

an update

there a halloween dinner do at the sala lanna hotel just along from the good view

and a halloween themed something going on at the think park opposite maya mall

ive been up to star avenue again today and the havnt done the little figures on the glass of the escalaters this year

which i quite liked :( ... maybe tomorrow ?

dave2

post-42592-0-29121200-1414669573_thumb.j

post-42592-0-46208200-1414669614_thumb.j

post-42592-0-35462200-1414669666_thumb.j

post-42592-0-39594000-1414669763_thumb.j

post-42592-0-04758800-1414669796_thumb.j

post-42592-0-26839700-1414669822_thumb.j

I lived in England for a while in the early '70s as a young artist on my travels.

Some of the time was spent on Yeoman's Row off Brompton Rd. The row houses, which once had been occupied by the Yeoman Guards, were said to be haunted.

I never saw an apparition myself, but so many neighbours - intelligent and refined people - claimed to have had uncanny experiences, including sightings, that I have always given some credence to the existence of Ghosts.

On the other hand, maybe those wiley Brits were just pulling the leg of a gullible young Yank.

I said it half in jest but... who knows? The concept of 'ghosts' and 'spirits' is so universal, that there must be some kernel of 'real' about it. The Mexican's celebrate 'The Day of the Dead.' The Japanese have their 'Obon Festival.' In the Jewish religion, a cup of wine is left for 'Elijah.' Christians worship a 'Holy Ghost.' The list goes on and on. While Sociologists and psychologists will say, from their point of view, it's a way of establishing a continuation of life, who is to say that this is the ONLY reason for it? I don't know why ghosts have gotten such a bad rap, Who says they are malevolent? Why can't they all be friendly, like Casper? I'd like to think my mother and father are around, still puzzling over my antics and getting a kick over my lifestyle, while enjoying the freedom from the aches and pains of old age. I like 'Haunted Houses.' Nothing 'spooky' about them except the people selling tickets to them.

On another note, is there a Vegan version of the various Witche's Brews? Eye of a newt? Fillet of a fenny snake, In the cauldron boil and bake; Eye of newt and toe of frog? How about 'tofu and tempeh, basil and thyme, into the microwave one more time!'

• Like 1

I said it half in jest but... who knows? The concept of 'ghosts' and 'spirits' is so universal, that there must be some kernel of 'real' about it. The Mexican's celebrate 'The Day of the Dead.' The Japanese have their 'Obon Festival.' In the Jewish religion, a cup of wine is left for 'Elijah.' Christians worship a 'Holy Ghost.' The list goes on and on. While Sociologists and psychologists will say, from their point of view, it's a way of establishing a continuation of life, who is to say that this is the ONLY reason for it? I don't know why ghosts have gotten such a bad rap, Who says they are malevolent? Why can't they all be friendly, like Casper? I'd like to think my mother and father are around, still puzzling over my antics and getting a kick over my lifestyle, while enjoying the freedom from the aches and pains of old age. I like 'Haunted Houses.' Nothing 'spooky' about them except the people selling tickets to them.

On another note, is there a Vegan version of the various Witche's Brews? Eye of a newt? Fillet of a fenny snake, In the cauldron boil and bake; Eye of newt and toe of frog? How about 'tofu and tempeh, basil and thyme, into the microwave one more time!'

Sir Thomas Browne said it best:

"There is surely a piece of Divinity within us, something that was before the Elements, and owes no homage unto the Sun."

Happy Halloween!

• Like 1

an update coz ive been out and about a bit today :)

tawan danng . maldives and infinity in prashert land have something on tonight

the think park had some ghosts and spiders in the bushes and they were putting more up coz i was there early !

the beer terminals at star avenue had a nice window display of ghools and witches on the glass

and promenada malls haunted house had a nice skull ghool hanging outside the entrance !

dave2

post-42592-0-89740900-1414749799_thumb.j

post-42592-0-80607700-1414749834_thumb.j

post-42592-0-73036300-1414749860_thumb.j

post-42592-0-67642500-1414749896_thumb.j

post-42592-0-19254200-1414749949_thumb.j

post-42592-0-19325400-1414749986_thumb.j

post-42592-0-33155000-1414750025_thumb.j