How to get rid off such viruses?

lostinisaan

Hello and Swasdee khrap,

Our son just came home with a non functioning Desktop with a Windows 7 on it. When i put some programs on, I realized that there're some serious viruses on it.

These viruses don't let me put on an Anti virus system, tried it with AVG, Kaspersky and another one.

Is there a program to get rid off them, without formatting the drive?

Thanks in advance. Any input is deeply appreciated.

Run an ADW tool download (free), it will find rubbish that might be causing a problem..................SuperantiSpyeware (free), Malwarebytes (free). Do full scans with both....thumbsup.gif

If still problem downloading install OPERA to download stuff....

• Like 1

Run an ADW tool download (free), it will find rubbish that might be causing a problem..................SuperantiSpyeware (free), Malwarebytes (free). Do full scans with both....thumbsup.gif

If still problem downloading install OPERA to download stuff....

Thanks Trans,

The problem is that it's a virus/Trojan horse/worm that doesn't let me update any Anti virus programs.

It stops access to the Internet, wireless and LAN.

Download a bootable ISO for virus removal, and burn it to a CD/DVD.

Then boot it on the machine in question. This prevents your malware activating at startup and allows for safe removal.

Here are some examples:

http://pcsupport.about.com/od/system-security/tp/free-bootable-antivirus-software.htm

You're the man. Aeeh, sorry, the woman.....thumbsup.gif

The problem is that it's a virus/Trojan horse/worm that doesn't let me update any Anti virus programs.

You can download the antimalware and its latest update file on another PC and save them to a USB stick. Then copy the files over and install and update from there. No internet connection required on the infected machine. Worth trying before a bootable ISO, I think.

Try System Restore on System Tools....and chose a date before the one of the installation of the new programs. After that, is the problem was resolved but is running slow, run Disk cleanup and Disk Defragmentation.....

There is an easier way to remove hijack virus'. On another PC download a freeware program called RKill - run this program, on the infected computer, from a USB stick - it will stop all non core processes (including the virus program). You can then download, install and run virus and spyware removal programs. If the virus denies you access to the USB stick then you will have to boot in safe mode and copy the RKill program to your desktop and then boot normally and run from there. Safe mode boot is obtained by pressing f8 key during the POST (power on system test) black screen and then selecting safe mode. My two free software recommendations are AVG and Malwarebytes - just make sure you install the free versions and not the free trial versions.

Simple buy a Mac problem solvecoffee1.gif

The reason that Mac computers have less chance to be affected by viruses (in the past) is just because that less people were using them (overpriced). As more and more people fall for the Apple sales spiel and are using Mac computers, hackers are now developing more and more viruses for the Macs and that is what we called the iVirus - the latest one is Mac Flashback.

Boot from a CD/DVD/USB which will load your drivers without accessing your HDD. You should be able run your AV software from there. Personally, i would boot into Ubuntu ( which can be run from cd/dvd/usb) and run several online virus checks ( Bitdefender/Trend Micro) etc.

Edited by lucifer666

Once again:

Make sure you DON'T have more than 1 anti virus programs installed.

Each would have a virus definition file of its own, and if there is more than one then they would stop each other - with the effect that nothing run at all.

Go for updates if you already have a virus scanner (anti virus program) installed.

Once again:

Each would have a virus definition file of its own, and if there is more than one then they would stop each other - with the effect that nothing run at all.

Go for updates if you already have a virus scanner (anti virus program) installed.

Not true.

You can run a secondary AV if you have the oomph and one of them is "aware" that it is secondary, and it doesn't hurt to do so.

It's In your registry. Reformat is probably the only way if you can't locate it. If you have files you need get a bootable copy of Linux, boot, access the files copy to an external drive. Load Linux to wipe the drive then instal an original version of windows.

Then look at on line security anti-virus and so.

Windows is a virus magnet.

You can download the antimalware and its latest update file on another PC and save them to a USB stick. Then copy the files over and install and update from there. No internet connection required on the infected machine. Worth trying before a bootable ISO, I think.

I assume when I download any Anti virus software on my clean PC and download all the virus definitions, I can't just copy all on a memory stick.

Will have to try the bootable ISO, I guess. Would be great to have a program, that already contains all the virus definations.

Once again:

Not true.

You can run a secondary AV if you have the oomph and one of them is "aware" that it is secondary, and it doesn't hurt to do so.

I'll try it tomorrow, had three notebooks done in four days and now this incredible virus monster problem. it just doesn't let any Anti virus programs do updates, nor scan without updating.

Thanks for your time. Cheers.

There is an easier way to remove hijack virus'. On another PC download a freeware program called RKill - run this program, on the infected computer, from a USB stick - it will stop all non core processes (including the virus program). You can then download, install and run virus and spyware removal programs. If the virus denies you access to the USB stick then you will have to boot in safe mode and copy the RKill program to your desktop and then boot normally and run from there. Safe mode boot is obtained by pressing f8 key during the POST (power on system test) black screen and then selecting safe mode. My two free software recommendations are AVG and Malwarebytes - just make sure you install the free versions and not the free trial versions.

Thanks, I guess i have to format and put a new program on it. The virus/worm/Trojan doesn't let me boot into safe mode.