Siam Kubota works on reforesting Thailand's mangrove forests

Lite Beer

Mangroves are, arguably, the most important ecosystem in Thailand, the protect against coastal erosion, clean land runoff, are a breeding ground for many fish species and of course, multitude of land animals too. Those trees are unique in what they do and were they live, there's no substitute that would do the same.

I've stayed in a couple resorts were they get it, and integrate the mangroves into their location, or rather integrate the resort into the location. It may not be as good as a pristine forest, but it's a hell of a lot better than chopping the lot down and plonking a generic infinity edge pool in front of the beach where people can soak in and relax as they overlook the coastal reef silting to death.

Anyway, too much ranting. Do they accept volunteers, anyone knows?

Mangroves are, arguably, the most important ecosystem in Thailand, the protect against coastal erosion, clean land runoff, are a breeding ground for many fish species and of course, multitude of land animals too. Those trees are unique in what they do and were they live, there's no substitute that would do the same.

I've stayed in a couple resorts were they get it, and integrate the mangroves into their location, or rather integrate the resort into the location. It may not be as good as a pristine forest, but it's a hell of a lot better than chopping the lot down and plonking a generic infinity edge pool in front of the beach where people can soak in and relax as they overlook the coastal reef silting to death.

Anyway, too much ranting. Do they accept volunteers, anyone knows?

The great problem with volunteering as a farang is that according to law you need a work permit.

You can always try without but it only needs one disaffected type to report you to immigration and they could withdraw your permission to stay (visa).

Personally I would love to volunteer for several things (have been asked) but is it worth the risk ?

I want to stay here so in my opinion no.

Great news and where do the average Thai Visa posters go. Off to bash Thais and find fault with every thing that is not like in their home country. Pretty well shows where the average TV poster is coming from. Great news about a very important thing to the coast line of Thailand and they ignore it. Only one comes over to make a snide remark.

This along with the long range plan to reforest the land so we have 40% of the land forested is great news. Are grandchildren will be given the chance to see what Thailand was like before the neglect and illegal encroachment started in.