Would Thailand be run better if its PM was elected directly by the people?

webfact

Would Thailand be run better if its PM was elected directly by the people?

Hasn't this been tried many times with many failures an public uprisings?

Something clearly needs some fixing first.

Uprisings? In plural? In Thailand? Name 2 or more please!!!

Not even during the Japanese occupation there was one.

But I know my Thai history as taught in schools.. Thailand has never been occupied! The Japanese were our guests, armed tourists at the most.

You think you are being sarcastic but you write the truth. In Western history books the Japanese were welcomed in and were officially allies.

An alliance between Thailand and Japan was formally signed on December 21, 1941. On January 25, 1942, the Thai government declared war on the United States and the United Kingdom.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japanese_invasion_of_Thailand

Anyone who says Thailand was occupied by their ally, Japan, should also say that the UK was occupied by their ally the United States as both Thailand and the UK hosted foreign armies whom they were allied with.

Edited by rametindallas

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Given a level playing field Yingluck would win in a canter no matter what scenario the elite want t come up with.

The old vote buying argument went down the tubes when academics and such came out and said it was minor done by both sides and has no relative input on election results.

Mention the name Yingluck the true democratically leader of Thailand and the yellow elite will use all sorts of slander and excuses to use her name as a stepping stone to deny the north of their true leaders elected by the majority of the voters.

Yingluck you might be surprised has been convicted of nothing and is free to stand at the next election and will win.If the faceless men get her convicted then it's a five year ban and if she choses after than time to run again she would been even more popular.

Anyway throw up what ever format you want the yellow elite are on the nose so much the PTP could nominate the drovers dog for PM and still win!

You mean like when they ran an 'electric pole' for Bangkok Governor?

• Like 2

In a cake walk!

1898232_10152764266116154_52429716669057

I see... What did she do to achieve such adulation? The general consensus among Thais is nothing. Her followers therefore are more like a cult of personality. The blind following the blind if you like. Perhaps that's your need... Someone to worship and to bow down to because you refuse to see.

let free democratic elections have place and lets see that...cult of personality belongs to Suthep

Edited by kaobang

In a cake walk!

1898232_10152764266116154_52429716669057

I see... What did she do to achieve such adulation? The general consensus among Thais is nothing. Her followers therefore are more like a cult of personality. The blind following the blind if you like. Perhaps that's your need... Someone to worship and to bow down to because you refuse to see.

What would you know of the general consensus among Thais.

Your statement is baseless and pointless subjective nonsense.

Return of serve,

The general consensus among Thais is that Yingluck is the greatest and most successful and inspiring, intelligent and beautiful leader they have ever had.

If anyone on this forum is genuflecting, it is the yellow nutters on their knees at the Generals feet.

Edited by Robespiere
  • Like 1

Still amazes me the yellow elite supporters really after all this time are terrified of the word Yingluck!

The government wants to wipe the history books of the Thaksin Shinawatra era who just happened to be the winner by the greatest majority in thai history and his sister the second greatest.

Now I will give a bit of advice yellow shirt elite dem supporters on here.

The reason they won't arrest Thaksin is because of the kangaroo court gave him two years now if he had come back and done his time and his ban for 5 years he would be bigger that he ever was however now none of the elite want him back because he in the thai eyes is very much their hero and if he lands at swampy it will truly be a massive day for the thai people.

Now you have Yingluck who won in a landslide who is still here despite all the naysayers on here saying she will never return well she did and really I wouldn't blame her for staying overseas as she's never going to get a fair shake from this current group.

So what are they going to do with her?

Well an election is out because she would win that given a level playing field.

How about we elect a PM ?Sorry she would win that.

How about we convict of something?Anything?and give her 5 years house detention ?

What and turn her into another Aung San suu kyi are you kidding?

Look guys the dems have abhisit and nothing else.The great Sutep is hiding behind robes and really they have no one as backup.

Anyway it's great to see the usual brigade with their witty one liners and really I don't know why a lot of you even bother to comment as you clearly supported the path that led to where Thailand is today and dismissed democracy with all this vote buying corruption claimns etc etc

Yes dismissed democracy and actually cheered while the rest of the world condemned the event and still do!

number 1. and you disagree that PTP ran a shamble for 3 years, then the rest was of no interest.

number 2 Ptp had checks and balances ???

number 3 The cabinet is a vital part of the government framework, Where were their objections to bad polices ?? they couldn't object ,they were puppets the same as Yingluck appointed to carry out orders from the land of camels.

people who understand the 2007 constitution, it's mechanisms, and its origins understand that there were so many checks built into it that there was no balance.

rolleyes.gif

Explain what small changes and the impact they made from the 1997 constitution there were?

she is an extraordinary woman

Yes, the first clone to be elected PM.

And i guess many hate her just because she is a woman

And your guess would be wrong.

Much like her predecessor Somchai, people opposed her because she was an incompetent person who only became PM because of her relationship with the fugitive.

• Like 1

Much like her predecessor Somchai, people opposed her because she was an incompetent person who only became PM because of her relationship with the fugitive.

people you mean the minority of thais who cant win elections from 20 years.

she is so different from her coward brother

Edited by kaobang

she is so different from her coward brother

Even Thaksin and Yingluck themselves have both said the opposite in their own statements. wink.png

If they don't believe it, why on Earth do you?

Given a level playing field Yingluck would win in a canter no matter what scenario the elite want t come up with.

The old vote buying argument went down the tubes when academics and such came out and said it was minor done by both sides and has no relative input on election results.

Mention the name Yingluck the true democratically leader of Thailand and the yellow elite will use all sorts of slander and excuses to use her name as a stepping stone to deny the north of their true leaders elected by the majority of the voters.

Yingluck you might be surprised has been convicted of nothing and is free to stand at the next election and will win.If the faceless men get her convicted then it's a five year ban and if she choses after than time to run again she would been even more popular.

Anyway throw up what ever format you want the yellow elite are on the nose so much the PTP could nominate the drovers dog for PM and still win!

I couldn't have said it better.

Clearly there's something wrong if a party can 'win' by putting up a drover's dog as candidate.

Nothing like a deliberate misunderstanding of a metaphor for the PTP's popularity with the voters, to try and make a political point, however weak that point is, eh, rubl?

Forget the Thai people for 1 minute. How can any westerner support the PTP knowing how they ran a shambles for 3 years.

Their cabinet consisted of ??? and now some of the posters are slagging off the PM for his choice of advisors. OMG

No, let us not forget the Thai people for 1 minute. This is all about them, their country and their future. Unlike you or I, the vast majority cannot simply bugger off elsewhere as the screws tighten.

• Like 1

post quoted by kaobang's post:

What are you replying to, kaobang?

Your rambling wikipedia post doesn't help.

What are you trying to say in response to my post that you obliterated?

Edited by leko

she is an extraordinary woman its no surprise the thai elite is so jealous of her success and her popularity.

it seems that she is more popular than her brother among the thais who like her

but among the thais who don't like her, there are no words too foul for them to spit out.

and at least for some among the latter group, I suspect that you are right about the gender 'bias' as well.

You mean like when they ran an 'electric pole' for Bangkok Governor?

Didn't that "electric pole" lose and then go whining how unfair it was?

• Like 2

Unless there is not a quality eduacation system installed

all kinds of voting are useless

because brainless people can not vote smart

It's not as simple as that, smart people can be conned too, deception is a very honed skill now and anyone can be swindled if their buttons are pushed the right way.

The biggest problem with Democracy as of today is that people at large are completely defenseless against "proper" perception management campaigns; there's decades of cognitive science research behind them and the progress in that field has vastly overtaken progress in education and political structures that would prevent its abuse.

• 4 weeks later...