Best Mobile Phone Package for Heavy Internet Usage

H1w4yR1da

I currently have a post-paid TrueMove Sim card, about 900 Baht a month for 5G of download at 3G speeds, free wifi but I pay for calls and messages.

I get through the 5G after a few weeks and then it's back to 'normal' speed, 128k I think.

Can anyone recommend a higher (5G+) internet usage package, preferably with some free calls and messages?

Thanks.

There are gazillions of promotions at any point in time so you really need to check the websites, social media and shops to get a feel for any current deals which might meet your requirements.

TrueMove H have a Pro package 10 GB/1,699 THB and a Jumbo, 90 GB/9,000 THB; they may also still have some double Net packages, and a lot of double/triple-play (mobile, TV, internet). DTAC may also still have some double Net promotions.

You can get another 1 GB for 150 THB with your current plan: *900*8903# send

Edited by lomatopo

TrueMove has a basic Internet package of 1gb for 199 baht... When that runs out you can top up aditional 1gb of high speed 3G for an additional 150 baht as many time as you like... Kind of a pain but still cheaper than what you got...

Edited by sfokevin

Picked up a TOT flyer from the Mobile Expo last month which I found intriguing. Their "X-Code" 3G packages offer high limits -- 10GB Bt 790 or 20GB Bt 990 (with speed downgrade). They even have unlimited (no speed downgrade) packages -- 1 Mbps Bt 1290 and 2 Mbps Bt 1590. 2 Mbps! Never knew 3G was capable of that kind of speed.

http://www.tot3g.net/Postpaid/Promotion/x-code.aspx#.VFeQwBYxjqM

The TOT network was consistently fast when I tried it a few years ago, possibly because the network may have been underutilised at the time. Not sure if it's still the same,

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Picked up a TOT flyer from the Mobile Expo last month which I found intriguing. Their "X-Code" 3G packages offer high limits -- 10GB Bt 790 or 20GB Bt 990 (with speed downgrade).

They even have unlimited (no speed downgrade) packages -- 1 Mbps Bt 1290 and 2 Mbps Bt 1590. 2 Mbps! Never knew 3G was capable of that kind of speed.

1 or 2 Mbps is very slow for 3G, maybe in remote areas, far from tower, or seriously packed, mass events..

Just like right now, late Fri night, Pattaya Beach Rd turned into regufee camp, sidewalk full of tents, and Beach Rd full of people wondering around, everyone having a smartphone, towers overwhelmed.

But even right now, Dtac 3G speedtest download results above 10 Mbps:

post-225090-0-33070200-1417205164_thumb.

Apparently I got MB and Mb mixed up. Anyway, talked to TOT reps again about their 10 and 20 MB plans, and they said those are much faster than their unlimited plans. Can't remember if it was more than 10 Mbps, but it seemed pretty high.

Sounds like DTAC has really fixed their bandwidth. Used their 3G a few years back and swore I'd never return. Glad they're back in the competition though,

The best is actually to call the operator for True vs AIS - The best packages never show on Internet - nor on the automated helpdesk.

I have AIS MaoMao399B - Unlimited 4608MB and Free Wifi 3 months for 399B. Can ONLY be applied by calling AIS #1175 and say "I want MaoMao399B Internet Package". Then apply a Voice Package depending on the amount separately. They also have other MaoMao-packages that is not specified for more data and including calls.

But on AIS website they only show 399B 1GB and no Call-package which is much worse!

I guess True will have something similar.

I have AIS MaoMao399B - Unlimited 4608MB and Free Wifi 3 months for 399B. Can ONLY be applied by calling AIS #1175 and say "I want MaoMao399B Internet Package".

This one? Is this one time 399b for 3 months or every month 399b?

• Internet Package ไม่จำกัด 399 บาท ใช้ความเร็วสูงสุดรวม 4.5 GB [พิเศษ เน็ต X3 จากปกติ 1.5 GB ] [ฟรี AIS WiFi ไม่จำกัด]
399 บ./เดือน (+vat =426.93 ) สมัครกด *777*985# โทรออก
Edited by hullupullo

True Move 'Unlimited' 10Gb, 4G, 899 thb pre payed.

Hi. Do you have a link to this package?

The most I can find on True's website is for 5Gb for 4G.

I don't have a link, but that is the plan I got.

Their iNet page had an offer of 3Gb 4G cost 399 plus tax, so 430 THB. I topped up, but then couldn't find the USSD code, and I called True 1331 to activate the 3Gb plan. Got a really nice True guy on tel, and he suggested 10Gb 4G for 899 THB, I topped up enough, called True again, said I want 10Gb, and this time some nice lady ftom True activated it on their side.

I have never seen a a True web site offering 10Gb of 4G at that privce.

Call them!

True Move 'Unlimited' 10Gb, 4G, 899 thb pre payed.

Hi. Do you have a link to this package?

The most I can find on True's website is for 5Gb for 4G.

Here it is! Another TV user posted it in another thread.

http://truemoveh.truecorp.co.th/4g/sim-truemoveh/prepaid/entry/3340?ln=en

What True Move page does say, is that they automatically double every package listed.

If you look at the last line in package pic, the 5Gb Unlimited becomes 10 Gb the moment you activate the package, cost is 899 b plus tax.

They doubled about 1 month ago, so maybe call the Call Center, to make sure the promotion to double the package is happening!

The 4G speed is as good as in Finland, in 1 year True has really improved, they were quite sucky last winter

• 2 weeks later...

DTAC offers unlimited at only 9THB/per day according to their app. Cannot beat that for value, but only catch is the speed is 0.5mbps all the time, maybe OK for many? Pity it cannot be faster! At least that is twice or more the speed you get when the caps set in on the other packages, so is my choice for now.

• 1 year later...

Need help finding the ussd code for Truemove 20Gb package, True used to post codes next to data plans on their web, of course it too good to last.

The data plan is here, last one, 20Gb:

http://truemoveh.truecorp.co.th/4g/packages/inet/entry/1246?ln=en

Maybe someone who uses this plan has the ussd, please!

20GB? What are you doing on your phone?? Or is it for home usage? Does it have to be with TRUE H? It looks like a PostPaid package.

Edited by Jiu-Jitsu

Need help finding the ussd code for Truemove 20Gb package, True used to post codes next to data plans on their web, of course it too good to last.

20GB? What are you doing on your phone?? Or is it for home usage? Does it have to be with TRUE H? It looks like a PostPaid package.

Youtube. I usually get the 12Gb plan cos half the time Im on wifi, but now several Truemove wifi spots are gone, like the one that covers area at Starbucks soi 13/1 Beach Rd. So I went through 12Gb in 2 weeks.

Guess have to call True to get the ussd code, I hate calling there, they always try to push some stupid promo of the week. I just like to top up and punch in the ussd.

Youtube. I usually get the 12Gb plan cos half the time Im on wifi, but now several Truemove wifi spots are gone, like the one that covers area at Starbucks soi 13/1 Beach Rd. So I went through 12Gb in 2 weeks.

Guess have to call True to get the ussd code, I hate calling there, they always try to push some stupid promo of the week. I just like to top up and punch in the ussd.

You didn't say if it had to be TRUE H. can you use another SIM? Would TRUE H have a USSD code for a PostPaid plan? I think not.

PM on the way.

You didn't say if it had to be TRUE H. can you use another SIM? Would TRUE H have a USSD code for a PostPaid plan? I think not.

PM on the way.

Thank you! But yes, Id like to stay with True, can't be bothered to move my tel number to another carrier, and Id like to keep my current tel Nr.

Link to True is pre paid plans, here is ussd for the 12Gb plan that costs 799thb wo tax:

*900*8820#

For anybody new True prepaid data plans, get a True sim, top up 850thb, and dial the ussd code, the code activates the data plan, True sends confirmation sms and wifi access for their hotspots, username is your tel Nr and password is 4 digit number incl in sms.

Edited by whitemouse

PM on the way.

Thank you! But yes, Id like to stay with True, can't be bothered to move my tel number to another carrier, and Id like to keep my current tel Nr.

Link to True is pre paid plans.

I think that it is not. But let me know if I was wrong. I rarely am. smile.png

I have used the 12Gb plan on that page for several months, it is pre paid and it that plans ussd is *900*8820#

So 20Gb plan ussd is very likely 8840 instead of 8820.

Gonna call them right now.. Oh how I dont want to lol

Actually, you have not. It's just a similar plan. But it isn't the plan that you see on that page.

The plan you see on that page is iNet PostPaid, double package. 6GB + 6GB. Slowing down to 128kbps.

The plan that you have been utilising is Prepaid triple bonus. In other words the basic plan is 4GB, but they gave you 12GB. Slowing down to 384kbps. Though now they just bill it as 12GB Prepaid topping.

See? http://truemoveh.truecorp.co.th/topping/4g_package_en.html

Edited by Jiu-Jitsu

Yup, you are rarely wrong, and you were not wrong this time too, 12Gb is max I can get, and thankfully no phone call needed for it. Its the street noise, cant hear the menues.. right now the traffic and Hooters blasting music, luckily not a live band that they sometimes have, those evenings it is not humaly possible to sit at Starbucks terrace lol.

And when I get to the Hold part with True call, I manage to touch phone screen to my cheek, so back to dialing the call center.

Now I'm debating whether to renew the plan, the 380kbs connection is enough for YT and Liveleak video stream.

Slightly off topic, but after finding a suitable internet provider, a phone with a decent battery life comes in handy. I've just received a Homtom HT6 which has a 6250mAh battery and can last 3 days or more without charging smile.png

http://www.banggood.com/HOMTOM-HT6-5_5-inch-Quad-core-2GB-RAM-16GB-ROM-6250mAh-PE-Fast-Charger-Android-5_1-4G-Smartphone-p-999717.html?p=JQ26191551677201504Z