Thai Smile website in Thai script

tartempion

Ha, tried to book a Thai Smile flight for early November and although I see a button for English languge top right somewhere the text remains in Thai until you get to the flight select/fare screen where they ask 1350B to Udon Thani, THAT screen is full American English as the text shows.

I tried to change the language at no avail. Also remember a few months back after choosing flight could not pay with my credit card, did not get this far this time.

OK, switched to Air Asia and NOK, AA 690B++, preferred the NOK all in price of 888B promotion.

Ha, tried to book a Thai Smile flight for early November and although I see a button for English languge top right somewhere the text remains in Thai until you get to the flight select/fare screen where they ask 1350B to Udon Thani, THAT screen is full American English as the text shows.

I tried to change the language at no avail. Also remember a few months back after choosing flight could not pay with my credit card, did not get this far this time.

OK, switched to Air Asia and NOK, AA 690B++, preferred the NOK all in price of 888B promotion.

but even with NOK you need to undo some additional baggage kgs and insurance, watch out there!

What can one expect, as Thai Smile isn't part of an established competently-run airline, but a newbie start-up ... erm, oops, forget that I posted that ! wink.png

Or perhaps it's only supposed to be used by locals, leaving rich hi-so farang quality-tourists to the likes of the national-carrier, at higher prices, which they won't notice ? whistling.gif

Although I can read Thai, I've noticed that the default page for THAI Smile is in English, just like the mainline carrier. Reading these comments about how the page is in Thai and you can't switch confuses me. I've also made bookings on THAI Smile and when I went to the main page, which was in English and made a booking, everything was in English until the end. Personally I don't care either way as I can read Thai so I will simply proceed with the booking directly in whatever language the website is in (either English or Thai).

I've noticed that Thai language functionality is actually a more recent phenomenon anyway - some years back I don't think that the mainline THAI carrier even offered a Thai language version of it's website (strange considering that English is not one of the official languages of Thailand nor can most Thais read English either), but that's the way it was until the THAI website was re-designed and re-launched 6-8 years ago or whenever it was.

Same thing on boarding passes - only English for a while, then bilingual for a few years and now back to only English. Can someone explain that to me?

In China you would never have any company drop Chinese, and thus all airlines have Chinese on their boarding passes in addition to English, why not in Thailand?

I booked a flight last week and had no problems changing the default Thai to English in the Chrome browser. Just clicked the English button.

Got a cheap domestic flight incl 20 kg luggage.

Never received email confirmation from Thai Smile but I remembered to print out the confirmation page and you can look up the booking on their website using booking ID.

Tried them once domestic and actually liked them better than Thai Air.

Edited by martin81

Although I can read Thai, I've noticed that the default page for THAI Smile is in English,<snip>

Default is in Thai, but can be changed to English.

Yesterday though that was not the case, was Thai and remained Thai, even after changing the website to English.