U.k. Immigration Corruption Is Rife

This wil prove to be the reality of the Governnment department that deigns to mainly not but sometimes issue visas for the companions of U.K. citizens.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/em/-/1/hi/uk_politics/5219582.stm

I guess 'the boys' should just post where in Bangkok you have to pay the money, saves filling in all those forms!!!!! :o:D

Edited by fisherd3

15 people being fired and then investigated for corruption is pretty damning but in the overall scheme I wonder what percentage of staff that work in the department that actually relates to, not that will have much relevance if you have been refused for any reason, particularly what might appear as unreasonable behaviour.

Give Reid a chance, I say, he inherited a department that 'was not fit for purpose,' it will take time to put some semblance of order in place, time will tell.

Moss

....I wonder what percentage of staff that work in the department that actually relates to...

When I last worked for the Home Office, which was 2002, IND then had 10,000 staff on their books. If anything, it's probably a bit higher now.

Scouse.

So a very small percentage, then.

I cannot understand why certain posters here seem determined to do all they can to make people believe that obtaining a UK visa is virtually impossible, even stooping to using the conjecture of two well known anti-immigrant politicians to 'prove' their misinformation, when the facts clearly show the opposite to be the case!

Yes its a farce , but the serious bit is that , in its usual knee-jerk reaction to the media (not public opinion but the media) the govt will over react and thus genuine applicants will suffer as indeed they already sometimes do.

GU22 getting any visa (certainly from Bangkok ) is never easy but its true that using known anti- immigration politicians to make a point is plain daft.

I don't think your remarks were addressed at me , however i don't think anyone is suggesting getting a visa is "virtually impossible" are they ?What some people are saying , including myself , is that it is sometimes made too difficult and unpleasant.

Unfortunately the current over - reaction in the British press to these immigration farces can only have one result. The government will appease their friend Rupert Murdoch by making the process even more difficult and unpleasant.

The big difference between the UK and Thailand is that when corruption is found in the UK, all those caught will end up in jail. Even government ministers have been arrested. In Thailand it really depends on who you know and how much money you have. In a department as big and unwieldly as the home office, I don't think you could eliminate corruption totally. Just too many people to keep an eye on.