Wanted ..... Pug or a Golden Retriever

I am based in Bangkok and my family have decided on one of these two dogs. I know I could just go to JJ Market but I just don't trust these sellers. Our other choice is a Boxer but they seem very few and far between here.

To be honest whichever breed of dog we get it will be loved and treated like one of the family. Any help would be most welcome.

My vote is Golden but you might have guessed from my Avatar, I used to raise them, Absolutely wonderful dogs especially if you have children.

we have a golden living by us or should i say existing.she is left to roam the main rd.from am.to am.and she is so freindly.she has tried on many occasions to make freinds with our boy but as she mixes with soi dogs ect.i am very fearfull of ours picking up something.i would recomend ours but you have to be on 24/7 with them and there is also the care with them as they have a double coat.so take wayned's advice.

That's quite some different choices of dog. About 20kg of difference when they reach adulthood. There is also a huge difference in the amount of exercise needed with the Golden requiring far more. Cost to keep for a Golden would also be considerably higher needing far more food. Median life span is similar.

I've never had a Pug but have owned Golden and Flat-Coated Retrievers and Labradors all of which have been loving family pets, great with kids. The Golden requires the most work as its long hair needs constant brushing. Great fun at the beach and very easy to train. I would think the choice would come down to where you live and your lifestyle. I don't think a Golden would be too happy if locked up in a Condo all day and didn't get a least an hours walk daily with at least once a week trips to the beach for a swim.

• Like 1

That's quite some different choices of dog. About 20kg of difference when they reach adulthood. There is also a huge difference in the amount of exercise needed with the Golden requiring far more. Cost to keep for a Golden would also be considerably higher needing far more food. Median life span is similar.

I've never had a Pug but have owned Golden and Flat-Coated Retrievers and Labradors all of which have been loving family pets, great with kids. The Golden requires the most work as its long hair needs constant brushing. Great fun at the beach and very easy to train. I would think the choice would come down to where you live and your lifestyle. I don't think a Golden would be too happy if locked up in a Condo all day and didn't get a least an hours walk daily with at least once a week trips to the beach for a swim.

Yes, I am aware of the difference in size and weight thanks. Having own dogs before such as Yorkshire Terriers to great danes.

My question wasn't one of which one should I get but does anyone know Where other than JJ Market.

I àlso live in a house and not a Condo. Thanks for your replies thus far.

Yes, I am aware of the difference in size and weight thanks. Having own dogs before such as Yorkshire Terriers to great danes.

My question wasn't one of which one should I get but does anyone know Where other than JJ Market.

I àlso live in a house and not a Condo. Thanks for your replies thus far.

And every other reply in this topic was about the choice of dog not where to buy. On that score you seem to be on your own.

Watch the Thai Visa ads

There was an ad for a Golden Retriever puppy a couple of days ago... give me a minute and I might be able to find it.......

OK, here it is......

http://classifieds.thaivisa.com/hobbies/pets-and-gardening/high-quality-yellow-labrador-retriever-puppy-ready-for-new-home-298890.html

Thanks Langsuan looks like we have a puppy in our family.

In reply to someone who said labs need more exercise I disagree with that. I've owned pugs in the past and they can be very high energy when they are young and need a lot of exercise due to their tendancy to put on weight easily, I hate it when people think just because they are small dogs they don't need much exercise because they really do, their weight can really have negative affects on their health due to their short nose. Of course they have shorter legs so don't cover as much distance as a lab would but I would say they need walking just as much and as often. Anyway off topic a bit sorry!

• Like 2

Watch the Thai Visa ads

There was an ad for a Golden Retriever puppy a couple of days ago... give me a minute and I might be able to find it.......

OK, here it is......

http://classifieds.thaivisa.com/hobbies/pets-and-gardening/high-quality-yellow-labrador-retriever-puppy-ready-for-new-home-298890.html

Thanks Langsuan looks like we have a puppy in our family.

Pics, please. Although, vdo-clips are even nicer. :D