Tobacco Shops in Chiang Mai

Beng

The booze/beer/ liquor shop on the phucome intersection sells most tobacco products near dunkin donuts on huay kaew road .

Thanks, is that on Huay Kaew before you get to Nimmanhemin Rd. ??

There is 2 places one just past dunkin donuts on the left just past the rote place but before the noodle shop they sell thai tobacco .

and the other one is on the corner opposite the dentist i am sure they both sell the thai stuff failing that i am sure there was a shop just before riders corner that used to sell thai tobacco.

The booze/beer/ liquor shop on the phucome intersection sells most tobacco products near dunkin donuts on huay kaew road .

Thanks, is that on Huay Kaew before you get to Nimmanhemin Rd. ??

it's past the nimman junction and at the next major junction and traffic lights towards the mountain, the junction with canal road. you need to do a u-turn at that traffic light and the bottle shop is immediately there on your left.

It's a bit of a drive, but Tuesday mornings there is a large market in Chiang Dao (until the turn of the new year) right on the main road. There is a man there who sells kilo bricks of Thai tobacco. The market is very interesting to visit as most of the shoppers are from the various Hill tribes in the area, and the mix of the different costumes makes for a delightful morning's excursion. Closer to home, inside Warrarote Market, there is a table selling tobacco as well as beetle nut packets.

It's a bit of a drive, but Tuesday mornings there is a large market in Chiang Dao (until the turn of the new year) right on the main road. There is a man there who sells kilo bricks of Thai tobacco. The market is very interesting to visit as most of the shoppers are from the various Hill tribes in the area, and the mix of the different costumes makes for a delightful morning's excursion. Closer to home, inside Warrarote Market, there is a table selling tobacco as well as beetle nut packets.

Thanks for that, a bit out of way indeed. Will have a look when in the area.

Where in Warorot is it ?? First or second block from the river ?

There is a liquor shop at the Chang Klan Rd night-bazaar almost opposite the Dusit D2 Hotel.

My favorite is Asia Gold 190.-THB per pack.

Look for the big red sign above the shop , Johnnie walker or Smirnoff , can not remember

Good luck

Thanks, been there already. They havn't got what I'm looking for. Seems that the shop on Moomuang has a monopoly on this tobacco.

if you want the 5 bath tobacco you need to have a look at the small mom and pop shops. Menthol or normal in a small plastic zip-lock back ( terrible to smoke )

The one I like is called Premium. It is similar to Samson or Drum Mild, but costs only 35 Baht. Excellent quality.

For the 5 Baht one, I agree it's awful.

Edited by Beng

Thanks for this forum I didn't know there is a Thai rolling tobacco! Hope there are better than Krong tip

The best known Thai rolling tobacco is probably Asia Gold. It's OK, but quite strong. Price has gone up from 150 to 190 now.

• Like 1

I am looking for THAI rolling tobacco, not the imported ones.

Warorot market, inside the big building, ground floor. Following your nose you won't miss it. It's called in Thai (pronounced) "Yaa soop".

It's the stuff the farmers smoke in their big yellow/brown "joints" (No no ... it's real - and only - tobacco).