Up market Bar Pattaya ?

merlen10002

Best by far is the bar in the Mata Hari Restaurant. Extensive selection of spirits fine wines and they can properly make cocktails. Smoking is permitted, but no view.

The restaurant is really excellent.

• Like 2

Best by far is the bar in the Mata Hari Restaurant. Extensive selection of spirits fine wines and they can properly make cocktails. Smoking is permitted, but no view.

I look forward to visiting.

I'm a bit prejudiced as Danny California is playing at Spasso's on Sundays now and he's fantastic! Nothing like that here in Pattaya. Except at The Mood, in Pratumnak. Great place to listen to the Blues Thursday thru Sunday.

Other nice bars (could be hit and miss though) would be Hard Rock, Holiday Inn, Futurama (Jomtien, top floor with a wonderful view), Dusit D2, perhaps the Jazz Pit at PIC. Some good music at Leos in Nakula when they have their jam night also, but it's just an open air beer bar.

Unfortunately, here in Pattaya, we don't have the options you've got in Bangkok.

Thanks for that, but smoking is no good, filthy stench when eating food really bad, I want a very up market restaurant with a bar entertainment and dancing like they have in some of the big hotels in Bangkok, but don't think Pattaya has any.

• Like 1

I'm a bit prejudiced as Danny California is playing at Spasso's on Sundays now and he's fantastic! Nothing like that here in Pattaya. Except at The Mood, in Pratumnak. Great place to listen to the Blues Thursday thru Sunday.

Other nice bars (could be hit and miss though) would be Hard Rock, Holiday Inn, Futurama (Jomtien, top floor with a wonderful view), Dusit D2, perhaps the Jazz Pit at PIC. Some good music at Leos in Nakula when they have their jam night also, but it's just an open air beer bar.

Unfortunately, here in Pattaya, we don't have the options you've got in Bangkok.

Thanks for that, I lived in Bangkok for 3 years before coming to Pattaya, Pattaya lacks a lot of things,

If smoking is permitted then that puts it at the bottom of the heap as far as i am concerned.

• Like 2

Mood and Hard Rock for sure don't allow smoking. Not sure about the others though. I would guess Furama also as they group that told me about the place won't go where smoking is allowed.

oops....looks like Furama has changed names again. It's now D Varee Jomtien Beach. Bar is on the roof and from what I hear has amazing views. The Hilton also has a roof top bar with great views.

Thanks for that, I lived in Bangkok for 3 years before coming to Pattaya, Pattaya lacks a lot of things,

Of course it is lacking lots of things, BKK being the capital etc.

I'm sure there are plenty of high end bars in Pattaya, there are certainly some excellent restaurants.

:)

If smoking is permitted then that puts it at the bottom of the heap as far as i am concerned.

Thanks for that, but smoking is no good, filthy stench when eating food really bad, I want a very up market restaurant with a bar entertainment and dancing like they have in some of the big hotels in Bangkok, but don't think Pattaya has any.

From memory I think the bar area and restaurant are separated from each other.

smile.png

Edited by davethailand

a bit off topic but who is Danny California?

I've seen the name mentioned a couple of times now.

smile.png

Danny is an American who is a musician. He use to play in Beijing (among many other places), and now around various venues here in Bangkok. Not sure how to describe his style. Very unique, but definitely blues. Great entertainer. Now playing at Spasso's at the Grand Hyatt. Nice man.

smile.png

Danny is an American who is a musician. He use to play in Beijing (among many other places), and now around various venues here in Bangkok. Not sure how to describe his style. Very unique, but definitely blues. Great entertainer. Now playing at Spasso's at the Grand Hyatt. Nice man.

Gotcha, thanks for that.

The bar is separate from the restaurant and it's meant more for cigar smoking with proper air filters. It's a very classy place.

I don't believe there is a such a place you describe.

The bar is separate from the restaurant and it's meant more for cigar smoking with proper air filters. It's a very classy place.

I don't believe there is a such a place you describe.

Hard Rock is very similar to Spasso's. We've had some great nights there with some really good live music.

I don't know about the bar at the Holiday Inn, but I've heard good things about it. Mood is very similar also, but quite small and not associated with a hotel.

For something a bit different, try Siam at Siam. Very interesting hotel, very unique bars and I love the roof top bar with swimming pool. The views are stunning. Not sure about the music and dancing scene though.

Dave is right. At Mata Hari smoking allowed in the bar. Restaurant is separate. Great food.

Mood: I looked for that a few weeks ago but must have driven right by. Was really in the mood for some blues.

Mood is not easy to find. It's almost at the end of the soi just before you get to the beach. Maybe 150m or so, on the right as you are headed to the beach and in the first floor of a large apartment building.

I haven't been to the Spasso for many years, but remember it being loaded with freelancers. If you consider this "classy", beach Road might be your thing.

I'd like to throw also the lounge into the hat, nice stylish place, no hookers (at least at the moment....) and live music on Sundays.

smile.png

Have know Danny for many years and he was the resident drummer and musical director at Ritz Carlton in Beijing for many years, is a great singer, a current leader of a blues band in Spasso's Bangkok, a guitarist and all round good guy with a wicked sense of humour. He is well known in the Bangkok jazz and blues scene and is in Pattaya this week making guest appearances at the Mood (tonight) and the Lounge ( last Wednesday).

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Dave is right. At Mata Hari smoking allowed in the bar. Restaurant is separate. Great food.
Mood: I looked for that a few weeks ago but must have driven right by. Was really in the mood for some blues.

Mood is not easy to find. It's almost at the end of the soi just before you get to the beach. Maybe 150m or so, on the right as you are headed to the beach and in the first floor of a large apartment building.

Surprised Mood hasn't got the location out there a bit more, I used to get complaints about my old location and that was much easier to find.

smile.png

Have know Danny for many years and he was the resident drummer and musical director at Ritz Carlton in Beijing for many years, is a great singer, a current leader of a blues band in Spasso's Bangkok, a guitarist and all round good guy with a wicked sense of humour. He is well known in the Bangkok jazz and blues scene and is in Pattaya this week making guest appearances at the Mood (tonight) and the Lounge ( last Wednesday).

He was asking about you tonight. thumbsup.gif