Portrait Professional software

That's a pretty amazing transformation there FG.

The original photo is excellent,but the editing you did with portrait professional certainly takes it to another level.

Who I am to judge.....but maybe the whites of her eyes are just that little bit too white.

Is the software as quick and easy to use as they say on their website?

Also if I may,seeing as you opened the topic about portraits.When taking a portrait image,what part of the face to you focus on? Is it the eyes?

• Like 1

Always but always focus in the eyes. Golden rule #1.

I whitened the eyes purposely as a point of concentration

Bet ya if you hadn't seen the original this woulldn't have been so obvious. (Maybe) ?

Real easy to use, the "transformation" took about 3-5 minutes max.

p.s. golden rule #2 when taking a woman's portrait is convert it to a mirror image - think about it! I'm serious.

Edited by fimgirl

Thanks for that advice FG.The eyes on your second image certainly draw you in.

To tell you the truth it was difficult to look at the two images side by side ,I literally had to place my hand over the face of the first portrait

so I could get the full impact of the second one......I must admit you got me a bit lost regarding converting to a mirror image,help a dumb

fool out will ya and explain more by what you mean by that.Even if it does give me a faceslap moment facepalm.gif

The clue is the word "mirror".

The only time you see yourself as others do is in a photograph. All other times you're seeing a "mirror" image. A reflection.

As such the "normal" image is a surprise as it's unusual.

Extend this further.

A woman spends most of her life looking in a mirror. Give her a "normal" photograph and she won't recognise herself. It's backwards!

Provide a "mirror" image and she will immediately identify the "scene"

Men don't seem to mind so much (obviously)

Gleaned from my old mentor in the '60's

Aaaarghhh!! Women's logic,...........

That sent a little shiver down my spine,would sooner dance in a pit of vipers rather than try to unravel that mystery (apologies for being sexist)

But I can however see the logic in it and will give it a try and I am glad I asked what you meant,something else learned today.

Sorry for throwing your thread off track FG,back to the original topic.Portrait Professional software.

Actually, I am not impressed at all with this. Looks more or less like a mixture of surface blur and sharpening in combination with some high pass.

What makes these images become "plastic" is the lack of frequency separation. I would learn to process images in photoshop if I wanted a good result rather than this.

I would start here: