decent bi-lingual thai state school in pattaya

dirtycash

hi

any of you guys got kids who go to a thai state school. what are they like ? my child is 5 year old , she was born in uk but spent few years on and off in isaan ( village life ) she loved it in isann. she is a fluent thai - english speaker. wife is tinkering with idea of " maybe " going back sometime for a while.

so just a thought of what schools would be best for her if wifey did move back to pattaya. heard some horror stories about thai state schools but there are plenty of farang who im sure send their kids there.

we could never afford st andrews or any other international school so that is totally out of the question. obviously our daughters education is important and that is the reson why we have kept her in he uk for school but if anyone thinks it wouldnt do her any harm going to thai school then we want to hear your opinions

thanks

There are many Thai private schools in and around Pattaya. These cost nowhere as much as the International ones. They probably won't be bilingual but should have English on the curriculum. Many luk krungs go to them. E.g. Aksorn on Soi Khopai 4.

Edited by Keesters

Bumping this thread; I am not sure if any state school can claim to be bi-lingual but I would reckon that some handle their English teaching quota better than others no? There must be some more members that don't have their kids enrolled in private education?

Alternately, how about the Thai private schools like Aksorn, Maryvit and Assumption in Sri Racha? Are their fees lower than the likes of Regent and (further afield) St Andrews? Is their English-teaching/ teaching in English abilities commensurate with the higher fees? I would assume they are more expensive than state schools but lower than International private schools?

Thai state schools are as good as all the other schools in Thailand.

Not so good.

My daughter is doing fine in a state school.

She learned very quickly not to correct her English teachers.

If you want your children to have a good education, not in Thailand.

But... the OP isn't asking about getting the best overseas education for his kid while he lives (works) in Thailand now is he?

We all know that the Thai educational system totally sucks is 'different'. But that's not up for discussion here.

Now, if your daughter is doing well in a state school and that school is in Pattaya, then naming the school will be a lot more helpful.

• Like 1

I am asking is anyone got child allready in state school. What is your opinions on state schools. Surely someone on this forum has a luk krung at thai state school . As i say international schools are way out of my budget

I am asking is anyone got child allready in state school. What is your opinions on state schools. Surely someone on this forum has a luk krung at thai state school . As i say international schools are way out of my budget

My stepson is luk khrueng & when living in East Pattaya sent him to local State School, total waste of time for Thai education and English skills.

A low cost school in Pattaya area, that also teaches English which has a reasonable reputation with local Thais is Wat Phou Sampan (phonetic spelling) in Naklua. Costs around 30k baht a year, plus uniform and books

My stepson is luk khrueng & when living in East Pattaya sent him to local State School, total waste of time for Thai education and English skills.

A low cost school in Pattaya area, that also teaches English which has a reasonable reputation with local Thais is Wat Phou Sampan (phonetic spelling) in Naklua. Costs around 30k baht a year, plus uniform and books

Now this is the info the OP and others can use. Since the phonetics are iffy, where is it located in Naklua?

Now this is the info the OP and others can use. Since the phonetics are iffy, where is it located in Naklua?

Heading from Dolphin Roundabout towards Naklua roughly 1.5 - 2 k on the left hand side, large school so should be easy to locate

Heading from Dolphin Roundabout towards Naklua roughly 1.5 - 2 k on the left hand side, large school so should be easy to locate

That's Photi Samphan Phitthayakhan School just off Naklua Soi 16. I will ask the wife if she has heard good things. We used to live real close on Soi Potisan.

My first-ever Thai girlfriends sister was a fresh-faced teacher there back in 1979. Maybe she's the headmistress by now.

That's Photi Samphan Phitthayakhan School just off Naklua Soi 16. I will ask the wife if she has heard good things. We used to live real close on Soi Potisan.

My first-ever Thai girlfriends sister was a fresh-faced teacher there back in 1979. Maybe she's the headmistress by now.

Yes, that's the school, two members of extended family attended, another one starting soon. I think minimum entry age is 13, you would have to check, both family members went on to Uni in BKK. One is now in marketing travelling around Asia, earns approx 150k baht a month