Getting an Ed Visa - where's best?

Hi

Rather than continually harassing the ever helpful UbonJoe I thought that I'd throw this question out there.

I just received the bunch of documents from the MoE, so I'm ready to head off to get my Ed Visa (or extension?).

I'm based in Bangkok and wondered what destination is the easiest/cheapest to get to (fly) and that offers the most hassle free process?

Also, how long does the process take? Can it be done in a day?

I intend to head off on Sunday.

Cheers

Mick

Yea, thanks Paz, but it seems awkward to get to (bit of a lazy git). Flight then bus, then tuk-tuk etc.

I was hoping that someone had experience of somewhere more 'direct' (KL is a no-no, Penang having problems, Singapore seems difficult)

Anyway, thanks for the advice.

You can throw your money into a directl fly to Vientane or Savannakhet with Laos airlines if you want.

Or hire a car, all depends by personal budget and habits.

Edited by paz

It was 4 years ago but I got mine in Phnom Penn

Put it in on a Tuesday and collected Thursday although i'm sure if you use one of the agents they could probably get it done quicker

Watch out because from reports Phnom Pehn is now requiring 25 hours a week study for ED visa.

It has never been a good destination for visa runs anyway.

hmmm....8k for a direct flight to Savanaket sounds interesting., Top of the list so far. Thanks for the

OK, understand about Phnom Phen. Don't want to risk it.

I have a car - considered driving up there but it's too far.

Cheers

Nok Air and Air Asia have a fly/ride service to Mukdahan.

You can also get the ED visa in Vientiane where it is next day service. Making the application of Tuesday or Wednesday are the least busy days.

Check Lao Southern airways for flights to Vientiane.

(My fiancee Ugandan. I cannot marry, not being able to afford divorce from my Thai wife, who got a new relation …)

Actually you can get divorce immediately based of wife's fault. That's Thai law.

Not to recommend that you marry again.

Thanks all.

I've booked a flight to Savanakhet on Monday. Hopefully drop application in Tuesday morning and collect it Tuesday afternoon, then fly back to Bangkok on Wednesday.

Any recommendations for a hotel. Savanakhet looks quiet!? Guess that there's nothing really to do there (apart from drink beer - which suits me).

Mick

Do not go to Vientiane, there is somewhere else in Laos which I am sure will or has been mentioned which I forget the name of, they turn over the same day. I have been to Penang and that was a lot easier than Vientiane, the consulate in Vientiane had around 300 people on the day I went and that is considered rather quiet, when I went to Penang 3 years ago there was about 20-25, things may have changed there now though I do not know.

Hi monk. Hopefully you're thinking of Savanakhet! That's where I booked my flight too!

That's the one, less people and a one day turn around, all equates to less hassle and trust me, Vientiane ED visa was a fair bit of hassle. Good luck anyways, make sue your school has every document required and remember your passport pictures.