DNA test will clear my son: Koh Tao headman

webfact

• Replies 515
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LATEST

DNA testing of Varot Toovichien, the son of influential Koh Tao village headman and owner of AC Bar on the resort island, by the Institute of Forensic Medicine of the Police General Hospital showed no match with the DNA samples found on the slain British backpacker Ms Hannah Witheridge, and samples collected at other scenes.

But the police said they have to wait for the testing results of three other hospitals, Chulalongkorn, Siriraj, and Ramathibodi.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/70152/

thaipbs_logo.jpg

-- Thai PBS 2014-10-31

Well Well....... What a shock.... We never saw that coming (extreme sarcasm).

You can put the test through 1000 Thai hospitals. Nobody will change their mind until the test is 100% independent of corrupt Thailand.

"Well Well....... What a shock.... We never saw that coming (extreme sarcasm)."

Your "mild" sarcasm was appreciated hence the 'likes', however, no need to add an advisory (in brackets).

Regardless of what Oscar Wilde once remarked on sarcasm , we often only use it to make a point.

I have just been looking at some clips you tube the first clip shows the police going to the crime scene and inspecting the hoe lying on the beach next to a condom.

The second youtube clips shows the hoe in a different area with a small fence around it .

Wouldn't the pollice take the hoe away for forensics ?

I hope the mods will allow these clips to put these clips up as it is a very important part of this case,

1st clip

https://www.youtube.com /watch?v=MUExdYSpmNw

2nd clip

https://www.youtube.com /watch?v=47OYkmyOLP4

How about pointing out the time stamps. In the two different vidoes, I simply see two different angles of pictures of the hoe and another where the police clearly have moved the hoe as they are swabbing it for blood or DNA.

And what purpose does this serve? Making speculation and guesses on things we don't know the facts or circumstances around. While I see nothing showing the hoe in two different positions except when it is being tested, what if it was moved? Are you going to start coming up with theories of how and why it was moved rather than accepting we don't know and there would be no reason for us to know. This something defense will bring up in trial, assuming the two don't plead guilty, if their is legitimate questions or has any meaning at all.

let other people be the judge it looks to me like it has been moved and is a different position.

The crime scene investigation served no purpose other than to ensure no one could ever be definitively convicted or cleared of this crime. The hoe was likely moved to a different position, wiped clean, soaked in Burmese immigrant bath water, bagged up and placed in the victims suit case, then behind the house of an immigrant worker, then re-deposited at the crime scene two days later just in time for the forensic investigator to look at it while having free tea at a guest house near the scene. The forensic investigation team picked up the hoe from the beach, swabbed it with a cotton swab and then returned it to the beach. Sent to forensic investigator lab where highly trained workers could smell Burmese DNA. “Smells like Asian DNA, definitely not Thai… wait, yes, definitely Burmese immigrant workers.” The only valid DNA that would be retrieved from that hoe is sand crab DNA.

Edited by CapFarmer

in this case young man's life is ruined for long time by bunch of midle aged couch detectives with out nothing better to do and whom have no real knowledge of eny of the matter.

Such forums like this thaivisa.com where all these smart as idiots accusing people publicly of things just bcase what they think or what they read from shit papers or internet what is published so people get interested,living pattaya with bought bar girl friend does not make u expert of thailand .... Some of you shud be very shamed of your selfs .

Its normal that people sue if they been caught of slander and spreading false rumours.

I would certaily!!

Feel free to PM me, Mr. Lawyer of Nom Lek.

I'll sure show up to meet you, and show you what the scum you represent is worth, be he 679th in line to the throne or 1,562nd inline, through the blue blood of his papa.

Come. Pls come. I'll do you for slander too, for what you just equally slandered and spread a rumour about all of us being idiots married to Pattay girlfriends. Be careful where you meet though.... you may not often know who you are dealing with!

But you're not really who you pretend you are, are you? cheesy.gif

The only idiot married to a Pattaya gf in this post is yourself! clap2.gif

You wanna bring it... you'll sure get back a lot worse than you bargained for! PM .... we'll meet.

• Like 2

Thai news reporting this guy's DNA isn't a match with that found on the victims.

Now there is a surprise, was there ever any doubt that it wasn't going to match ?....this is just the next act/performance in this circus/soap opera, more to come I am sure

so here are my questions ?

if the proof they have on the Burmese is so conclusive and iron clad, why hasn't this matter been in front of a court already even a preliminary hearing ?

Why have the prosecutors knock the RTP police reports/evidence back so many times ?

if the case against them is so strong, this matter should have been done and dusted a while back

• Like 1

x30246653-01_big.jpg.pagespeed.ic.mjNtP0

That pic is taken thru a glass window. Why?

And what's with the Chief and Headman's hardened gazes? It's that supposed to be don't <deleted?k with us?

How many times did they DNA test him. There's other foootage of him being tested by a lady...

Would it be too much to ask to let the british Authorities test him, just for peace of mind...

I get the feeling Thai police can't even trust their own BS if they think testing through 4 of their own are doing the tests...

Why is Daddy there, isn't this man 22 years old?

Where is the other brother in all this...

What a farce..

Boycott these mafia scum who think they are untouchable..

• Like 1

How many rapists use a condom ? Unless he knew he was going to kill her 1st, but then why would he leave there ?

I think it is more common than most people would think. Pretty well know case in USA, the rapist tried to claim that the fact that he wore a condom was proof that the sex was consensual.

For those who think Nomsod is guilty of rape I have a query. If he was guilty he must be very, very sure the British authorities don't have a DNA sample from when Hannah's body was returned otherwise he 's just hung himself.

It seems folks here can't be sure as to whether the UK medics could extract a sample, so how can he be so sure?

The 4 hospitals now possess 4 samples of DNA from Nomsod and the 4 hospitals had to compare it to the official DNA taken from Hannah.Not being a man of science my question is can the hospitals know that the official DNA originated from sperm? if so could the lawyers of the Burmese suspects ask Ramathipbodi hospital to compare the official DNA to see if it matches the suspects' DNA.? Assuming the suspects haven't engaged in any voluntary or forced sexual activity since the crime the DNA, if proven to come from sperm couldn't be theirs unless they did rape Hannah.

in this case young man's life is ruined for long time by bunch of midle aged couch detectives with out nothing better to do and whom have no real knowledge of eny of the matter.

Such forums like this thaivisa.com where all these smart as idiots accusing people publicly of things just bcase what they think or what they read from shit papers or internet what is published so people get interested,living pattaya with bought bar girl friend does not make u expert of thailand .... Some of you shud be very shamed of your selfs .

Its normal that people sue if they been caught of slander and spreading false rumours.

I would certaily!!

Feel free to PM me, Mr. Lawyer of Nom Lek.

I'll sure show up to meet you, and show you what the scum you represent is worth, be he 679th in line to the throne or 1,562nd inline, through the blue blood of his papa.

Come. Pls come. I'll do you for slander too, for what you just equally slandered and spread a rumour about all of us being idiots married to Pattay girlfriends. Be careful where you meet though.... you may not often know who you are dealing with!

But you're not really who you pretend you are, are you? cheesy.gif

The only idiot married to a Pattaya gf in this post is yourself! clap2.gif

You wanna bring it... you'll sure get back a lot worse than you bargained for! PM .... we'll meet.

As much as Islandlife is being an arse, your being just as big an arse in your post and attempting to be a keyboard hard man as well to boot...so stop being such a twot and grow up

• Like 1

Yet another thread with the same arguments. Getting a bit boresome to seek thru them for factual information whistling.gif

I'd say it is already a "mission impossible" for the ex-kamnans family to alleviate any rumour mongering, but everyone concerting 100% guilt, should double-check that their statements are based on facts, not rumours.

The "tinfoil"-mentality won't do the poor victims' families any more justice, if everything is based on just unsubstantiated hearsay.

Let's hear what the UK investigators have to say, when they're ready with their 'observatory inquiries', and be adamant that a fair trial and due process takes place - the prosecutors throwing curve balls to RTP case findings is a suggestion that such due process is indeed having place. This DNA-testing has no bearing, and could be listed as a publicity stunt, at least according to RTP, as well as it gives the ex-kamnans family ammunition to demand heads to roll and get even more wealthy, just based on Thai law, and I doubt that would be benefitial to anybody. Just my few baht... wai.gif

Now we wait for Scotland Yard. I doubt they came here to make them check the DNA and there are plenty of ways to skin a cat. Even if it leads to nothing the inquest's findings will have a fair impact on the international view of Thailand. If the RTP or Thai government has any doubts about what they have just done then they might want to consider that Scotland Yard might well have "appeared" to be "just observing" and there may well be more to come. As I have said before I don't think Scotland Yard has much to lose and if the UK cared about their relationship with Thailand so much then they wouldn't even have coughed let alone cornered Prayuth on his first true international political engagement.

I have just looked at the UK trading partners data for 2011 (I'm sure there are more recent datasets if I dig deeper but I am not paying and I doubt too much has changed). Thailand does not make the top 25 partner countries in either imports or exports. This tells me that there is little weight in worrying about how this will affect relations. There is not too much to lose by stating their findings publicly. Indeed, as I have alluded to before, there is a general election in less than 6 months and the incumbent Conservatives are showing a 3% lag over Labour but both parties have lost their ground to UKIP who has overtaken the Lib Dems into the 3rd largest party in the UK. Being that nationalistic policies are at the top of the UKIP agenda and they are swaying an easily scared and impressionable middle class (who are also TAT's true demographic) it makes sense for Cameron to show his balls on this topic. Little/negligible effect on GDP vs swinging 5% of voters who want to back a winning party. January inquest and announcement, pushing for resolution on an emotive issue. If things aren't improving for the Conversatives by then I think you'll find he has little choice and will welcome any bone he can chew on.

Edited by draftvader
  • Like 2

Anything short of the British police doing DNA tests from start to finish (swap, transport, test, result etc.) will not convince anyone of anything, as it is common knowledge, especially among Thais, that many if not most Thais, and especially the police, can be influenced by the right people or the right amount of money - or both.

Edited by monkeycountry
  • Like 1

CCTV footage of Nomsod in BKK on the [email protected] pm (check 3,44 minutes)

• So, if he was on the island he must have left after this footage and probably have traveled to Koh Tao by plane to Samui + boat. This means there MUST be other CCTV footage from somewhere (airport, airport lounge whatever). I think it will be impossible to hide this and they must assume this will emerge one day
  • it seems unlikely he traveled by car to Chumpon on a Sunday afternoon if he needed to attend university on Monday morning. It just takes too long and if he came back on the night of the 15th, how? By car? Or by Plane? There must be CCTV footage somewhere. Same as above, think it will be impossible to hide this and again, they must assume this will emerge one day.
  • The girl in the elevator MUST remember this encounter when she sees this footage? right? Don't you think so? And what about this Timber table? Should be relatively easy to proof where it was on the 13th? 12th? How long do they keep these tapes? Or do they work like a voice recorder in a plane? Can we see some tapes from the 13th, 12th where this table was?

Anyway, although many (including myself) believe he is involved will have a hard time to argue with all this......

Personally I think his phone record needs to checked as well, If he was not there, my guess is, he still knows who was involved.

If it turns out he was on the island, this whole tape must have been doctored, even if easy, what about other CCTV footage, airport lounges, airports, gas stations whatever? Passenger lists? You name it.........you can't hide this nowadays!

• Like 1

It's a sad state of affairs that the RTP have to lower themslef to do this because of a bunch of idiots writing crap when all they have is ahatred towards Thais and pure guesswork.

This kid comes from an influential family he's got everything a young man could ever wish for and I would imagine the least of his problems is finding girls.

Why would a young guy in his position have to resort to murder to get his end away?

or you could ask yourself why would 2 migrant workers with very little money that most Thai girls would have absolutely noting to do with do something like this.

Why did the young man refuse a DNA test?...wealthy, lost of friends, clubbing it, wild night and lie a lot of kids.... drugs?

That is a question not an accusation but there's always the possibility he refused because he had taken an illegal substance.

I wonder the same thing, but in many countries kids of the rich and powerful rape if they think they can get away with it.

As for the Burmese workers, they have loads of beautiful Burmese girls to choose from, and the Burmese girls don't all sell it to the highest bidder. Many of them actually have morals.

PS

DNA tests don't show drugs in the system. That's a different type of test.

Edited by AnotherOneAmerican

The Thai police just don't understand that their very reputation taints the case. If they care about justice, they would allow these foreign investigative observers take over the case and let the case go where the evidence leads them.

I think the Thai police are very much aware that their reputation stands on this case.

The problems being, judging by the comments made by some posters above and the Cludo game detectives making their accusations in the social media and forums, is that they are saying; we do not regard the Thai police or their investigation as having credibility, therefore we will only believe the statements and results collected from an investigation conducted outside the jurisdiction of the Thai police. I believe the people who are stirring up the most trouble are politically motivated into discrediting the present government and I also believe that however this case unfolds the same troublemakers will still be peddling around their conspiracy theories, using the tragic victims as pawns to suit their own political ends and put down the present leadership and in an attempt to destroy the Thai tourist industry.

I am also certain that the British, Thai and other world authorities are aware of this and that all those throwing around their conspiracy accusations against the Thai leadership and police will remain in the social media and other media outlets, but the British government and Burmese government will conclude with the findings of the Thai police investigation.

This is what is going to happen, trust me on this one.

I believe the people who are stirring up the most trouble are politically motivated into discrediting the present government and I also believe that however this case unfolds the same troublemakers will still be peddling around their conspiracy theories, using the tragic victims as pawns to suit their own political ends and put down the present leadership and in an attempt to destroy the Thai tourist industry.

cheesy.gif ....yeah yeah its Thaksin, YK, No No...its the ex minster "do you know who I am" for ear medicine.

Pathetic, trying to turn this case political, almost as bad as our man in Dubai stating the charges against him were politically motivated

Should be ashamed of yourself, or at least take your medication..

the hoe was next to the condom it seems to have been moved from one place to another , why would it be moved at a crime scene like this ?.

Does anybody where the hoe was reported to have been found.

attachicon.gifhoe1.jpg

I remember reading it was found hidden badly under a log

"jdinasia" why don't you learn to quote things properly your posts are a <deleted> mess...I know for the most part your post garbage anyway, but at least try to format it correctly

Edited by metisdead
It is suggested you stop circumventing the profanity filter.
  • Like 1