Where to buy pizza base

crossroadschiangmai

Rim Ping super market,sell the correct Pizza flour,instructions on

the packet,its not rocket science,with a bit practice you will be able

to make a better base,than the prepared ones that are on offer,too

thick for my liking,If i remember correctly it was only 45 THB a Kg,

so cheap enough to experiment with,its Divella brand,from Italy.

regards Worgeordie

• Like 1

Im with geordie... making it is simpler than you think.

Google jamie olivers pizza dough, works well and easy, 20 min prep and 1 hour waiting.

Once you have bought a rolling pin and sieve its so cheap. 1kg of flour makes me about 6 pizzas. I wrap them in olive oiled clingfilm, ziplock bag and throw in the freezer, lasts ages.

• Like 1

The instant ones we use save all the hassle and kids love them, why bother with the mess?

When else can a guy get a chance to wear a pinafore if he doesn't make his own pizza base?

Good point.

He can then throw on his maids uniform to clean up the kitchen...

By this time we have not only made our pizzas but have moved into the cigar and cognac room...

Im with geordie... making it is simpler than you think.

Google jamie olivers pizza dough, works well and easy, 20 min prep and 1 hour waiting.

Once you have bought a rolling pin and sieve its so cheap. 1kg of flour makes me about 6 pizzas. I wrap them in olive oiled clingfilm, ziplock bag and throw in the freezer, lasts ages.

I think Worgeordie is already spoken for, but if not, I'm sure you'll make a lovely couple.

I buy the ones from Makro - freezer/fridge. There are 3 in a pack which comes with its own tomato/herb sauce. I've tried making my own dough. No matter how many times I rolled it, it refused to get thinner or take on a circular shape. Threw it away in the end.

My desire for pizza has cost me thousands: bought a gas cooker with oven; installed it outside - it got wet when wind was in the wrong direction. Put a roof over it. Tiled floor. Built a work surface with marble top + cupboards beneath. Tiled up the back.

The up-side is ALL Thai cooking is now done outside.

Downside is the back wall of the house needs repainting. I can hardly afford Mozzarella cheese now!