Marriage Visa Savannakhet

Hey all :)

Next year February my visa is due, planning to go back to my home country for 2 weeks vacations and returning on a tourist visa.

Before that one expires I wanted to get a marriage visa in Savannakhet as that seems the easiest solution.

You can get a Non - O multiple entry 1 year visa based on marriage, now I have heard you need to leave the country every 90 days? Is that true?
Is it not possible to do a 90 day report at the Jomtien immigration, or did I misunderstand that? Thats not really clear to me.

Thank you in advance

You should be able to get a single or multiple entry non-o visa based upon marriage in your home country.

A multiple entry non-o visa requires you to leave every 90 days.

If you apply for a one year extension of stay based upon marriage at immigration you just make reports every 90 days.

You need 400k baht in a Thai bank for 60 days or proof of 40k baht income to apply for the extension.

Exactly what I wanted to hear, was confused about that earlier. Thank you ubonjoe!! :)

Marriage will be in March next year after my return, so I probably have to go to Savannakhet when the tourist visa runs out.

For the 40k income proof, is a statement from the bank enough proof? I get around 120.000 a month from abroad, that would be obviously easier so I dont have to leave the country every 90 days.

whistling.gif If You get a Non O VISA it requires you to leave every 90 days and return to keep it active.

That's because ALL 1 year Non O VISAs only get you a 90 day entry stamp each time you enter the country.

If you don't want to do that every 90 days, you need to get an EXTENSION of that visa based on marriage at your local immigration which will be good for one year.

That extension can also be renewed annually.

A VISA is issued by a Thai embassy or consulate. It allows you to enter Thailand.

Once in Thailand you can get an extension on that visa..... which can be based on marriage, retirement, or something else if you meet the requirements.

The extension requires you to meet certain financial requirements and some documentation.

You need to understand that a VISA and an EXTENSION are two different things.

Many people who actually get an extension based on marriage to a Thai wife call what they get a marriage VISA, but that is a mistake.

What they really get at their local immigration is a marriage extension on their existing visa for one year.

That is what requires the 400K baht bank account, the 40K baht monthly income, and so on.

A visa and a extension are not the same thing.

They are different things and they require you to do different thins to get and maintain them.

People often get these two confused, and cause confusion by referring what they get as an extension as a visa.

They are two different things, like apples and oranges.

rolleyes.gif