Cost of iPhone 6 at iStudio etc?

DavidMavec

Thanks, it looks like they are 500 THB over the website price, that's not too bad. I just wonder when they have the list of carriers next to the prices (TRUE/AIS/DTAC), what that means, if it means they are locked to the carriers or simply that they give you a free SIM card as a gimmick/promotion.

I need an upgrade to my old 3gs, so i thought as istudio seem to be Apples reseller her, I thought the price would be comparable price to the apple website .. but a 32GB 5S is 28K and an unlocked 64GB '6 is 29K from apple.

I dont understand .. when i questioned the assistant about the price difference, she laughed - i walked away.

Went to an Apple store today to check out the iPhones on display.
Wanted to get one for my wife who preferred the gold iPhone Plus.

I called the Genius and asked if they have the gold 6+ 64GB.
He smiled and said, "Only have space gray and gold!"
I continued to ask if they have the 64GB in the store. He said, "Oh, no have!"

When I asked when it will be available he just smiled and said, "I don't know!"

Went to the DTAC shop nearby and went through the process again.
There I was told that they have it.
When I got to the counter, I was presented with a pre-order list...

The lady told me that she'l give me a call in 2 days.
Keeping my fingers crossed.

I just got back from BKK searching for the gold iPhone 6 Plus 64 GB model. I went to Siam Paragon and searched all the possible places I could go to and turned up empty handed. Went to Central World and the results were pretty much the same.

Last stop was MBK, looked around but finally gave up. There something that tells me that I shouldn't trust the people there. The prices were all jacked up by 5,000 or sometimes, what they call imports are even cheaper than the ones sold at iStudio.

What I got from that search was a new record on the pedometer of my phone.

post-28695-0-98535100-1415023886_thumb.p

• Like 1

Would it be silly to get a 5s (at a reduced price) instead of a 6 right now?

I think so, but no one has posted the price of a iPhone 6 at istudio.

I just ordered the 6 from the apple store @ 29K, the 5S is 22K for a 64G and 32GB respectively .. Im sure I'm going to wait the full duration and expect some problems with delivery, but upgrading from a 32GB 3GS, and the 7,000B i don't think it would have been worth downsizing to another 32GB phone.

I just ordered the 6 from the apple store @ 29K, the 5S is 22K for a 64G and 32GB respectively .. Im sure I'm going to wait the full duration and expect some problems with delivery, but upgrading from a 32GB 3GS, and the 7,000B i don't think it would have been worth downsizing to another 32GB phone.

That's not true, Lammbock posted a link where you can find the prices. Looks to be 500 THB over the website prices.

Silly in what sense? You would definitely get a better price compared to before the iPhone 6 came out.

The 6 is new and it might take awhile to work out the kinks in the technology. And Apple is not shy about the price.

The 5s has a proven track record. It's getting cheaper. And it's close to the 6 in performance.

I want something that will fit in my pocket, without breaking.

Is it really worth the extra cost (and breakage risk) for the bigger phone?

Silly in what sense? You would definitely get a better price compared to before the iPhone 6 came out.

The 6 is new and it might take awhile to work out the kinks in the technology. And Apple is not shy about the price.

The 5s has a proven track record. It's getting cheaper. And it's close to the 6 in performance.

I want something that will fit in my pocket, without breaking.

Is it really worth the extra cost (and breakage risk) for the bigger phone?

It's hard for anyone to answer that question except you. It does not seem that many of the new iPhones actually are breaking in peoples pockets and this has been noticed more with the 6 Plus, the larger model. I haven't heard much about the "kinks in the technology" you mention either.

• Like 1

You're right.

I'm just curious about how other people are rationalizing their choice.

The 'kinks' don't usually show up until a product has been out for a couple of months.

You asked about how others are rationalizing their choice. I am planning on buying an iPhone 6 Plus. I currently have an iPhone 4S version and there are significant improvements from my version. I'm excited for the bigger screen because I read a lot on the phone. I think buying once every three versions is good for me, but certainly your idea of buying one version back is a good way to save money.

• Like 2

That's not true, Lammbock posted a link where you can find the prices. Looks to be 500 THB over the website prices.

You must have amazing eyesight .. I can't make out the price of an iPhone from those pics. There is a larger image of the iPhone plus at the bottom.

With no disrespect intended to Lammbock. How about someone answer the OP ..

Might be an idea to start the sentence off with .. The iPhone 6 32GB is xx, xxx the 64GB is xx,xxx and the 128GB is xx,xxx

You must have amazing eyesight .. I can't make out the price of an iPhone from those pics. There is a larger image of the iPhone plus at the bottom.

Might be an idea to start the sentence off with .. The iPhone 6 32GB is xx, xxx the 64GB is xx,xxx and the 128GB is xx,xxx

Uhh, actually Lammbock answered my question. See post #2, which has a link where you can see the prices.

You need a retina screen - perfectly readable :)

• Like 1

How is that?

screenshot201p8n6kiyxug.png

Yes .. Thats great iPhone 6 plus clap2.gif It says at the top.

It's OK .. I have come to expect this from Thailand .. Ask a simple question .. never get the answer.

How much is an iPhone 6 (not an iPhone 6 plus) in iStudio ? .. someone can't answer a simple question with a simple sentence and gives you a completely different answer, then everyone jumps to their defence to justify the fact.

How is that?

screenshot201p8n6kiyxug.png

Yes .. Thats great iPhone 6 plus clap2.gif It says at the top.

It's OK .. I have come to expect this from Thailand .. Ask a simple question .. never get the answer.

How much is an iPhone 6 (not an iPhone 6 plus) in iStudio ? .. someone can't answer a simple question with a simple sentence and gives you a completely different answer, then everyone jumps to their defence to justify the fact.

I asked the question and received an answer. I think you need to read the thread better before whining. It will be the same for the iPhone 6, 500 THB over the price on Apple's website.

Whining !! Mate, I would like to know the price of a iPhone 6 in Bangkok, I live a fair distance from an istudio and i was interested in THE topic, 'whats the price of an iPhone 6' .. or is this public forum only for your personal use.

I take that reply to my 'whinge' was a 'sorry, you are right, it is the price list for an iPhone 6 plus, i didn't actually read your request'

Whining !! Mate, I would like to know the price of a iPhone 6 in Bangkok, I live a fair distance from an istudio and i was interested in THE topic, 'whats the price of an iPhone 6' .. or is this public forum only for your personal use.

I take that reply to my 'whinge' was a 'sorry, you are right, it is the price list for an iPhone 6 plus, i didn't actually read your request'

Well, seeing as you asked soooo nicely :)

http://www.techmoblog.com/iphone-6/