Macbook fan replacement

daoyai

depends on the model

So its out of warranty?

The installation part is not hard at all and could have a number of shops do it locally if squeamish.

or find youtube video's to show the process. Which model?

If you can order the fan on ebay its very light to ship to Thailand.

There are lots of used fans for sale for a fraction of new fans. New fans in Thailand are going to be expensive.

In the mean time often fans can be lubricated to quiet them. Sometimes its just accumulated dust/dirt causing fan noise.

Again depends on the model. Some can be lubricated with a shot of silicone without opening the computer.

Edited by CobraSnakeNecktie

Khun Krit on a soi off of Huey Kaew road. Search for it on TV search function. He is great.

Kuhn Krit

080-555-3297

off Huay Knew Rd. near The Seven Fountain

luckily i've not had a chance to use him, but he comes highly recommended.

I'm guessing its 7-11

sorry, but can't say. i've never needed to use him and that was in my notes. maybe i miswrote or was given it, call him and see. there is only one authorized mac repair that i know of in CM which is in Kad Suan Kaw on the second or third floor, but they do tend to be slow and expensive.

I know Kh Git (Krit?) and he's ok.

But what is the Seven Fountain?

7 fountains is some sort of large christian center on Huey Keaw rd. Thanks for the info.... I watched the youtube vids looks like a simple enough opperation but with local tech costs low, I will probably opt for a "pro" to do it.

Edited by daoyai

It's true I used to go to central heating breakdowns in one little bit of my life.

Sometimes the dust building up in the bends of the squirrel cage fan blades just destroyed the airflow draw so the sensor ensuring drop in pressure in the manifold before flame up didn't kick in and voila.....breakdown.

Fan was still working, just needed brushing clean.

Edited by cheeryble