Urgent Advice Needed

Please no TROLLING on this post.....

My Filipina girlfriend who is a teacher at a government school in Samut Prakan has started her maternity leave today. She has a work permit and Non B visa. The school are refusing to pay her Maternity pay, even though the law states In Thailand, an expecting mother is protected under the Labour Protection Act of 1998. Women employees are entitled to the following:

• 90 days of maternity leave
  • Full pay: 45 days from the employer and 45 days from the Social Welfare Fund

http://thailand.angloinfo.com/healthcare/pregnancy-birth/maternity-leave/

We have called the Social Security helpline who advised to call the Ministry of Labor, we called the ministry of labor who advised us to call the ministry of education, we called the ministry of education who gave another number saying it is a representative in Samut Prakan, we called the number but they cannot speak English and hung up the call.

Who can we contact as we are being given the run-around.

Thanks

Dont know its location where you are . But if you can find the nearest labour court for sure they will be able to help.

Good luck :-)

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Edited by N47HAN

This should be the DOL who deals with this as the school is in contravention of the labour act, my advise you should pay a visit to the DOL office where your GF's WP was issued and lodge the complaint there, this is how most labour greviences are done.

• 2 weeks later...

Well the latest on this is the school told my girlfriend that they do not receive funding from the Government for an English teacher, the money comes from the parents of the students. They said they have had to employ another teacher (who is THAI) to now teach English and use the money to pay her, because of this they have no money to pay the 45 day maternity pay... DOL not really interested, nor social security or ministry of education....Any advice on who we can approach now?

Well the latest on this is the school told my girlfriend that they do not receive funding from the Government for an English teacher, the money comes from the parents of the students. They said they have had to employ another teacher (who is THAI) to now teach English and use the money to pay her, because of this they have no money to pay the 45 day maternity pay... DOL not really interested, nor social security or ministry of education....Any advice on who we can approach now?

What exactly did the DOL say ? You did go into see them ?

Very strange when you say not interested as its one of the better government departments and usually very proactive as to workers rights, if you have a case they will take it up