Visa Run

I have to do a visa run next week and wondered if the following ws possible

I arrived on UK passport and got 30 days exempt, I extended this for 30 days in BKK

Next week can i go to Cambodia for 30days stamp and that be extended by a further 30days?

Thereafter can I then go to Laos for a double entry tourist visa?

thanks

Next week can i go to Cambodia for 30days stamp and that be extended by a further 30days?

You best choice is to go to Savannakhet, Laos for a double entry tourist visa issued the same day.

First, that is cheaper than the 30 days extension, and second it does not make you re-enter on a back-to-back visa exempt entry.

• Like 1

I have not seen any reports of anybody doing a border hop for a new visa exempt entry after getting a 30 day extension. Without that I cannot give you a reliable answer,

You might try contacting the sponsor of this forum that does border runs for info. http://www.thaivisaservice.com/

This is interesting. My take is it's going to be risky. He would be better off applying for a tourist visa after crossing the border.

I have not seen any reports of anybody doing a border hop for a new visa exempt entry after getting a 30 day extension. Without that I cannot give you a reliable answer,

You might try contacting the sponsor of this forum that does border runs for info. http://www.thaivisaservice.com/

This is interesting. My take is it's going to be risky. He would be better off applying for a tourist visa after crossing the border.

What is risky?

We also checked other companies as far as Chiang Mai and all, including us, can confirm that , at least ,ONE Visa Run and entering with a visa exempt stamp will be no problem.

If OP requires a longer stay than than a trip to Vientiane or Savannakhet for a Tourist Visa can be considered.

Some people like the overnight stay in Vientiane while others prefer the one day trip to Savannakhet.

For safety reason we do not offer one day trips to Savannakhet.

If OP requires a longer stay than than a trip to Vientiane or Savannakhet for a Tourist Visa can be considered.

Some people like the overnight stay in Vientiane while others prefer the one day trip to Savannakhet.

For safety reason we do not offer one day trips to Savannakhet.

What are these safety reasons for you not go to Savannakhet?

Fatigue of the driver.

He would need to travel overnight, about 670km. Rest during the day, and be ready by late afternoon to drive back to Bangkok, another 670km.

Although there would be cost implications, a second driver would be a possible option.

surely even with an extension inbetween this is a back to back visa exempt entry, an extension is just that an extension of the visa exempt entry.

why not do the double entry first that will entail only one border crossing, you have had 60 days here the double entry tourist with extensions will give you another 178 days, that 238 days a good holiday.

are you someone sailing close to the wind with your stay in Thailand

Edited by steve187

Fatigue of the driver.

He would need to travel overnight, about 670km. Rest during the day, and be ready by late afternoon to drive back to Bangkok, another 670km.

Sleep hotel for 10+ hours during the day and then drive overnight to Bangkok?

How you handle Vientiane trip?