US midterm elections: Barack Obama’s legacy could be ruined in one day

webfact

Anyway you slice it he has presided over a pretty decent repair of a heavily damaged economy

Kicking the can down the road for our children & their children to inherit post-82547-0-64492200-1417528470.jpg pretty decent repair

Edited by mania

Anyway you slice it he has presided over a pretty decent repair of a heavily damaged economy

Kicking the can down the road for our children & their children to inherit attachicon.gif1.jpg pretty decent repair

Kicking the can down the road would have been leaving the deficit at $1.4 Trillion and letting the US auto industry die.

Kicking the can down the road would be deregulating and letting the financial services industry gamble and cheat for profit again.

Kicking the can down the road would be deregulating and letting the financial services industry gamble and cheat for profit again.

Are you joking??

Letting the financial services industry gamble & cheat for profit?? Yes again after not jailing any of them for

gambling & cheating in the first place they were instead rewarded because well...."Too Big Too Fail" right??

Edited by mania

Are you joking??

Letting the financial services industry gamble & cheat for profit?? Yes again after not jailing any of them for

gambling & cheating in the first place they were instead rewarded because well...."Too Big Too Fail" right??

I agree people should (still) go to jail, but the public (bar the Occupy movement) don't seem very interested. Perhaps they just consider that they have no influence in the matter.

Having said that, Dodd-Frank went a long way to restoring the sort of regulation needed to rein these thieves in.

'More of a president wanting to salvage what he could of his legacy vs a recalcitrant one unwilling to work with anybody - seemingly including his own party - question.

Out of interest, what do you think are the top three things he would like to consider his legacy?

Many experts think that the economy would have recovered much quicker without his policies.

Heath care was sold under false pretenses and may not survive now that the Supreme Court are fully aware of it, thanks to Jonathan Holmes Gruber.

Immigration is temporary and it might end up being his biggest failure of all .

rolleyes.gif

Perhaps you misunderstood the question,

what do you think are the top three things he would like to consider his legacy?

Or more likely you're aware that these items are what he would like to consider his legacy, but you've decided to distort the question and insert a weakly formed hyper-partisan jibe. whistling.gif

And as to the idea that "immigration might end up being his greatest failure of all" confirms my belief that, quite frankly, you don't have a very strong grasp of how American politics functions in the 21st Century. No matter what happens to this executive action (and in my opinion, nothing significant is going to happen in the next two years), Hispanics will remember who signed it and made it possible for Hispanic families to stay together in the US. Which essentially assures another generation of the fastest growing demographic voting for Democrats. You may have noticed the Clintons were among the very first to come out publicly to support the decision. Say what you will about the Clintons (and I, for one, have no love for them) but they can read the political tea leaves better than most. The other day someone on TV said that Hispanic families are going to have pictures of Jesus and President Obama in their homes just like Blacks in the sixties had pictures of Jesus, MLK and President Kennedy.

Out of interest, what do you think are the top three things he would like to consider his legacy?

-snip-

Increasing the national debt more in his first 3 years and 2 months as president than Bush did in 8 years.

Had four US citizens killed without judicial process.

Operation "Fast and Furious."

Need more?

I'm sure he would consider all of those...... before discarding them almost instantly.

'More of a president wanting to salvage what he could of his legacy vs a recalcitrant one unwilling to work with anybody - seemingly including his own party - question.

Many experts think that the economy would have recovered much quicker without his policies.

Heath care was sold under false pretenses and may not survive now that the Supreme Court are fully aware of it, thanks to Jonathan Holmes Gruber.

Immigration is temporary and it might end up being his biggest failure of all .

Perhaps you did not notice that I was responding to another post. facepalm.gif

Perhaps you did not notice that I was responding to another post. facepalm.gif

You just happened to respond with three items. It's entirely a coincidence.

I replied to three items in the other post. It's all there. You are not very observant. laugh.png

Edited by Ulysses G.

They all have one of those:

"Read my lips"

"I did not have sexual relations with that woman"

"Iraq.... WMDs..... Saddam..... 9/11...." (too many to mention).

The only one who it seems told nothing but the truth is Carter, and everyone seems to think he was a disaster, the poor sod.

smile.png

I replied to three items in the other post. It's all there.

The three items in which other post?

it's definitely not in the posts you quoted...and then (entirely coincidentally) gave a list of three items. giggle.gif

For god's sake, just admit you were caught out and move on. Actually, scratch that. Allow me to move on because I apparently don't have as much free time to engage in this silliness.

They were in the post that I was responding to and this is the post quoted below. You are wrong as per usual. Please stop wasting everyone's time going on and on with such stupid nonsense.beatdeadhorse.gif.pagespeed.ce.adWp7jUAu

The obvious ones would be Health Care and Immigration, but what else?

Anyway you slice it he has presided over a pretty decent repair of a heavily damaged economy, and I seem to remember Romney bashing on at the last election about him not doing enough to raise oil production, but right now the US is in a very decent position in that area.

Edited by Ulysses G.
  • Like 1

Mary Landrieu was defeated by Bill Cassidy in the Louisiana Senate runoff. Blame Obama's unpopularity for that. wink.png

Cassidy won by a significant margin 48% ... 43%

http://townhall.com/tipsheet/cortneyobrien/2014/12/06/la-landslide-republican-bill-cassidy-gains-ninth-gop-senate-seat-in-win-over-landrieu-n1928359

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Mary Landrieu was defeated by Bill Cassidy in the Louisiana Senate runoff. Blame Obama's unpopularity for that. ‏

http://townhall.com/tipsheet/cortneyobrien/2014/12/06/la-landslide-republican-bill-cassidy-gains-ninth-gop-senate-seat-in-win-over-landrieu-n1928359

Bill Cassiday unseated 3 term incumbent Democrat Senator May Landrieu tonight by a landslide vote of 56% vs. 44%, those are the facts like em or not clap2.gif

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Mary Landrieu was defeated by Bill Cassidy in the Louisiana Senate runoff. Blame Obama's unpopularity for that. ‏

Bill Cassiday unseated 3 term incumbent Democrat Senator May Landrieu tonight by a landslide vote of 56% vs. 44%, those are the facts like em or not clap2.gif
Have dems lost their hold on the southern states? This is Louisiana! Incredibly significant. Supposedly a large turnout, too. The DNC had deserted Landrieu, though. So much for honor among thieves. Lol. Edited by hawker9000
  • Like 1

Obama's legacy seems to be shrinking.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Half of the Senators who voted for Obamacare won't be part of new Senate
BY PHILIP KLEIN | DECEMBER 6, 2014 | 9:30 PM
On Dec. 24, 2009, the Democratic-controlled Senate passed President Obama’s healthcare law with a filibuster-proof 60-vote majority, triggering a massive backlash that propelled Republicans to control of the House the following year.
On the Senate side, going into this year's midterm elections, 25 senators who voted for Obamacare were already out or not going be part of the new Senate being sworn in next month.
After Democratic losses on Nov. 4 and Saturday's defeat of Sen. Mary Landrieu, D-La., the number has risen to 30. In other words, half of the Senators who voted for Obamacare will not be part of the new Senate.
  • Like 2

And then Hollywood comes to the rescue. This is the latest attempt to set up his legacy. Sadly it won't be the last such attempt.

This propaganda film is going to be all about their very first date along with all the sentiment you could imagine.

Watch for it at a theater near you.cheesy.gif

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

You’ll Laugh! You’ll Cry! Obama FIRST DATE Flick Coming To Theater Near You
10:14 PM 12/06/2014
ERIC OWENS
Education Editor
President Barack Obama’s approval rating hit 38 percent this fall and currently hovers in the very low 40s.
Presumably, then, upwards of 124 million (out of 308 million total) Americans are totally clamoring to see a movie about the first date experienced by Obama and his wife, first lady Michelle Obama.
That movie, a serious drama titled “Southside With You,” is slated to begin shooting on location in Chicago in July.
The Daily Caller is not making this up.
  • Like 1

This election vote says nothing to anyone and it is of no significance or consequence to the presidency of Barack Obama or to his legacy, nor does this vote have any implications for Hillary Clinton. The huge number of right sector media are in a national state of premature release and excitement over this and also the election last month.

The vote was in Louisiana, which voted 57.8% for Romney and 40.6% for Obama.

In 8 of the last 11 elections of a president LA has voted for the Republican...the exceptions occurred when it voted three times for southern governors, Jimmy Carter and Bill Clinton. In 2016 LA will vote for whomever the R party puts up for prez.

Indeed, 7 or the 8 LA officials elected to the Congress are Republicans to include the sex scandal ridden Senator, David Vitter (sounds like a cat food). Prez Obama and the D party have lost nothing in LA and have nothing to lose there going forward.

The loser in this race, Sen Mary Landrieu is the last of a huge Democratic party name in the state that for decades had included governors, mayors of New Orleans and assorted local and county corrupt officials. Now the Republican party in LA has all the elected corrupt local and county officials, so congrats on that score.

My ex graduated from Tulane and said that she once saw a sign inside a hotel room door that read, "If this is your first visit to Louisiana you are welcome to it." Indeed, they can have it.