US midterm elections: Barack Obama’s legacy could be ruined in one day

webfact

The real House investigation into Benghazi is set to kick off in earnest around 5 December.

This one is actually going to interview many of the CIA and State Department employees that were there and have never been interviewed before.

It is only in its start up phase now.

The real House investigation into Benghazi is set to kick off in earnest around 5 December.

This one is actually going to interview many of the CIA and State Department employees that were there and have never been interviewed before.

And it's simply another pointless GOP witch hunt.

cheesy.gif

Actually, now that I think about it, it's not funny.

I could be wrong, but I think there have been at least 5 house "investigations" into what happened in Benghazi, and they all turned up nothing which incriminates the White House.

After countless millions of dollars and thousands of man hours spent which could have been used to pass meaningful legislation to help the American people, and now you say that those investigations somehow weren't real?

So if they weren't real, then what were they?

Just like proving that Obamacare was sold to the public dishonestly, until you find the right witness.

http://www.startribune.com/opinion/283269561.html

http://humanevents.com/2014/11/21/the-gruber-confession/

http://townhall.com/tipsheet/guybenson/2014/11/19/cnn-obama-promised-obamacare-wouldnt-do-exactly-what-gruber-says-it-will-do-n1921049

Edited by Ulysses G.
  • Like 1

Just like proving that Obamacare was sold to the public dishonestly, until you find the right witness.

http://www.startribune.com/opinion/283269561.html

http://humanevents.com/2014/11/21/the-gruber-confession/

http://townhall.com/tipsheet/guybenson/2014/11/19/cnn-obama-promised-obamacare-wouldnt-do-exactly-what-gruber-says-it-will-do-n1921049

I thought we'd already established that most legislation has all sorts of crap buried in it. But of course now it's one you don't like, it's suddenly an issue?

Obamacare architect Jonathan Gruber has.admitted that Obamacare was sold to the public under false pretenses. That has nothing to do with "crap being buried in most legislation." I'm not sure what you are on about.

Well how about all those Republican "jobs bills" I went through for you a while back, most of which were mostly about tax breaks and deregulation for corporate lobbyists, but are sold to the public as creating jobs?

I don't see a difference.

Edited by Chicog

I have no idea what you are talking about, but it certainly looks like you are trying to change the topic.

Jonathan Gruber has confirmed everything that Republicans have been saying about Obamacare all along and that the Obama administration and liberal media vehemently denied. That should make anyone with an open mind do some thinking about believing their spin on all the various Obama scandals.

Edited by Ulysses G.
  • Like 2

I have no idea what you are talking about, but it certainly looks like you are trying to change the topic.

Jonathan Gruber has confirmed everything that Republicans have been saying about Obamacare all along and that the Obama administration and liberal media vehemently denied. That should make anyone with an open mind do some thinking about believing their spin on all the various Obama scandals.

Seems to me to be just your interpretation of another Fox News "scandal", and we know how well those usually go.

He's earned a LOT more for lying about Obamacare. I think we all know who he was working for.

Well let's face it, they hired him after his efforts for Romney, so what does that tell you? Jeez, it seems he was crap then as well.

Gruber’s flawed modeling dates back to his efforts to help design a universal health care law for Massachusetts, later dubbed “RomneyCare” by some, according to the Manhattan Institute.

“Jonathan Gruber at MIT devoted hours and hours to an essential econometric model,” Romney said in a speech upon passing the law.

Although it is unclear exactly which predictions Gruber’s model was responsible for, a number of RomneyCare predictions were off. The first one was a prediction that the average health care plan under RomneyCare would cost $200. It ended up costing $380. At the time, Gruber explained it this way:

“You know, we are suggesting a more comprehensive policy than the governor had originally anticipated, I think, when he said $200,” Gruber told American Public Media.

Edited by Chicog

What does that have to do with anything? Last I heard Obama beat Romney and he lied repeatedly to do so, which Gruber just confirmed. Can you do anything other than keep trying to change the subject and throwing out dishonest talking points that have almost nothing to do with what we are talking about ?

Edited by Ulysses G.
  • Like 2

What does that have to do with anything? Last I heard Obama beat Romney and he lied repeatedly to do so, which Gruber just confirmed. Can you do anything other than keep trying to change the subject and throwing out dishonest talking points that have almost nothing to do with what we are talking about ?

Last I heard Gruber put together RomneyCare, which was why he was hired to work on Obamacare.

Since you were the person that brought him up in post #546, can I suggest you stop complaining about other people straying off topic?

What does Romney or Romneycare have to do with anything? Romney is not the president. Gruber said that Obamacare was purposely sold under false premises to the public. Why are you trying to drag someone else into it?

Gruber's dubious economic models were used in both.

If it was deception now, why wasn't it deception then?

Who cares? Romney lost. He is not in office.

I'm simply pointing out that it doesn't seem to bother you that the same sphincter worked his magic for a Republican and a Democrat, but of course only a Democrat can do wrong in your eyes.

As for Obamacare itself, I don't think it's going to get long enough to work, so Obama will probably go down as the last president to ever try and fix health care.

You don't seem to get it. Obama is THE PRESIDENT and the thread is about him. Romney is NOT. It makes no difference what party he belongs to or what he might have, or might not have done. rolleyes.gif

The thread's not about Gruber, either. But you brought him up. So I'll feel free to discuss his past since it's particularly relevant to Obamacare, no?

coffee1.gif

You don't seem to get it. Obama is THE PRESIDENT and the thread is about him. Romney is NOT. It makes no difference what party he belongs to or what he might have, or might not have done. rolleyes.gif

The thread's not about Gruber, either. But you brought him up. So I'll feel free to discuss his past since it's particularly relevant to Obamacare, no?

coffee1.gif

But the thread IS about Obama's legacy, of which a large part will be Obamacare.

If it was sold under dubious circumstances based on lies. The architect of the legislation and the author of those lies is part of the legacy.

Gruber is now an integral part of Obama's legacy. No escaping that fact.

• Like 2

I didn't know that Jonathan Gruber was a Fox News employee.

Interestingly enough, he was never a White House employee either. He was a paid consultant who visited the White House about 2 times per year. wink.png So much for being the "architect".

It appears the Washington Times thinks he was the Obamacare architect vs you who don't? Who ya going to trust?

Jonathan Gruber, Obamacare architect, fired as Vermont adviser.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/nov/20/jonathan-gruber-obamacare-architect-fired-as-vermo/

cheesy.gif

Actually, now that I think about it, it's not funny.

I could be wrong, but I think there have been at least 5 house "investigations" into what happened in Benghazi, and they all turned up nothing which incriminates the White House.

After countless millions of dollars and thousands of man hours spent which could have been used to pass meaningful legislation to help the American people, and now you say that those investigations somehow weren't real?

So if they weren't real, then what were they?

You do know that most of the government employees and contractors that were present in Benghazi during the attack were never interviewed by the Inspector General or by Congress?

I think it is high time the truth came out about what actually happened and who did what and why.

We know Obama was briefed in the White House around 1700-1730 while the attack was going on. He told Leon Panetta and Gen. Dempsey to do "whatever it takes" to assist the Benghazi people then proceeded to go upstairs to the Presidential quarters and was not heard from again nor did he offer any further input.

Obama was not seen again until the following morning when he departed the White House for a fund raising trip to Las Vegas. He was and is the Commander in Chief and his prime duty should have been to insure that everything was being done to secure the safety of his people.

You and most Democrats might see nothing wrong with his actions. To me and many others, Obama was ducking his responsibility.

The US needs to know everything, not merely what the administration wants us to know.

To answer your question...until all the facts are made public, the hearings were NOT real.

\OK, if this super-duper, extra special hearing in December reaches the same conclusions as the previous 5 hearings on this very same topic, would that be enough to satisfy you? Somehow I don't think so.

And by the way, everyone knows what Benghazi is really about 2016 politics. Specifically about tarnishing Hillary Clinton's image with democrat leaning independents. Which is fine with me, because I don't intend to vote for her and don't think she and her husband should be back in the White House. But let's not try and pretend this 'scandal' is about the four people that died. You know I'm right about this, even if you won't admit it.

I didn't know that Jonathan Gruber was a Fox News employee.

Interestingly enough, he was never a White House employee either. He was a paid consultant who visited the White House about 2 times per year. wink.png So much for being the "architect".

It appears the Washington Times thinks he was the Obamacare architect vs you who don't? Who ya going to trust?

Jonathan Gruber, Obamacare architect, fired as Vermont adviser.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/nov/20/jonathan-gruber-obamacare-architect-fired-as-vermo/

I think he sold snake oil to both of them.

The Messenger from Karma

Is it really a tax? - NO, we can't say THAT!

They're all idiots anyway, WE create the "facts"

Will they discover the hoax, or find it's a fraud?

Not if the President gives it a nod

Any lie is OK, If it fits the bill

And a cool 5 Mil he's paid from the till

Architect of deception and obfuscation

He's out for himself, screw the "stupid" Nation

ObamaCare sold on a Pack of Lies

Face it folks, you've been Gruberized . . .

MisterRon

Jomtien, Thailand

• Like 1

He's apparently a shameless self-promoter who definitely got more than he bargained for when he gave himself the title of architect.

But in the end, this is emblematic of what politics (on both sides of the aisle) in 2014 is about: weaponizing innocuous words and phrases to fire up the rabid base and maybe sway a handful of independents.

There really is so much that needs to be done to improve the lives of Americans, and we're distracted by all this partisan nonsense. Sad.

Obama and the democrats blatantly lied to get a very important bill passed, that effects almost everyone in the country, and Gruber proves it. The Republicans were right about most of it and the democrats and the mainstream media were complicit in denying the truth. It should not be "partisan" to expose this kind of corruption and dishonest manipulation.

Edited by Ulysses G.
  • Like 2