Builders Khon Kaen Area

toryboy1979

Hi To Everyone

From what I read on this forum, looking for a good reliable builder in the Khon Kaen Area is like looking for a needle in a haystack. I hope I am wrong because having got permission to build on some land outside a village of the 2039 Nam Phong to Kranuan road and had the architects drawings produced. I know need to find a builder who can carry out the build for us. I could use people from the family who all claim to be builders but I have said NO! and this has been accepted and my reasons understood. I require whoever buillds to agree on paper the cost of the labour, the completion time and that they will follow the plans provided and understand that I will be on-site everyday.

If anyone has knowledge of good and reliable builders I would much appreciate your help and advice.

Many thanks

OP, if you are looking for a builder, sorry can't help you.

But I can recommend to you the building contractor that build my house.

He is a very responsible person and a good contractor.

He will provide you with all the analysis of cost of building materials, time schedule for completion and terms of payment.

I don't know if he will come to your area as he operates mainly in Ban Phai.

He doesn't speak English but his wife does.

If interested, PM me with the name of your village and I will provide his telephone number.

If you drive into Khon Kaen there are large building companies advertising on billboards around the city.

My recommendation from experience is that you find a larger company builder rather than the usual undercapitalised local guy.

The local guy builds one or two houses a year, has no capital and general disregards the money clauses in the contract.

• 1 month later...

There is a farang builder in Kranuan itself called S L Young. Their office is across from the main police station.

Noticed in one of your posts that you are building on farmland. If you are looking for security, from reading the

Real Estate sections I believeit's the case that you cannot have a lease or usufruct over such land.

Perhaps as the Thesaban have granted your wife / GF building permission that acts to change the farmland to residential?

Maybe it's not a worry in any event.

Good luck

Thanks for you input ICE1318. To clarify matters raised in your comment, Have spoken to SL Young and he told me they only take on projects in excess of 4 million. I have now located a local builder who from his portfolio appears to be good and recommendations from people who have used him are favourable. Time will tell.

As for the farmland issue. As it was sugar cane land and is currently bordered by sugar cane, I guess you could say it is/was farmland. However Amphur Nam Phong have issued a Nor Sor 4 Jor (Chanote) and full authority in writing to build.

Have had full architects plans/drawings done and approved by the Tessaban. Land has been raised by one metre - all 1 Rai of it - and now it is a matter of waiting for land to settle and the builder to find an appropriate slot plus liaising with electricity and water authorities.. Expecting to pay around 10,000 baht per sq m for the build but have added a contingency of 20% without telling anyone involved for obvious reasons.

What I have found interesting is that when g/f bought the land last year, many people told me we had paid way far too much. Seller wanted 400k but eventually sold for 300k. The guy who provided the dirt infill told us that in his village a couple of miles away, 1 Rai of land has just sold for 500k and unlike our land, it is not near the road, any electricity or water supply. Point being it looks like land in Khon Kaen Province is increasing a lot.

• 9 months later...

We were struggling also, but finished our house end of last year.

I am actually very happy and the price was fair. The company is Sanmanock &Hoffmann in Khon Kaen near Bueng Kaenakorn lake.

They gave us also tips which was actually not helping them, like we had to wait with the construction because the earth wasn't sacked enough and so on...another company before said, they can do it.

So they were very honest and I had 2 little things which were not good when everything was done. (2 floor tiles and a water pipe)

I think I had more problems with my house in belgium than this one. I can recommend.

• 1 year later...

I/we just used a company - not sure of it's name - but the owner's name is Chan. They did excellent work; on the same level as we might find in the West. I'm thrilled at everything and every-way this outfit provided services to us. I strongly recommend them. They do work in Khonkaen and Chaiyaphum area - that I know of . They might go elsewhere but I'm not sure. The owner's mobile number is:

0931474257 He speaks only a little English but he has a translator; her name is Kiow. BTW I have no familial or financial interest with them. They are just great mechanics.