The Guy With No Legs Who Crawls Around Sukhumvit...

ivan96822

A guess would be he illicits more sympathy, therefore more charity staying in his present condition.

He has been doing this for more than 5 years so it must be lucrative. Dont be surprised if you spot him one day donning his prosthetic legs and getting into his BMW to go home at his shifts end.

A guess would be he illicits more sympathy, therefore more charity staying in his present condition.

He has been doing this for more than 5 years so it must be lucrative. Dont be surprised if you spot him one day donning his prosthetic legs and getting into his BMW to go home at his shifts end.

You sound envious, maybe give it a go?

• Like 1

Eddie Murphy did the same thing in a movie years ago........OK not crawling but pretending he had no legs and scouting around on a cart.....................

Just another scam , but like I said the guy doing the same thing in chinatown is getting baht from Thais , not tourists.....

All these people are mafia related. Most get a bed & food everyday ... dropped off in the morning and picked up at night.

nothing more ... nothing less .......coffee1.gif

ALL?? You have no way of knowing that "all" BKK beggars are mafia related. Learn the difference between what you guess is true and what you actually know for a fact.

Practically all of these people are mafia related.

There, fixed for you. There may be an occasional outsider once in a while, but from what I've seen if they stick around they will end up paying someone for the privilege. And you've got to define 'mafia' quite loosely, it's not Cosa Nostra. Seem like most of it here is controlled by the Serve and Protect guys...

As i used to have an office at that end of sukhumvit ,i was once pointed out the guy who "runs" it all along the strip ,to look at him he looked like an ordinary Thai worker not scruffy ,but not the mr big sort ,but as i knew many of the street vendors i was assured he was the man who took a cut from everyone working the pavements.so i assume he got a cut from the crawler as well

He won't get nothing he's just a collector, on a fixed wage. He'll pass it to one of the top boys who will then pass It less his cut to the big boss, who will be driving around in a BMW 7 series with money collected from all the pimps and scammers and low life's in BKK

His title will probably be chief of royal thai police

Nice lot you all are....would you like to have no legs. How he handles it is a bloody site better than you morons would.

Whether we think it's a scam or not, the fact remains these people are severely handicapped and spend their day crawling around the muck of Bangkok. I don't think they retire to penthouse condos and pour an 18yr old bottle of Scotch after a hard day on the street.

A supplier in China once told me after I was confronted by several deformed beggars in Shenzhen, a lot of them that are missing limbs actually have them amputated at birth by the mafia or desperate families so they will have a constant source of income.

• Like 2

Nice lot you all are....would you like to have no legs. How he handles it is a bloody site better than you morons would.

Whether we think it's a scam or not, the fact remains these people are severely handicapped and spend their day crawling around the muck of Bangkok. I don't think they retire to penthouse condos and pour an 18yr old bottle of Scotch after a hard day on the street.

A supplier in China once told me after I was confronted by several deformed beggars in Shenzhen, a lot of them that are missing limbs actually have them amputated at birth by the mafia or desperate families so they will have a constant source of income.

I am more than cynical enough to believe this, sight unseen. Based on sights that have been seen in sundry locations. God help this species.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

That's the Soi Seven Slider (SSS)

I think he lives in soi 7. I saw him come out of an apt on Soi 7 with a little help from his friends.... then once on soi 7, he started sliding out to Sukumvit with his cup.

He often looks for a small puddle to spend a bit of time in.

I am not judging or looking down on him or any beggars. In a country that has no laws (or enforcement of laws) for accessibility or awareness about people with disabilities and how many / most can often enjoy productive lives contributing to society, this is what the guy has come up with.

"He often looks for a small puddle to spend a bit of time in."

cheesy.gif ....my sides are hurting!

Eddie Murphy did the same thing in a movie years ago........OK not crawling but pretending he had no legs and scouting around on a cart.....................

Just another scam , but like I said the guy doing the same thing in chinatown is getting baht from Thais , not tourists.....

Once you have a man with no legs, you never go back, baby! I know what you're thinkin'.... you seen Porgy and Bess?