Is it possible to get a Non O + 1 year extension based on wife's income?

i think the op.needs to read up on having no funds and trying to live here.

ITS NOT POSSIBLE.

That's not correct. I know of 2 farangs that have no money and are 100% supported by their Thai wives.

b.s.how do they get their extensions.

Perhaps 400k baht in the bank for 2 months. Or maybe they are getting multiple entry non-o visas.

Ubon Joe (The Master for friendly and accurate advice); income from abroad (in my case, passive income) must be verified by my nations consulate/embassy ONLY, when using for "proof of funds" to apply for the Non O - Extension of Stay based on marriage. Is this correct?

For an extension of stay based upon retirement only income from abroad is acceptable.
For one based upon marriage you can work here and use tax receipts for the proof of 40K baht income.
For either one there is no requirement to prove the money in the bank came from abroad.

Thanks Joe. Edited by ubonjoe
fixed broken quote (to many quotes 4 is the max)

Your wife's income cannot be used to meet the 40k requirement to get an extension of stay based upon marriage. If she was to save 400k baht and put it in an account in your name only you could use that.

Could it be done in Laos sir; where proof of funds is not needed?

Your wife's income cannot be used to meet the 40k requirement to get an extension of stay based upon marriage. If she was to save 400k baht and put it in an account in your name only you could use that.

You can get a multiple entry non-o visa based upon marriage with no financial proof needed at Savannakhet.

You can get a multiple entry non-o visa based upon marriage with no financial proof needed at Savannakhet.

Thank you sir. Any idea how long these ease will last?

would I be able to get a Non O + 1 year extension based on her income ie she supports me?

For some reason they closed that door a few years ago. sad.png

They closed it when they realised that the wife could walk into the tax office and declare any amount she wanted - no checks are made - and get the required documents. I don't think they closed it on principle.

They have been doing them for a long time now. I can't see them stopping anytime soon.

They have been doing them for a long time now. I can't see them stopping anytime soon.

Thanks. Just dropped a load of $$$ on a hospital call; am short of the required and thought I'd check.