Bangkok taxi driver returns THB2 million to Indonesian tourists

webfact

Taxi driver returns THB2 million to Indonesian tourists
By Coconuts Bangkok

sak.jpg

BANGKOK: -- A Bangkok taxi driver found USD60,000 under the back seat of his car and promptly returned it to police yesterday.

Sak Chaipong said he picked up three Indonesian tourists from Suvarnabhumi Airport and drove them to their hotel in Bang Rak district before receiving a call from the airport that his passengers were looking for a forgotten black bag in his car.

Sak then searched for the bag, which as he found contained the equivalent of THB2 million in cash he immediately handed over to police. [read more...]

Full story: http://bangkok.coconuts.co//2014/11/06/taxi-driver-returns-thb2-million-indonesian-tourists

cocon.jpg
-- Coconuts Bangkok 2014-11-06

• Like 1

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

mmmmm . . . find 2,000,000 THB, returns it to owners and gets 5,000 THB "reward" . . . I wonder if he'll bother next time . . . ?

It's great that he's honest and fair, but honestly, those "tourists" are taking the piss with that reward!

Agree, though the money might not have been theirs.

2,000,000 baht is a lot of spending money.

• Like 1

And all I've been asking for is change from a 100 baht bill...

Yes, there are honest Thais, and plenty of them. But I don't need the coconut propaganda. Considering this is a forum aimed at us rescued homeless farangs whose taste buds aren't refined enough no appreciate potato chips, why do we have to be exposed to all the coconut jingoist crap?

Edited by scavenger

I don't know any "tourists" who would be carrying that amount of serious money on them.

It's way more than the allowed amount for bringing in and taking out of the country too.

tourists? Or couriers?

Wait, ypu'll soon see plenty of them soon...: in Thailand, they are known as "quality tourists." Edited by scavenger
  • Like 2

mmmmm . . . find 2,000,000 THB, returns it to owners and gets 5,000 THB "reward" . . . I wonder if he'll bother next time . . . ?

It's great that he's honest and fair, but honestly, those "tourists" are taking the piss with that reward!

Absolutely spot on Tatsujin! A minimum reward for his honesty should have been B50,000.

Cheap bastards.

10 % would be fair....OK 5 % would be still OK.

So 200.000 or 100.000.

5000 is cheap. If he takes out the money, hides it somewhere and even if they find him later he can claim he transported many customer and gave the car to cleaning as well. No one can find out if he took it.

• Like 1

Who forgets 2 million baht in a taxi?

I guess they must have been some very wealthy tourists. If I had 2 million baht cash on me I would hold on to it very tightly and constantly check that it's with me, especially when leaving a taxi.

Anyway, very good of him to return the money, and nice with this type of news once in a while.

• Like 1

"...the tourists offered him THB5,000 cash..."

Under former Thai logical thinking concerning honesty, he would have received THB 10,000 if he had turned down a bribe of a lot less than THB 2 million. The bottom line is that honest people don't think about a reward and the rest will settle for whatever is the higher sum . Unfortunately the latter are more abundant than the former.

Edited by jaltsc

There are some goods ones, but this is just bad luck for him is all. HE was unfortunate enough to be in the line and had his taxi number recorded at Swampy, so was able to be traced quickly and called out, at which stage he had not choice but to return it really. Unless blatantly lying then hiding 2mill in cash on him. Then he gets a measly 5K reward, insulting... What bag? What money? that's the correct answer.... if they are dumb enough to leave 60G in a taxi, ce la vie

Oz