Why do not think to live and work or invest in another country?

zaupino

Recently i ask to myself "why do not think to move or invest in another contry"?

Really i invested a lot of money to run a business, to buy a condo where i live and honestly our company employed a lot of thai staff in the last years (considering that many thai people come and go). Also our small business contributed (of course in small portions) to the economy of Thailand. But many changes has been done in Thailand and too much often i think to move. I started to study and visit other countries and some occasions came up just to say: do it. This topic just to have other comments and to open a discussion.

If you are single the options are pretty easy - if you have children not so. Plus if you have a foreigner partner then visas and the like are a double problem. If you moved to Thailand and have no property or job back home as a Brit with a Thai wife and kids you can't really get back very easily without destroying the family with the new Teresa May laws - so much for Conservative family values. And if you have kids from both parents then even more difficult if not pretty much impossible.

Everyone has to look at the options open to them and the benefits and harm each brings.

• Like 1

If you have plans to leave then now would be the time to sell your house/condo

I foresee the Thai economy to go down for some years. Look at all the current problems, the age of the king, the high price of thailand, problems with russia and so on.

Thailand wants only quality tourists, the rest is not important to them.

Neighbouring country's might profit from this.

Also it depends of what business you're in.

• Like 1

Yes why invest,One has to wonder if one rich Thai family can screw over a foreign multinational and get away with it one has to wonder why foreigners still insist on starting up a small bussines in Thailand.

People in power in Thailand don't give a hoot about youre small contribution to their economy.

• Like 1