Upcountrydude Update

mrtoad

I take my hat off to Thai Visa and all those involved in this case.

Sadly, these things happen sometimes in Thailand . I personally know of three similar cases and one of them ended the wrong way.

I am really glad that this ended happily and now I know that should I have any serious problems, I wouldn't hesitate to post here for help (even though I have a wonderful loving Thai girlfriend).

Thanks to everyone for helping this poor guy.

• Like 2

I still believe in everything written here and wish him all the best and Weegee (and others) are hero's but i still didn't see anything that proves me that his wife did it. It can be something like fungus in the food he ate, a hidden disease he might have, somebody else who poisened him, maybe he had fungus in his bedpillow, and so on. I know it all sounds odd but it is still a possibility.

Can anybody of the insiders give some info that convinces me that his wife is the one to blame? You guys have more info then us readers.

And is the police working on it now?

Don't ruin the investigations but just one example that makes sure the wife did it so we can learn from that.

• Like 1

Look , at the moment there is stuff that will not be shared on here for a number of reasons. Give it time, and wait; but for general info the guys life was at serious risk from his Thai family.

Weegee and Tommy are fine and safe now, and are thankful of the support they have been given.

This is fantastic news, great work by all involved, I hope for all the good stuff weegee done, he has not been threatened in any way.

• Like 1

I'd be inclined to close this thread down and hide the original one out of sight. An opposite view from the Thai side of the fence could be that someone has been kidnapped and a vehicle has been stolen and the original thread is a pretty detailed account thereof. Throw in some unsavoury threats involving bulldozers and a fair amount of libellous comments about the OP's relatives. It may have the backing of most expats but Thais may have a differing standpoint. Both threads have served their purpose and further updates should wait a while till the dust settles.

I'd be inclined to close this thread down and hide the original one out of sight. An opposite view from the Thai side of the fence could be that someone has been kidnapped and a vehicle has been stolen and the original thread is a pretty detailed account thereof. Throw in some unsavoury threats involving bulldozers and a fair amount of libellous comments about the OP's relatives. It may have the backing of most expats but Thais may have a differing standpoint. Both threads have served their purpose and further updates should wait a while till the dust settles.

Who was kidnapped?

And it was his car.

Story put on a public forum.

His house, by Thai law he can bulldoze it if he paid for it.

Your post is paranoid.

Edited by krisb

I would like to thank Weegee and everyone else who were working unknown in the background. You all know who you are !!!! An amazing response to a cry for help. I have met many amazing people in thailand, unfortunately it seams someone either in or conected to the family wanted me out of the picture. Thanks to P.A ahjan for trying to assist my wife. I hope everyone will continue to help. This is a very complicated issue which I believe is being tackled by the local community and some special people in the wat.

Like every country in the world thailand has a very small amount of people who have are prepared to sacrifice others for a perceived personal gain. This still requires further investigation as I'm sure the answer is common knowledge.

God bless thailand

So am I to understand from your post that your wife was not the person causing your problems?

If so and it proves to be true I hope you can find a way forwards in this matter that heals the pain you have suffered

I would like to thank Weegee and everyone else who were working unknown in the background. You all know who you are !!!! An amazing response to a cry for help. I have met many amazing people in thailand, unfortunately it seams someone either in or conected to the family wanted me out of the picture. Thanks to P.A ahjan for trying to assist my wife. I hope everyone will continue to help. This is a very complicated issue which I believe is being tackled by the local community and some special people in the wat.

Like every country in the world thailand has a very small amount of people who have are prepared to sacrifice others for a perceived personal gain. This still requires further investigation as I'm sure the answer is common knowledge.

God bless thailand

1st of all...congrats for getting back safe.

Just read your previous topic again and am somewhat surprised about your above statement regarding your wife. How i read it all she must be an innocent victim of manipulation in your eyes. By who and how do you

know that ?

I hope that you will be able to write, when time is right, the whole story on here.

Best of luck.

• Like 1

Who was kidnapped?

And it was his car.

Story put on a public forum.

His house, by Thai law he can bulldoze it if he paid for it.

Your post is paranoid.

The Op asked, and wanted to leave. A grown adult can leave his home, anytime he wishes. When you chose to walk out of your own front door, and return to your homeland, nobody is going to call the police. In fact, sounds like a personal matter between him and his wife.

The car is a bit tricky. I suppose perhaps some kind of ruling (from a future divorce decree) could possibly change things, as well as loans signed for when married, or just implied family arrangements. (Such as the wife testifying that the truck was purchased for the "family farm)"..... But for now...I do believe it is in his name only. Anyways, he lost his home and property here. A value far exceeding the car.

I do not really remember if the OP said there was no financing/lien left on the car. Again, as long as there is no criminal intent to defraud a financier (in this case, there is absolutely none)...then it looks good.

Legally, I know I can sell my motorbike if I wanted, at any time, as my name only appears on the Green Book.

Personally, I am happy the way it worked out. Weegee flew home for unrelated reasons. Family stuff, not really my business.

Edited by slipperylobster