Dark LaoBeer

Martyjustice

... and modest rationed quantities of Beer Lao (standard) are often included in the run fee if you come on Ubon Hash along with copious quantities of Leo, Singh, Heiniken. Another great reason to join the Ubon hashers for a modest run or walk in the idyllic Ubon surrounds. Lao Dark on special occasions only - perhaps I should offer it to hashers on a premium fee basis but I'd need a disclaimer signaturebiggrin.png Can't have totally wrecked hashers upsetting the natives!

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/773741-ubon-hash-house-harriers-november-run-4pm-saturday-8th-november/

• Like 1

Prefer Draught beer Lao to any bottled, all bottle beer has the usual additives for it to keep making them all taste pretty similar and gassy

Draught Beer Lao? Where did you find that? Have not seen it anywhere. Maybe you mean Leo?
  • Like 1

Prefer Draught beer Lao to any bottled, all bottle beer has the usual additives for it to keep making them all taste pretty similar and gassy

Draught Beer Lao? Where did you find that? Have not seen it anywhere. Maybe you mean Leo?

No, Had it in Laos, lovely drink, goes down like milk...all bottle beers are much the same, full of chemicals and the like

• Like 1

No, Had it in Laos, lovely drink, goes down like milk...all bottle beers are much the same, full of chemicals and the like

I am keen to sample this Draught Beer Lao.

Whare in Laos is this available ?

True for industrial alcohol bottled in SEA, but not so generically. Ever heard of botttle-conditioned beer and the The Reinheitsgebot (German beer purity standard)?

[ThaiV CAMRA member]

Had a bottle of beer Lao gold while in Savannaket, it was twice as much as the other beer Lao's but it sure was creamy and tasty. Wish I would have bought more!

It should not be twice as much. It was usually about 2000 kip more.

I have a theory about the Beerlao Gold which is, as you say,a very nice beer. I have been in and out of Lao for short stays for 8 years. The ordinary Beerlao was always an exceptionally nice beer until a couple of yers ago when it seemed to have become rather mediocre. But then I tried the Gold and that was exceptionally good like the old Beerlao used to be. So I reckon they renamed the original Beerlao: 'Beerlao Gold' and produced a new inferior 'Beerlao' which is still quite palatable but not as good as it used to be.

• Like 1

I am keen to sample this Draught Beer Lao.

Whare in Laos is this available ?

Some of the chemicals are hallucinogenic and make you imagine you are drinking draught beer whistling.gif

• Like 2