Tiffany Show update November 2014

prk888

I was always a strong supporter of the excellent-value-for-money Tiffany show. Sadly after last night's visit that's changed - see below

Mimosa - clearly hurting financially as at November 2014

Far fewer performers (30 absolute maximum).

Fewer fancy costumes just basic outfits

Longer segments = less costume changes

National segment themed dancing (e.g. Thai, Indian, Chinese, Spanish)

Basic musical backing to these

Simple stage settings

Very poor water/lighting shows

No more Michael Jackson !!

Dozens of shops empty

Many more coach parties with clients who seem to buy nothing.

Currently I would not pay even B150 to see this entertainment

Effective 2015

No more discount cards for free entry

Pay B150 for entry. The Tiffany show is included in this fee

Farang without Thai partner is B600 entry (aimed at Russians maybe)

Restaurants can get you in free if you eat there but youd have to pay the B150 for the show

Sounds like Mimosa. We live nearby and glad it's going out of style. We're over 1km away and could hear the boom boom boom till midnight or later. Not now.

Plus, it's an absolute disaster for the highway. Cars and buses lined on the side of the road pulling in and out. Not as bad as the floating market, but very poorly designed for traffic and safety.

Good tip about getting in via a restaurant. No way I'd pay just to go in and eat. Did you eat there???

OP - are you talking about Tiffany or Mimosa?

The prices you are quoting and the mention of shops sound like Mimosa (Ban Amphur) where they do have a ladyboy show.

But, the Tiffany show is a different thing entirely and is in Pattaya.

There is an small outdoor theater for the ladyboy shows so if you don't like these shows then it is best to avoid. I hear the Thai owner is highly thought of by staff and it is difficult for transgenders to get legitimate employment so that in itself may be a reason to visit. These shows can be fun occasionally.

If you want to see a good show try the Colosseum on Thepresit road Jomtien. Great show. And if you do a Google search for Colosseum cheap tickets you can buy the VIP seats for about 350 baht instead of the 1,200 baht farangs are charged at the door!

Chickenlegs - my original post specifically referred to Mimosa but I assume mods or Admin. changed the topic title for some reason

Craigt - we always eat at the German restaurant which does good fayre for sensible prices. The Chef used to be at a darkside outdoor restaurant called PK's. He has supplied us with family passes or when called gets us in personally at no charge.