Two Nigerian men arrested in Pattaya for duping Thai women to wire them money

webfact

Two Nigerian men arrested for duping Thai women to wire them money

PATTAYA: -- Pattaya police have arrested two Nigerian men for allegedly duping Thai women to wire them money out of hope to share their fortune.

Chigozie Nnamdi Nwaogu, 31, and Onyebuchi Uchegbu, were arrested at their rented room in Chon Buri's Bang Lamoon district.

They allegedly approached their preys via Facebook chats and claimed they had fortune worth Bt15 million in their bank account.

They asked their preys to wire them Bt100,000 so that they could withdraw their money to share with them.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/breakingnews/Two-Nigerian-men-arrested-for-duping-Thai-women-to-30247228.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2014-11-07

• Like 2

Pattaya Police arrest two Nigerians accused of Social Media fraud

nigeria-5.jpg

PATTAYA: -- On Friday Morning, the Pattaya Police Chief announced the arrest of two Nigerians accused of running scams on social media networks under fake profiles and in addition both were living in Thailand on expired visas.

Mr. Chigozie Nnamdi Nwaogu age 31, and Mr. Onyebuchi Uchegbu aged 34 were arrested at a rented apartment in Soi Neun Plub Wan in East Pattaya. Items seized included 2 Laptops and 2 bank books in the name of Thai females, which they later revealed were paid to open accounts in their names, by the two men, along with bank transfer slips.

Read More: http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/154136/pattaya-police-arrest-two-nigerians-accused-of-social-media-fraud/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+PattayaOneNews+%28Pattaya+One+News%29

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2014-11-08

I am reminded of the youtube clip of the Alligator and the Python fighting each other.

Who is going to eat the other first.

This is a serious battle royale right here.

One side offering to give over 50% of the proceeds of the royal family inheritance, as they are tribal cheifs, cruelly cheated out of their rightful share by an evil uncle, if only the respondant might supply details of their bank accounts to help them secure the funds offshore.

The other side negotiating a much better percentage and trying to ensure the financial transaction happens on Thai soil to give them a fighting chance of keeping much of the proceeds of the ill gotten gains once they had it it in their greedy little hands.

More details please...

• Like 2

I'm sorry but if you are dumb enough to send money like this, you deserve to lose it.

Preying on the naivety of Thai women! Two sacks of shit, whether Nigerian, Russian, Western or whatever. I do not think the Thai women deserve this. Not at all.

I hope these guys do some hard time before being deported.

Criminals should be put to work on a tread mill, to generate electricity, to pay for the cost of their incarceration.

Agree, too many people assume that everyone has the same level of education, they forget Thailand is still a 3rd world country with poor education standards etc.

• Like 2

2 nigerians are to be charged,what about the 2million thai women that have done the same scam.

Usually the female Thai scam employs quid pro quo, although the services she/they render rarely equals the inevitable financial loss.

Been going on for many years these scams by Nigerians. A church leader in a Tongan or Fiji church in Auckland sent all the church money to scammers, believing they needed money to pay off officials to release an box/case containing millions of US$ that their father a village chief left them. Also a lawyer was duped. They offer to transfer the money into your account for you to keep 40% and keep the rest for them when they get their visa.

People who fall for this deserve what they lose.

• Like 2

This is i serious question . I am a novice with respect to Thai culture. Why have none of the Thai female victims com forward to testify. Is it due to the importance of "saving face" and because they do not want to tarnishish the family image ? 100,000 THB is obviously a lot of money for most Thais and I am surprised no victims have approached the police. Thanks

This is i serious question . I am a novice with respect to Thai culture. Why have none of the Thai female victims com forward to testify. Is it due to the importance of "saving face" and because they do not want to tarnishish the family image ? 100,000 THB is obviously a lot of money for most Thais and I am surprised no victims have approached the police. Thanks

vision, was hard to believe two intelligent Thais went for it. more than that, impossible. please, be impossible.