Two Nigerian men arrested in Pattaya for duping Thai women to wire them money

webfact

Something simliar is happening to one of my wife's family's friends. She 'met' a Spanish man online, and they've been having an online romance for a month or two. He has promised her the world, including that he would pay to have new houses built for her family. Rather than wire the money, he loaded it into a safe or 3, which was then loaded into suitcases and shipped to her. The shippers discovered the money, and are holding it hostage for a mere $1,000 USD in brokerage fees. She just needs to pay them that and the 3 suitcases of money will be delivered.

Obviously fake, but a really good confidence scam. They've created their own shipping company which has a Thai language Facebook page (the website is not working). There's multiple pictures of this spanish guy in various places that he's sent to her, and now photos from the shipping company showing photos of the suitcases and photos of the money. And the poor girl is in love with her Spanish boyfriend and of course doesn't want to lose face, so it has been a bear to convince her and her family that this is just a confidence scam.

LOL... you call that good?

Hey, I own this toll bridge between New York City and the mainland here in the states and I'm ready to retire. I'm willing to sell it to you cheap. Interested?

<deleted>.

I'm sorry but if you are dumb enough to send money like this, you deserve to lose it.

Sorry everyone aren't as smart as you. The Nigerian Scam has been going on for years and have duped thousands of persons in USA ,Great Britain , Spain , Aus ect out of millions of dollars. :Below is explanation ,you can Google 419 or Nigerian Scams. They sometimes even do research and get distant relatives name or similar and say they died and left person money but need to wire bank account info to them for tranfer the funds all kinds of scams that seem real even to fairly inteligent persons except those that have read up about them.

'Nigerian 419' scams - SCAMwatch

www.scamwatch.gov.au › ... › Money transfer requests ('Nigerian' scams)
A 'Nigerian' scam is a form of upfront payment or money transfer scam. They are called Nigerian scams because the first wave of them came from Nigeria
Edited by Tony125

2 nigerians are to be charged,what about the 2million thai women that have done the same scam.

Let's just consider it "tax" for the countless number of non-Thais who come here and exploit the grossly inequitable status of the global economy in the 21st century.

Oh, and before you pipe up again, maybe you should first read the posts with implications of "naive and/or ignorant people deserve what they get."

Thanks meatboy (I actually tried to use that name, and now I know why the system wouldn't let me—you got to it first!).

2 nigerians are to be charged,what about the 2million thai women that have done the same scam.

not true. unless you're a low life. then everything is somebody elses fault.

you have a point or are you just an unhappy bigot.

no, you're one of the small minded two wrongs make it right guy. good luck with that. you'll need it.

an unhappy bigot,small minded,not sure what you mean?

i do now what IDIOTITIS is,causes the brain to shut down and the mouth to keep talking.

meatboy one very very happy farang.

These guys are dirtbags, no doubt. Glad they got caught.

However, I think the biggest point to be made here is that this stuff happens in Thailand, perpetrated by Thais, on a daily basis and little or nothing is done. But they make a huge public deal of it when the scam goes in the reverse direction.

When are they going to have a Thai in that seat for scamming a foreigner?

Never.

They won't even arrest a Thai that killed two foreigners...

Edited by moto77
  • Like 1

Typical Thai woman thinking of others first would do anything thing to help those in a more misfortunate situation than themselves kindness personified giving away money like that to such a noble cause especially with all these Ebola problems for these pair back home

• Like 1

This website is worth a look if you haven't already. Scam targets taking the P1$$ out of the scammers.

I played with one Malaysian guys a few years ago who was trying to run a similar scam. I sent him scans of fake bank remitance slips among other things to convince him that I had sent money to him. Had him running around opening new bank accounts. Once the penny dropped he threatened all sorts.

http://www.419eater.com/

• Like 1

Is there still one person on this planet who is not yet aware of the Nigerian scam?

How naive must you be to give someone money to receive money?

I am quite sure they didnt tell anybody on Social media they were Nigerians !!! biggrin.png

They sure look like the scum they are. To this day I get tons of spam mail promising inheritances. The last wish of a widow dying of cancer. The name of the Lord is often mentioned. Whether these are all from Nigeria, I don't know, but scum in Nigeria invented them. It is the "advance fee fraud". So happy to see some of them on the block for once. Sitting in a cellar in their country, they are virtually untouchable, read unfindable. How could they be so ill-advised as to move to Thailand?

These people are nothing but scum of the earth.

My wife was implicated in one of these scams 3 yrs back.

Foolishly when she came to Aust on her partner visa in 2012 she left her cancelled ID card in our house in Phuket.

The card was stolen and used by scammers to open up a fraudlent bank account in her name(the bank never checked the card in their reader)

Anyway a long story short after she was granted Aust residency we came back for a holiday. To our amazement the coppers wanted her arrested

over a similar scam. I was able to provide a rock solid alibi(living in Aust) and the fact she has never been to Malaysia(were the money was drawn from)

As well as a full audit of her bank accounts showing there was no money depoisted from outside of Aust, I also hired a hand writting expert that stated

the thai chick who opened the account signiture was not the same as my wife's.

But the prosecution claimed that becaues it is her card then she is responsible. Sure it was her card. But we stated had the bank done their job and put

the card in the reader and seen the card had been cancelled several months before none of this would of happened.

The charges are still on going but we were allowed to return to Aust. Once she gets her Aust passport we are going back to fight.

The whole thing is a night mare, all started by ar$e holes like these 2 blokes. A simple case as we would see it here in western society certainly is not the same

in the Thai justice system

It's not funny, it's a drag that national police can only get involved if all parties are within one national border. International economy isn't that sensitive towards cultures (and inter-cultural misunderstandings) at all.

If all Thai women that misunderstood the promises made by farangs as sincere promises would call the police, then how many farangs or expats would be in custody?

Please be honest:

How many of you promised social security to a lady in exchange for good sex (which is rarely available in their country)?

I'm sorry but if you are dumb enough to send money like this, you deserve to lose it.

Preying on the naivety of Thai women! Two sacks of shit, whether Nigerian, Russian, Western or whatever. I do not think the Thai women deserve this. Not at all.

I hope these guys do some hard time before being deported.

Criminals should be put to work on a tread mill, to generate electricity, to pay for the cost of their incarceration.

I agree with you 100% This scam has been going on for at least 2 decades. In the early days many gullible people in the UK were duped by it. I brought my children up to understand that if an offer seems to good to be true..then it probably isn't. Avoid these scams like the plague.

I also like your ideas of punishment. I wish this could be introduced where ever individuals are lawfully and fairly imprisoned.

isn't? (shows I read your post)

Can someone explain to me how these Nigerians or similar scammers communicate with the Thai women they are scamming or trying to scam? Can these scammers write in Thai? What I saw in the article photos was in English so I would have to assume they used English in persuading these women to wire the money.. So one would have to further assume these Thai ladies are educated or at least smart enough to read and understand English but not smart enough to recognize a scam... Hmmm, If this is truly the case then how does one meet these English speaking Thai ladies who have enough money that they can send a 100,000 baht to aomeone they have never met in person... In no way do I want to scam these ladies myself but it be nice to have a girl friend (as in friend only in the beginning) that is financially independent...just saying..

• Like 1

Preying on the naivety of Thai women! Two sacks of shit, whether Nigerian, Russian, Western or whatever. I do not think the Thai women deserve this. Not at all.

Criminals should be put to work on a tread mill, to generate electricity, to pay for the cost of their incarceration.

You are forgetting rule #1 of grifting: You can't fool an honest person.

I would also like to have a girlfriend who is financially independent.

But I'm afraid that even in Europe all women prefer men that help them to improve their social status and give them some security. No matter how smart, intelligent or multilingual they are.

Why should Thai women be different when it comes to improvement ?

Hmmmm looks like an improvement..... there is no pointing of fingers in this photograph. Otherwise most Thai culprits sit with all the police in the background pointing their fingers at them for the photograph......Well This one looks like a job well done..... not like a family photograph!

Can someone explain to me how these Nigerians or similar scammers communicate with the Thai women they are scamming or trying to scam? Can these scammers write in Thai? What I saw in the article photos was in English so I would have to assume they used English in persuading these women to wire the money.. So one would have to further assume these Thai ladies are educated or at least smart enough to read and understand English but not smart enough to recognize a scam... Hmmm, If this is truly the case then how does one meet these English speaking Thai ladies who have enough money that they can send a 100,000 baht to aomeone they have never met in person... In no way do I want to scam these ladies myself but it be nice to have a girl friend (as in friend only in the beginning) that is financially independent...just saying..

good point, the only other thing I could think of is using one of those paid for professional translation programs or hired help.

Really..? I find it all very ironic and therefore, rather humorous.

I once saw a letter in the paper from a Thai university professor claiming that he had been duped into sending money to some one in Europe as a processing fee after he had received an email to say he had won on a lottery without ever buying a ticket for it. There's one born a minute.