Visa for vietnam - presumed I was VOA but not, flying Monday!

thelongshoot

I just made a real stupid mistake in thinking I was VOA for Vietnam (I am British) I am sure when I went there is 2003 i was VOA but now, after booking flights for me and GF, I find out I need a visa.

Am I screwed? Im flying Monday. Today is Saturday.

Someone told me that I can pay an agent to give me some kind of letter which I present to immigration to get the visa? I this true?

Please help!

You need a letter of invitation so that you can collect an actual visa on arrival. That can be issued same-day but only Mon-Fri.

What time is your Monday flight? I have managed to get a letter several times same-day but the earliest I have recieved it via email is about 4PM. OK if you have an evening flight. But you must print out a copy of the invite letter both to show the airline here AND collect the visa at the other end.

The travel agent I use is guaranteed to get you the letter you need on Monday if you file application and pay before 10AM Monday their time.

Otherwise, you can take the heat out of the situation and go ahead with same-day application but fly on Tuesday (if you can change your flights).

Let me know if that will work for you.

Clarification on the above: the travel agent I mention is in Vietnam. You do everything online. They have delivered well over 20 visa letters to me and fellow workmates and travelers since 2005.

If you are in Bangkok, you could try for an 'express', same-day visa at the Vietnam embassy on Wireless Road. I am not sure if they still do it or have criteria for issuing it fast. Either way, that would be apply in the morning and collect in the afternoon. Once again, I have only done that once back in 2010 and by the time I collected the passport with the visa, it was very tight catching a 6PM flight.

Same day processing is possible ... Would recommend calling below or similar agency

http://www.myvietnamvisa.com/faqs.html#4

* Same Day Processing (Working day): If you submit your application and pay the fee before 12.00 PM Vietnam time on a Working day (Monday-Friday), we will send you the letter of approval by 18:00 PM on the same working day.

Here's an even quicker one.. Super urgent service 4 hours... So possible to get by noon on Mon...

What time does your

Flight on Mon? As airline normally want to see the letter to checkin..

http://www.visaonarrival.net/vietnam-visa-express.html

Super Urgent Service: 4 hour processing - You have plus $ 30 for this service and receive visa approval letter 4 hour after your payment

In the Super Urgent, you must contact with Supporting hotline (+84) 904 712 081 or email: [email protected]

Vietnam Immigration Department do not work in Saturday and Sunday.

Morning request: If you submit your application and pay the fee by 8.00 AM Vietnam time, we will send you the letter by 12.00 PM (4 hour processing) or 16.00 PM (8 hour processing)

Edited by CWMcMurray