Yingluck summoned to appear at NLA on November 12 for delayed impeachment request

webfact

Ex-PM Yingluck's impeachment hearing tentatively postponed
By Digital Content

14156972121475-640x390x1.jpg

BANGKOK, Nov 11 - Thailand's National Legislative Assembly (NLA) whip has tentatively postponed the legislative body's impeachment debate against ex-premier Yingluck Shinawatra from tomorrow to November 28, pending formal approval by the Assembly tomorrow.

Full story: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/775720-ex-pm-yinglucks-impeachment-hearing-tentatively-postponed/

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wonder what the excuse will be on the 28th, the lawyers will have to think hard between now and then to come up with something new, perhaps in hospital with a relapse of her sore ankle.

Not likely that they will accept another excuse.

Here we go again!! We can't win at the ballot-box, but we can always trust the "independent" Thai judiciary to do the dirty work for us!!

And the Shins' anthem then? 'We buy ourselves a cheap majority of gullible ignorants N.& E., put the pawn we have groomed to on top of it (N.B. your idol Thaksin), set (bend) the Judiciary to our hand, and with the police and the army in our pocket, we are the masters of Thailand'? Unfortunately for the clan, it didn't all go as planned with some(!) parts of the Judiciary and the Military. And there might also have been another 'family' which did not agree (anymore)... All considerations you may not be busy with, but that I like to put forward to balance your, mind you, for me far from totally incorrect, opinion. Do two wrongs make a right though? Not for me! Only totally new movements and parties, excluding all existing politicians and colour-coded (anti-) 'heroes', bound by their published programs, and made automatically responsible for all their actions, could IMO bring the country forward, with a Judiciary serving Justice to all, with the Military in their barracks, the police doing, exclusively(!) a, good, police job, and, why not, to make it entirely irrealistic, all people becoming a, totally different, decent, education. My dream for Thailand, which will alas probably remain a dream forever... What is your dream JOC?

Good post!! And my dream doesn't differ very much from yours. But the big question is, how do we get there? All your suggestions make sense, but you know yourself how many "buts" there are involved.

Ban PTP politicians for life and do the same with politicians from other parties, give the army 5 years as caretakers. Enough time to establish new political parties, make changes in the judiciary, write a new constitution where all people are included and do major changes in the RTP. For starters!!

But to ever get there, we can not accept "just one more case" where the the judiciary is wearing their yellow glasses!!

As for Thaksin being my hero. Far from! Ofcourse the rural poor should not be represented by a multi-billionare, but by one of their own.

I just don't like governments based on intimidation!!

I do not like governments who use intimidation to govern either. I too do not have rose (red) or yellow coloured glasses or different coloured shirts and I have seen how the prior government and the government previous to them, performed.

Both sides have undertaken courses of action that leave a lot to be desired and in the western world many, I think, would be in the dock by now. There may be a few on either side, who are coated in Teflon, where nothing will stick but I think they are in the minority.

The biggest problem is the depth of corruption. It is everywhere and the citizens can see this and when no one up high isn't gaoled or is given a get out of gaol free card they become disillusioned when they nothing ever comes of it except huge expenditures to run BS inquiries. What should be done is everyone who has alleged to have committed an offence as a government official be dealt with expeditiously and fairly and if found guilty, be banned from politics for life. And this is to apply to all, not just a select few.

Maybe you are right, get rid of every polly, who has even the slightest taint against his/her character, make the lawyers and judiciary accountable for the way they act and delay and delay, and if they do not adhere to the rule of law, give them the flick also. I think were are on the same page but unfortunately I will probably never see a complete change in my life time. In so far as the coup, let this continue for at least five years, the populace are happy, the bombings and political killings have stopped, as has the bickering between both sides of government.

Yes, I am a fan of the General. He is doing a good job but everyone needs to take a deep breath and remember, he was a soldier for a long time and a Politician for a very short time. Did he do a good job whilst in his previous position? If you all are honest you would have to say yes. There will always be detractors, which is very obvious on this forum but only running the country as a Politician for a year he will, because of inexperience, make a few gaffs and say a few things that may not be right or even misconstrued. Doesn't mean he is incompetent, he is just on a very steep learning curve. Given time I think you will find he has only the best interests at heart for the country and its people and will be one of a number of honest people that this country greatly needs.

So they use the bully boy tactics and haven't yet forwarded the lawyers the 4000 page case against her.

well i dont care whatever as long as they put this lying smug evil clone in her place even if it takes a mass suppression of vile red shirt thugs People forget easily and quickly chaos caused by her big brother and less than 1 year ago attempt to give amnesty to a criminal

He said Ms Yingluck has designated her lawyer to appear at the meeting on November 12 instead.

He was explained that the reason for her postponement of impeachment was due mainly to the meeting regulation of the assembly which states clearly that a summoned person must be given 15 days in advance to have time to study the impeachment case file so that she could defend herself, or request more witnesses’ testimonies.

He said until now she has not yet received any case file from the National Anti Corruption Commission (NACC) to study and prepare for defence.

The lawyer said that without the impeachment case file from the NACC for study in advance, the accused was tantamount to be deprived of the right to protect herself against accusations when the NLA opens the impeachment debate.

People could argue there is to date no case to answer for anyway if nothing has been forwarded before the hearing and according to the law in timely fashion.

Really its pathetic.

You really believe anything that comes from the lips of Shin lawyers?

Poor Yingluck, oh so innocent. Wonder if she paid customs duty on those 30 plus pearl necklaces she reportedly purchased whilst on holiday with her criminal fugitive brother in law.

Either the case file copy has been sent to the defence lawyer or accused or it hasnt been, bit hard to claim its not if untrue the NACC would have already made it clear it was sent if thats the requirement...

Do i believe lawyers ? not as much as I do the likelihood that being Thai its very likely no paperwork or case file has been compiled in advance to be looked at.

We shall see but if it turns out its all been a bluster and no paperwork or evidence then you have to then wonder whats so different or great about this lot over the last, first impressions are a good indication of whats to come, so far it dosnt look good to me ;)

Go girl! Don't let those thugs bully you around!

But she is not going, she is sending her lawyer to represent her.

She is incapable even to defend herself.

Personally, I don't think she needs to go......nothing's going to happen!

The country has lost 600 Billion Baht because of hers and her brothers vote winning schemes and you think nothing is going to happen?

If you come out true, I hope they all go and drawn themselves in Chao Praya or wherever else.

Another going through the motions show trial! it's odds on Yingluck will walk away squeeky clean! and indeed nothing much will happen! I won't speculate any further than that!

Edited by MAJIC

So they use the bully boy tactics and haven't yet forwarded the lawyers the 4000 page case against her.

well i dont care whatever as long as they put this lying smug evil clone in her place even if it takes a mass suppression of vile red shirt thugs People forget easily and quickly chaos caused by her big brother and less than 1 year ago attempt to give amnesty to a criminal

Stupid of them to to try to get amnesty after. The Junta is much smarter. It granted itself full amnesty in advance for whatever they would do or decide. The Shins are amateurs! :)

A truly vile sickening hateful elite system based on fear and censorship -

Their days are numbered as credible -

Barbaric evil judicial oppressive state

Fortunately Fred that has gone now with the demise of the Thaksin puppet Yingluck, or should I use his word clone, excuse for a government.

Once reforms are in place which will prevent crooked politicians of any party from ever again getting into power and people can exercise their vote without threats, bribery or intimidation, where all parties can campaign freely in all parts of the country without hate or fear influencing the vote then things will be on the right track.

With important reforms in education, health, justice, police, checks and balances and others an elected Govt will have little choice to work for the people and not for a convicted criminal hiding overseas.

Yes I know a tall order, but we must live in hope.

One day the ignorant amongst us will awaken from their torpor and realise those in Thailand currently chanting the loudest for reforms are the very ones who who have stood in the way, opposing reforms and yearning for a return to the dark old ways of lords and serfs.

You've been brainwashed son, get control of yourself, regain some dignity and self respect, come back to reality and join the good, the wise and the just in condemning these usurpers.

Once again they are trying to deny her of her rights. Amazing Thailand. They want to hang her as fast as they can. What about the Yellows who took over the airport. Why hasn't that case been solved. It's over 6 years old. this case isn't a year old.

5555 stop crying dude.

You have no idea what you are talking about Bob. Do you have any idea how much I trillion baht is? Your beloved puppet screwed up and made Thailand lose huge amounts of money through mismanagement. She is going to get punished. Better prepare yourself for a life without your corrupt hero.

• Like 1

Case postponed .

The old kangaroo court just can't get all their ducks in a row.

Targeting Yingluck and trying to rush things through while other cases are put on the far back burner will do nothing positive for the yellow dems.

This case is and should be dead in the water.

Law isn't your strangest point I see. Failing to stop the country from losing huge amounts of money will not go without consequences. Yingluck had warnings from all over the globe, not only Thailand. Yingluck did NOTHING with those warnings? result: she has blown 30 BILLION Dollars. Yes this time even the Shins can't use their red army anymore to threaten the judges. I guess we have the thank Prayut for this. thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif

• Like 1