Meeting Thai Girls Off The Internet For Relationships

leftcross

I will probably receive an amount of flak for confessing that I have met several girls from the internet, but it really is a very efficient way of meeting members of the opposite sex.

Having recently got divorced after twenty years of marriage, I intend to enjoy the rest of my life without being having the commitment of a wife and any additional kids. But as I am working in a country where it is impossible to meet member of the farer sex, I have spent the last few years travelling to Asia 4 or 5 times a year or my R & R.

I soon became fed up with the bar scene and the boring conversation with bar girls so joined a couple of dating sites. Since then I haven’t looked back. I have met several girls, all well educated with good jobs who want to meet ‘respectable’ farangs but in their social circle, never get the chance.

The normal way forward is to spot a likely candidate on a dating site, swap a couple of e-mails and then chat with them on yahoo or msn. I can normally tell within a few days whether the chemistry is there and if it is, I continue emailing or chatting until my next visit. Its difficult making too many arrangements with a girl before hand, as we may not click but so far things have always worked out perfectly. Most times the girl has taken time of work so we can spend a week or so in a nice resort or just travelling to places I haven’t been before.

I am always honest with the girl and make it clear that I am not looking for a wife and so far they have all readily accept the situation and are just happy to have a week of passion. It has been difficult not to fall for the girls and I must admit that I did get very attached to one of them but after seeing her twice, we decided that we had better not continue.

The question of payment has never arisen, I have never offered and none have asked. OK, I did set a Filipina up in a small business to prevent her from leaving Philippines to work as a maid. But that was a small investment price to pay for the happiness it gave her and her family.

I cannot imagine a better existence for a man in his fifties, I work for a couple of months and then spend two weeks in the company of an attractive, intelligent girl who appear to want me only for my body!

Finally I would add one more thing, the girls I meet are not young teenagers, they are generally late twenties or early 30’s and about half are divorced.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i can't think of another country where the odds are so heavily stacked in a young (and not-so-young, you cheeky old devils!) white man's favour.

everywhere you go there are opportunities to meet thai girls for relationships and, let's face it, the vast majority of thai girls are so naturally attractive that even going to the 7-11 means you are confronted with women so beautiful they make your head spin.

I take it you haven't been to the Philippines. IMHO, it's much easier to meet a woman there, plus most of them speak English. Some of them (regular girls, not bar girls) will even approach you either directly or through a friend. Regardless of if they approach you or not, their eyes and body language will let you know if they're interested. Not to mention, most of them speak passable English as English is sort of a second language in the Philippines. I personally do not care much for Filipino culture or food, find the country to be alarmingly dangerous, and find 99.9% of Filipino women to be far from attractive. But there's lots and lots of guys that love it and find the woman of their dreams there. Look at any general purpose internet dating site and yuo'll likely see that Filipinas outnumber Thai women by 100:1 or more. Even the world's shyest guy could go to the Philippines and find a girl.

How right you are and they are not as expensive as the Thai woman. In Manila's LA Bar, ther's 100 gal to 1 guy in an evening. So all can play along, even Brit.

yes, the internet. perfect for single mothers and divorcees but ........

What are you talking abuout wehn refering to Thai girls on the internet Lefcross, these single Thai womnen websites or places like Thailandfriends and your myspace's and what have you? Coz I'd say on the latter sites theres plenty of eligable young single childless women. :o

How right you are and they are not as expensive as the Thai woman.

I have heard a whispered rumour that some Thai women have sex and even enter relationships free of charge. No doubt thats considered an urban myth for many guys. :o

BKK that dangerous mate - might burst the myth of chastity among the middle/highso yappies. :D

i was very surprised to read in stickman's column this week that he met his wife off the internet.

this is just my opinion, but it seems very odd and sad too.

i can't think of another country where the odds are so heavily stacked in a young (and not-so-young, you cheeky old devils!) white man's favour.

Well maybe you should give it a try before you judge it so harshly you cheeky old white bastard! Personally I have found the internet to be the easiest and best way to meet people. It has a lot of things in its favour - most of the people that 'chat' are actually 'looking' for someone, you (or they) can chat for as little or as long as you like to figure out if you have a common interest and if they seem to be decent before you waste your time asking them out, and frankly the people you find online seem to be a fairly representative sample of the general (youngish) population in Bangkok or wherever, ie. 'normal'.

Meeting people through the internet works far better in BKK than elsewhere because of the huge population base - with 10 million people jammed in this little space, there's bound to be one that suits you :o

Anyway, I met my current (5-year) gf through the net, very happy.

My ex met an English guy on the Internet while she was in BKK and he was in the UK. They chatted for awhile and eventually she flew there to meet him. They got married, had a kid and now they are living happily ever after. Soon they will be moving to Australia together. Oh yeah, she wasn't a bar girl. Just a regular middle class Bangkok girl.

I have heard a whispered rumour that some Thai women have sex and even enter relationships free of charge. No doubt thats considered an urban myth for many guys. :o

Your are correct SOME of them. I would say FEW. Most, in fact all, I have met over the internet or anywhere else want money in some form or fashon. Many ladies on the internet do not speak or write adequate English and are usuing some sort of "facilitatator/matchmaker" to do the conversing. That adds another element of corruption to the process, since the ladies have to pay the matchmaker and guess who will be paying the charge in the end - the lucky gentleman.

As for some others comments re: meeting women in 7-11 etc. I find that most of these shopgirls and students have little or no interest in Farangs (young & handsome maybe an exception) unless they in dire need of money. I live in an Issan city, so BKK & the resorts may be a different scene for this.

As for some others comments re: meeting women in 7-11 etc. I find that most of these shopgirls and students have little or no interest in Farangs (young & handsome maybe an exception) unless they in dire need of money. I live in an Issan city, so BKK & the resorts may be a different scene for this.

You live in what city? Are you sure it's in Isaan? Every city in Issan I've been to has no shortage of shopgirls and students looking for a farang. Sure, there's some who aren't interested, but it doesn't take more than a few minutes walking around a shopping center or near a university campus to find one who is. That's been my impression. Of course I dress well and am well groomed. If, like a number of farangs do, you smell bad, dress like a slob, or stink like a pig, then I could understand if you had a different experience. Mind you I'm not looking and am off the market, but still I get Thai women showing obvious interest in me when I go out without my wife.

Your are correct SOME of them. I would say FEW. Most, in fact all, I have met over the internet or anywhere else want money in some form or fashon. Many ladies on the internet do not speak or write adequate English and are usuing some sort of "facilitatator/matchmaker" to do the conversing. That adds another element of corruption to the process, since the ladies have to pay the matchmaker and guess who will be paying the charge in the end - the lucky gentleman.

Well unless your name in Donz.

You live in what city? Are you sure it's in Isaan? Every city in Issan I've been to has no shortage of shopgirls and students looking for a farang. Sure, there's some who aren't interested, but it doesn't take more than a few minutes walking around a shopping center or near a university campus to find one who is. That's been my impression. Of course I dress well and am well groomed. If, like a number of farangs do, you smell bad, dress like a slob, or stink like a pig, then I could understand if you had a different experience. Mind you I'm not looking and am off the market, but still I get Thai women showing obvious interest in me when I go out without my wife.

Yes, I am sure it is an Issan city and one of the largest. I am not fat, ugly, or ill mannered and I dress well. I am NOT a burned out boozer hippie from hel_l. Most of the shopgirls know little or no English. The students have thier own Thai boyfriends. The only interest I see in Farangs is from: 1. Women in dire need of money (want marrriage, dowery, house, car,gold, pay for family, etc, etc. "Thai tradition" you know?) 2. Scam artists 3. Bargirls or Beergirls 4. Over 40 who been "around the track" more han a few times.

Yes, I am sure it is an Issan city and one of the largest. I am not fat, ugly, or ill mannered and I dress well. I am NOT a burned out boozer hippie from hel_l. Most of the shopgirls know little or no English. The students have thier own Thai boyfriends. The only interest I see in Farangs is from: 1. Women in dire need of money (want marrriage, dowery, house, car,gold, pay for family, etc, etc. "Thai tradition" you know?) 2. Scam artists 3. Bargirls or Beergirls 4. Over 40 who been "around the track" more han a few times.

Yes, I agree that most of the shopgirls' English ability is very poor at best. If you are a Farang that doesn't speak any Thai, then you will have a difficult time trying to find one to have a relationship with. But it's not because they're all not interested in meeting a Farang. For many their lack of interest in a Farang is only because they're afraid they can't communicate with him. If you just started speaking Thai to many of these girls that you thought were unavailable, they'd suddenly show you how wrong you were. As to the one's who already have Thai boyfriends, well unless they're playing the field, then it's obvious why they're not interested in a Farang. They're not interested in any man, Farang or Thai because they're already in a relationship. So that group cannot be used in any survey of how many of them might be willing to go with a Farang. Some of the women are interested in marriage as opposed to just a casual relationship that will never lead anywhere, but it's not necessarily because of money but because that's what they want and maybe they're a bit more traditional. Some girls aren't interested in any guy, Farang or Thai, that just comes up to them and expects them to immediately agree to a date. Some girls are harder to get than others, but that doesn't mean they aren't interested. Some girls are just shy and need time to open up.

Take away the scam artists, the ones who already have a boyfriend, the bargirls, the one's in dire need of money, and still you'll end up with a fairly good percent of them that would be willing to go out with a Farang provided they were able to communicate with him. There's certainly many Thai women that would not be interested in a Farang under any circumstances. In all cultures there's many who would never consider dating a man outside of their own culture. But there's also many Thai women who are very interested or who could be interested in a Farang under the right conditions.

I've never done any sort of a study or data gathering, but just off the top of my head I'd estimate that over 30% of the available Thai women in Isaan would be willing to go with a Farang under the right circumstances. This estimate is based on talking with available Thai women who are my wife's friends or family. I'm constantly getting requests by them to find them a Farang boyfriend. If I was single and didn't have any close relationships with Thais, then I'd probably assume the percent to be much lower because it's very often difficult to realize that a girl is interested in that situation.

I also find Isarn girls to be rather gorillaesque, with there large flat noses, pronounced foreheads and masculin jaw lines.

As for when they get a little older, well.

Gross generalization IMO... personally I find the ladies from Isaan to be among Thailand's prettiest... :o

QUOTE(Lacoste @ 2006-08-06 17:45:02) *

I also find Isarn girls to be rather gorillaesque, with there large flat noses, pronounced foreheads and masculin jaw lines.

Gross generalization IMO... personally I find the ladies from Isaan to be among Thailand's prettiest... rolleyes.gif

lol - I think that the Northern girls are the prettiest, followed by the central ones, Isarnese, then South.

It does seem to be the older ones who find the isarn ones, or the ones who are just off the boat who like the exocticness of them.

Edited by Neeranam

I met my g/f on ICQ (she found me actually), and to me this a very good and efficient way of meeting a good girl in Thailand. I live here, but do not like the bargirl type. If not for the internet, how would I meet my g/f, who is a finance & accounting manager with a masters degree? Not in a bar, for sure!

If you prefer an uneducated, poor girl from a bar or 7/11 because she looks great, well that is your choice. But my guess is that after a few weeks, you will get bored with her empty head, no matter how good the sex.

Off topic, Tourleader and Guesthouse: Sorry to have overreacted a wee bit previously.

It certainly can be efficient

a few years back iwas dating a differnt womanoff the net about once evey couple of weeks if not more. i soon tired of it, but it was possible to meet somone online, exchange pictures and be out with them that night.

I dont see anything sad about it, but it does seem somewhat predatoryscrolling through the directory to find one online and then working it until she agrees to meet ....

As for anything more lasting out of it, i doubt it , but what the hel_l.

QUOTE(Lacoste @ 2006-08-06 17:45:02) *

Gross generalization IMO... personally I find the ladies from Isaan to be among Thailand's prettiest... rolleyes.gif

lol - I think that the Northern girls are the prettiest, followed by the central ones, Isarnese, then South.

It does seem to be the older ones who find the isarn ones, or the ones who are just off the boat who like the exocticness of them.

So you're saying that age or naivety has a direct affect on what you find attractive? Somehow I doubt that very much. We are all different, we all find different things attractive. Some like dark skin, others like pale. By your suggestion once a man gets 'wise' to the pitfalls of bargirls (who predominantley come from Issan) then he will suddenly become immune to the natural beauty of all women from this region. Good luck selling that one in certain areas of Thailand.

So you're saying that age or naivety has a direct affect on what you find attractive?

No, I'm not saying that - just an observation, nothing to do with bar-girls.

Do you know any guy who has been here for over 10 years who still prefers dark skin?

In my experience it's a case of the different become the norm, and then not so attractive.

> The Internet is the way millions and millions of people around

> the world meet now. I’m rather amazed that people are surprised

> about this or think it’s and more problematic that other dating

> It is 2006.

This sums it up perfectly. The original poster apparently equates 'meeting on the internet' with dating sites or friend-finder sites or even mail-order bride sites.

Secondly, as for chatting up women in the 7-11 or in the Skytrain et al, this mostly makes me cringe to the extreme.. Some newbie tourist reading the OP's post about how easy it is and hitting at random at female commuters in the Skytrain, embarassing them out of their heads. It's definitely apalling enough to confront the guy and say "Jesus gramps, don't you have internet at home??"

So you're saying that age or naivety has a direct affect on what you find attractive?

No, I'm not saying that - just an observation, nothing to do with bar-girls.

Do you know any guy who has been here for over 10 years who still prefers dark skin?

In my experience it's a case of the different become the norm, and then not so attractive.

A fair point 'N' but I must admit, I do know a couple of guys out here that do on occassion have their heads turned by darker skinned women. I've only been out here about 4 years, and can only say that the colour of the ladies skin is way down on my list. Its the smile that stops me in my tracks. The contrast of lovely white teeth against dark skin I guess is always going to make me an exception to your rule/observation.

I can't disagree wholeheartedly with you though, as I can imagine that after a few years in the country, most mens tastes would change. Although that change would probably be in the type that they might like to have a relationship with as opposed to who they find attractive in the physical sense.

> The Internet is the way millions and millions of people around

> the world meet now. I’m rather amazed that people are surprised

> about this or think it’s and more problematic that other dating

> It is 2006.

This sums it up perfectly. The original poster apparently equates 'meeting on the internet' with dating sites or friend-finder sites or even mail-order bride sites.

Secondly, as for chatting up women in the 7-11 or in the Skytrain et al, this mostly makes me cringe to the extreme.. Some newbie tourist reading the OP's post about how easy it is and hitting at random at female commuters in the Skytrain, embarassing them out of their heads. It's definitely apalling enough to confront the guy and say "Jesus gramps, don't you have internet at home??"

:o

They banned me from all internet dating websites

And???

It was because when i posted my pic there servers would crash because of so many people sending me emails in such a short period of time.

Once someone emailed me over 1000 times in an hour

And???

It was because when i posted my pic there servers would crash because of so many people sending me emails in such a short period of time.

Yes it was the MD of www.uglypeople.com wanting you to sign up as the site mascot :o

And???

Yes it was the MD of www.uglypeople.com wanting you to sign up as the site mascot :o

Yeah, he wanted me to be there mascot to show that anyones pcitures can end up on there website after seeing me

Hi

Having run (and still do) a UK/Thai internet site I obvioulsy have a biased point of view. Yes having come over here especially to Pattaya you almost cannot fail to meet a beautiful young Lady but unless you have kept your brains with you when going through the airport you could become another statistic.

If you are in a foreign country where can you meet ladies, at the pub? well this is not to everyone's 'taste' or ideal place, with a reputable agency the ladies are checked and always remember these ladies can say no as well. Not all of us have the chat up refered to, beau-thai

post-32893-1155216661_thumb.jpg